What are you reading, watching and/or listening to?

I’ve been watching this rather comprehensive critique and thorough inspection of Death stranding. There’s obviously spoilers here as he goes through the entire game, talks at length about all the major and minor plot points, much of the extended lore and extra writing interspersed throughout as well as interviews with Kojima and other people involved in making the game.

If you think you’d want to play the game yourself some day then I would not recommend watching. If you have anything reasonably important to do with your life then I also couldn’t really recommend spending 7½h on this.

But if you have played it and want to hear more about all the things you didn’t fully understand, seemed contradictory or just discarded as Kojima weird then you might find this one interesting. Also if you never intend to play the game or already have had it spoiled for you and just want to get the full image, go right ahead.

I rather enjoyed it.

4 Likes

It’s not my go to metal, but I can enjoy and appreciate the genre. It’s pretty sad when bands go through such events and disband, taking into consideration that there are barely ok bands the last 20 years :frowning:. Those guys were pretty skillful for sure.

I won’t greet you with classic blackmetal though, 'cuz it’s not exactly my thing, but I’m still listening to a more modern approach to it - DONE RIGHT thanks to @xist for almost one year now :smiley:. The new album is coming on Feb 14th this year as well with new vocalist and they got lucky with a perfect fit about the change:

And some of the “old” stuff I enjoy weekly:

6 Likes

I’m watching S3/P3 for the Sabrina show on Netflix now. But I just wanted to say that I finished playing A Plague’s Tale: Innocence via the Gamepass. It was a wonderful narrative, felt like a movie–one that should have won a lot of awards. Especially for the acting and music.

Anyways…on to Sabrina.

3 Likes

Re-Reading: The Witcher series of books;
Watching: The Rookie Season 2
Listening to: Currently, it’s Chris Stapleton

4 Likes

They are pretty good ! Thanks, more stuff to listen

@onLooSe Ok, i’m updating my opinion from ‘pretty good’ to really fcking great . I keep on coming back to them again and again these past few days.

4 Likes

You’re welcome… :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Since Kobe Bryant as well as the people inside the helicopter he was in has passed away, I have decided to watch one of his short films “Dear Basketball”, which is based on a poem he wrote for The Players’ Tribune.

This was also directed by Glen Keane, whose experience in Disney is further proof of his proficiency, with the sketch artstyle really helping to give a sense of intimacy towards the movie. It doesn’t look like it is officially up on YouTube at the moment, but a ton of bootlegs exist there. I may look into Richard Williams’ Prologue in the future, which is another legend and huge figure who has passed on not too long ago, this time an influential animator behind The Thief and the Cobbler (before the kind folks at The Completion Bond Company took it away) and Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
Edit: I forgot to tell that originally the short was attached to go90’s website, but since that shut down it would show a dead link. The one day upload of the short I noticed was uploaded not too long after Bryant’s passing, And it also had John Williams scoring the project, which you may know him from Star Wars and Harry Potter (the first three films I think, they had a different one in the last movies).

7 Likes

Insanely depressing. Kobe and his little girl. So messed up. :frowning:

Finished P3 of the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. It wasn’t bad, but it certainly wasn’t as impressive as P1 or P2. It was like I thought.

some spoilers discussing the show

Focusing the season around going to hell simply to save her boyfriend was a huge disaster in my opinion, and the inspiration of making hell based off of Wizard of Oz felt out of place. Still, it wasn’t bad to the point that I couldn’t finish it or say the show was ruined. I am hoping P4 focusing on the better aspects of the series.

Also, very glad we got a short trip of Riverdale. I was hoping we would get a bigger crossover but I guess that’s the best we will ever get. lol

Now I will find some history stuff on Youtube or something and watch that. :laughing:

4 Likes

And apparently they have taken down the upload anyway, so you’ll have no choice but to rely on unofficial sources anyway. Oh well.
IMG_20200129_163530

3 Likes

Just checked out The Owl House, been waiting for it for a while. It has a slow start, but I’m hoping it’ll be a hit like Gravity Falls. Plus, it has magic and a door to a magical fantasy world, so…

5 Likes

Stopped watching right after the first episode. The completely meaningless politics just took me out of it. Does it get good later?

3 Likes

I’m reading The Witcher Sesaon Of Storms. I’m listening to the following song. I’m working on watching a ton of shows that are in my list on Netflix and prime video.
Song:

5 Likes
3 Likes

I didn’t know Evan Rachel Wood sang. :thinking:

Girl, get to working on the next seasons of West World. :joy:

5 Likes

She didn’t last long in the movie anyhow.

2 Likes

Movies

Hmm I actually watched a lot of rewatches recently. My sister hasn’t seen some movies so we watched First Fight, Gemini Man, and Ready or Not. All of which I enjoyed the first time around and the second time around.

TV

I’ve been grinding my way through The Mentalist I just hit season 5 or 7. I’m over the hump. I definitely feel like the Red John thing has been handled poorly both stretched too long and not even enough time. I mean I watched a 24 episode Season 4 and there were TWO episodes that touched on Red John and they were the season finale. I feel like if you have that many episode you should be able to sneak in tidbits and such. I kinda feel like we should have finished Red John by the end of season 4. Maybe find him by the end of Season 3 and then finish him by 4. Get a brand new serial killer for the rest of the show. Sorta Dexterish without the predictability of the end of season kills.

Reading

I’m 1/3 of the way through my reading challenge for the year so I’m off to a strong start. I finally started the Artemis Fowl Series. a) I get the appeal now. I understand why it was so hype and b) I understand why they’re making a movie of this. It’s good. I just finished this utter slog of a book by Stephen King called A Good Marriage. It was actually two books. The first one (AGM) was good. What I expected from King. The second was longer than the actual book and it was a brutal slog of everything I don’t want to read, I picked up this book called Ace of Spades because this other book I was going to read someone said "this is trying to be Ace of Spades so I figured I’d read it first. I see what people like about it. Not sure it’s my speed but I also am slightly curious how they get out of the

minor spoiler for the book

magic trap the main characters are both in

There’s some aspects of the book that just don’t make any sort of logical sense. But at the same time it’s fantasy. I’ve seen and read much worse.

3 Likes

I’ve been listening to this non-stop:

Band: Egschliglen
Album: Zazal

It’s a sound-portal to old Mongolia, so watch out for flying arrows and stampeding horses

5 Likes

I finished Murder on the Orient Express recently.
I absolutely loved how the author made it end!

Watched the movie. So disappointed T_T

5 Likes

I haven’t read the book but I LOVED the movie.

5 Likes

Then you’ll love the book! ^^

4 Likes