What are you reading, watching and/or listening to?

since i binge watched DreamWorks Dragons final season (R.I.P. good spin off show)
i ofc had to rewatch HTTYD 2, and got-

-stuck in my head,
(probably listened to it about 6bajillion times now :blush:)

hoping a miracle happens after HTTYD 3 to get more “intermission” spin off show with Toothless :hugs:

6 Likes

Brought a tear to my eye…

7 Likes

Finished The End of the F***ing World. That was a good little series…a little bit different from the norm, and all the better for it. Would recommend it as a palate cleanser for the jaded TV watcher. Also watched the Netflix release Mute from Duncan Jones. It got absolutely mauled in it’s reviews, and whilst it wasn’t anything special It was watchable. Plus I quite enjoy things with Paul Rudd in them.

And Wonder Woman. Really wasn’t expecting anything from it at all, and turns out I really enjoyed it. The overarching tone of the strength of human spirit, and Gadot’s portrayal of hope, naivety and strength of character…I loved it all. Even got a bit teary eyed at the climactic finish…what can I say, I’m a bit soft…

7 Likes

It’s definitely a song for when you are in ‘that’ kind of melancholic mood.

I’ve been listening to a good bunch of Kenichiro Nishihara’s discography, with it being really hard choosing which of his songs i like best.

But if i had to best show what he’s more than able to do and what he’s about, it would be Serendipity.

Absolutely love his mixture of Jazz, rap and electronic.

This track specifically reminds me of Persona 5 a lot, probably why i love it so much.:relieved:

7 Likes

I’m dead. What even is this.

giphy%20(1)

Grave-Of-the-Fireflies-Gif-Animation-Blog-231

8 Likes

I love this song too!! I don’t listen to It that often bc really gets in my head after a while.

On the one hand… the person that she’s singing to maybe needs a little push (Maybe is for herself) I don’t know.

On the other hand I can’t help but feel for the other person. “I don’t want to judge what’s in your heart…” and then judges sooo hard, the next line It’s demolishing… probably bc I break under certain kind of preassure dunno.

It just feels so unfair to expect love like that… no one can control their feelings and not everybody is good at showing them, It feels desperate, frustrated… human. Life can feel ike grabbing a handfull of sand.

Makes me cry too (If I grind It) and really sad for both ends (or just the one) I love every minute of It ^^

Imma go to bed now.

sad-me-sad-music-30399116

8 Likes

Thanks to @onLooSe. I’ve listen to this since he sent it to me while we were chatting on steam.

7 Likes

You seem to have shown a positive response to my music recommendation @coralinecastell, am i right in that claim? :smirk:

7 Likes

Absolutely.

I’m on mobile, but here’s a song I’m currently, at this very instant, enjoying on the bus stuck on traffic:

A Horse With No Name - America

(which is ironic considering how much it’s raining and how this is an ocean with cars sailing past my sad gaze)

Hope you enjoy it! (:

9 Likes

Yeah, bus drives is so stressing with all the people and stuff.

(Looks up song on Google)

Yes! Thank you for finding this one. My head instantly began screaming at me (you know this song),so had to look it up. A great song in it’s own right, but also reminds me that i need to finish Bojack season 4. :cry:

8 Likes

For your browsing pleasure …

And…a little bus musci by one of my fav groups…The Who>

8 Likes

YES YOU DO NEED TO S04 IS PERFECTION. NEVER CRIED SO MUCH WATCHING A TV SHOW.

ok guys evil caps is gone now sry

5 Likes

I’m already home doing some translation work but this is really great! Thanks, Delenn dear!

#mood:

(can’t find the vinyl version I listen to at home on YT, sadly)

8 Likes

Jesus, went to bed after my last comment and woke up to this ‘heart attack’.

But yes, gonna continue Bojack later today, most likely. :sob:

5 Likes

Feel free to PM me if you wanna shed some tears together and freak out. Or a virtual hug. :slight_smile:

Guys, I’m really addicted to the “America’s Greatest Hits - History” album. Good stuff.

Also, I’ve recently added a one-man-band, Cosmo Sheldrake, to my all-time favorites.

https://youtu.be/62RvnXZgHwQ

6 Likes

So, without having any particular interest in it, or any reason to watch it I decided to give Baby Driver a viewing. Aside from the awful name (yes I know it’s a Simon and Garfunkel song) it was a great movie. Imagine a fun version of Drive that didn’t take itself too seriously. Great soundtrack too.

Not from the soundtrack, but I love this song-

5 Likes

That made me sad the other day so… hehehe.

:warning: Warning tho :warning:: I read that her mom passed away around that time so… yep, mind your step! I don’t know how sensitive you are to this kind of thing and I don’t want to ruin your weekend or anything. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: (I don’t actually)

6 Likes

It’s ok…I’m not overly sensitive. :smile: If we’re on the topic of songs on the subject matter of a departed mother then this one is another that makes me a little quiet.

Also, watched Thor Ragnarok. Thought it was great…loved the over the top humour, the 80’s neon ending credits, the stupid jokes. Yes it was nothing like anything that had gone before (aside from GotG), but ultimately evolving Thor away from the 2D stoic hero into something else is an interesting move.

6 Likes

don’t miss out on the grandmaster’s epilogue :joy:

8 Likes

Ooh, this will be interesting.
Well, for starters, my friends and I recently watched that Fullmetal Alchemist movie that was on Netflix.
Pardon my language, but it sucked dick.
Bear in mind that I’ve only watched the first ten episodes of the original series. Even so, it felt like it dragged on way too long, and from what my friends told whilst we were watching it, there was a lot of characters that were omitted from the source material, which was even worse for them. Not to mention that the cast looked bored all the way through, especially the actor for Edward Elric in some scenes, to the point where they look dead inside.
Never again are we going to watch it, and neither should you if you ever planning on watching it.

However, a couple of weeks later, we then watched an anime series that’s actually good, called Citrus.
Basically it’s one of them lesbian romance anime, so if you’re not interested in that, then it’s best you don’t read this (even though this first impression is going to be written in a shitty way). Also it can get really raunchy in some points, so there’s that.
So far, we’ve watched only 5 episodes of it, and so far, it’s really, really good. I’ve already the manga version beforehand, so when I saw that the adaptation was released, it made me really giddy about it. In the end it, so far, left me really satisfied.
Already the major moments from the manga were nailed perfectly, the characters sounded how I imagined it to be and the art style is exactly as it is in the source material.
Again, it’s great so far and I recommend it if your into this sort of thing.

As for listening to things, it’s mostly just chill music from artists like TeZATalks and CRX, I guess, as well as other songs.
I’ll put them down here:
TeZATalks - Love (Acoustic)

STéLOUSE - Sociopath

CRX - Broken Bones

Flobots - Mayday!!!

Flobots - Stand Up

8 Likes