What are you reading, watching and/or listening to?

5 Likes

Been listening to Jake Hill more lately and these are a few songs that i’ve been keeping on repeat the last few days.

4 Likes

Jon explains Why Esports should be in the Olympics in 2024. Esports such as Dota and CSGO have proven viewership numbers that exceeded major sports.

3 Likes

Creepy as fuck but that’s why I like it so much.

4 Likes

Oh my! You changed your avatar…Halloween???

4 Likes

Sure! we will go with that.

4 Likes

One of the if not the best current prog/death metal bands around. I understand that this sort of music is not for everyone but besides that they are just super awesome dudes. Their songs mostly containt lyrics about human damage to the planet and how we should be better people , be better to nature and animals and stop polluting and fcking our planet up. Really guys after my own heart .

3 Likes

that very much reminds of Gaunter o’ Dimm’s theme in the Witcher 3:

@DontBeSilly really good song! In case you don’t know them yet, The Haarp Machine cover somewhat similar topics in their lyrics. Not in the following song, but it’s one of their best imo:

5 Likes

Liked them very much! Thank you for showing this band to me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This guy is so awesome…

4 Likes

lots of animu, really satisfied with the fall season so far
and lately Breaking Benjamin, all the breaking benjamin

6 Likes

@Vandem @Fraggles @Eidos

I absolutely adore Shunske Sato’s performances. Hope you guys enjoy :blush:

4 Likes

Just watched The King.

Now that’s how you make a historical based movie Netflix. Now I’m wondering why Outlaw King was so horrible when this was so damn good! :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Need recommendations on something to read!

I haven’t read a book in a while, and I’m scared that I’m literally not going to improve my writing skills at all. So, if you have a favorite book or a book that you would recommend, please list them.

6 Likes

I think this really depends on the genre of what you like to read…

Seeing as you haven’t read in a while, some hints about what books you have enjoyed in the past would help…

For me, it’s always good to revisit:

1. Lord of the Rings trilogy
  2. The Wheel of Time series (Robert Jordan)
  3. The Dark Elf trilogy (plus really anything by R.A. Salvatore)
  4. The Belgariad series and The Malloreon series ← these form one story
  5. The Elenium and The Tamuli ← these also are one story (both 4 and 5 are by David Eddings)
  6. Dune (Frank Herbert). The sequels are nice too, though they do get a bit more weird.
  7. The Black Company plus sequels, etc. (Glen Cook)
  8. Ender’s Game (Orson Scott Card)
  9. The Left Hand of Darkness (Ursula Le Guin)
  10. Chalion series (Lois McMaster Bujold)

Looking at my bookshelves, I seem to have a lot of high fantasy lying around, I guess that tells you a little bit about what I like… Haha…

There are others, these are ones I go back to more often than others…

10 Likes

I second Lord of the Rings.

Not in any particular order.

1. The Night Angel Trilogy
  2. A Song of Ice and Fire (more commonly known as Game of Thrones)
  3. Eragon (first book, second book gets ridiculously dull in the middle)
  4. Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events
  5. Harry Potter Series
  6. Chronicles of Narnia Series
  7. The City of Ember Series
  8. Fantastic Mr. Fox
  9. Dragon Rider
  10. Inkheart Series
  11. Howl’s Moving Castle

Haven’t read it, but I’ve heard Artemis Fowl is a good series
The Jack Reacher “Series” by Lee Child are good if you want to have a book start and finish before the end.

oh wow. I was looking for Inkheart and came across Boxcar Children Mysteries. That’s a flashback. and THERE’S MORE THAN ONE BOOK FOR HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON WHHAAAATTT?!?!

I’ve run out of idea for now.

8 Likes

I second pretty much everything @YQMaoski recommended and just want to add almost anything by Terry Pratchett as a good choice for getting back into reading. Very amusing books, not a very complicated writing style but he still manages to have a way with words that is both entertaining and interesting none the less.

It also doesn’t matter an awful lot which particular book of his you pick up, though you will find an unending supply of disagreeing recommended read orders online if you want to follow someone else’s opinion on the matter.

I think Hogfather is the one I read first, because I found it in a second hand store at some point. It’s probably my favourite still and it’s of the season so can’t go wrong with that one if you want a specific title recommendation.

8 Likes

The forum is a treasure trove of suggested reading for books and ebooks. What is nice a lot of it’s free.

https://206.81.1.216/t/free-ebooks-and-audiobooks-add-your-fav-sites-to-the-list/9628

https://206.81.1.216/t/chrono-book-club-by-chronies-for-chronies/12671

It may say “Children Books” but there is a lot of adult stuff too.

https://206.81.1.216/t/chronies-recommendations-children-books-sci-fi-science-fantasy-adventures-toys-games/15391

You didn’t list a genre but if you like sci fi, adventure, horror and fantasy, here’s some mags.
https://206.81.1.216/t/free-pulp-fiction-mags/10080

Now go read and enjoy :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

7 Likes

Politely recommend the following…

• A Sand County Almanac by Aldo Leopold
  • Any book written by David Quammen
  • What if our earth is their heaven? The final interviews with Phillip K. Dick
  • The Collected Works of Phillip K, Dick (especially Scanner Darkly, and his assorted short stories)

I myself have been enjoying:

• The art of political thinking by William Welch
7 Likes

Lullaby of Woe (Kołysanka o niedoli) in Polish. Main menu theme from the Witcher 3 Wild Hunt Blood and Wine.
I wish that this version was available on a soundtrack.

5 Likes