What are you reading, watching and/or listening to?

So I watched Extra Credits latest video. You can look it up if you want to. I don’t really agree with it.

I don’t think I’ve seen a worse Like/Dislike Ratio… it’s worse than Youtube Rewind 2018! (2.5m/16m)

3 Likes

Is it the Joan of Darc one? I’m on mobile and don’t actually want to open it.

I have never watched this channel so I don’t know what it’s about.

Why the hate about this episode?

2 Likes

Nope it’s about “Normalizing Nazi” in games.

2 Likes

They must have deleted it, then. I see nothing past Joan of Darc.

And the only reason to allow nazis in video games in the first place is so that they may be stabbed, shot and hit in the face real hard with a metal baseball bat.

edit: fuck nevermind, it’s just not their latest video. It’s from 3 days ago. Sorry for my confusion, @Pylinaer

edit2: haha it seems like they got a buttload of response videos, from big channels to small channels. serves them right, I guess. gonna try watching one of them to see that the h their initial video was about – without giving them my +1 view.

3 Likes

Used to enjoy Extra credits, they had some interesting insights and ideas at first. Then a few years back they decided to get political and started weaving in their biases into things at which point I didn’t feel like they could be trusted anymore.

5 Likes

I will give it a watch when I have a moment, None shall be spared my opinions on trivial matters

2 Likes

Just watched episode 12 of Arthdal Chronicles.

This episode was INSANE! So damn good! And the preview for the next one looks like it could be even better! I’m so glad I picked up this show. Can’t wait to see how all these sides tackle each other’s plots and desires, going to be good I’m sure.

2 Likes

I am listening to this thing in an outdoor concert right now… Hehe…

just a photo, might be slightly large in file size, unless the site resizes the upload

6 Likes

Thanks to @Fraggles !

And a bit of the Soulfly instrumentals in the same genre from Max Cavalera (the best Brazilian Guitarist ;] )

It’s calm evening for sure :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Well I went from inspiring @onloose with some calm touhou metal to listening to

And the rest of their uncanny valley album, while preparing dinner.

6 Likes

What’s on the menu tonight, chef? :man_cook:

As for myself, I’m hooked on The Expanse with my mom, although she doesn’t seem that enthusiastic about deep space politics… cries in belter

2 Likes

@Fraggles listening to Perturbator. :sunglasses:

The last thing I watched was Poldark, still got tons of it to go through.

Some spoilers

Mr. Poldark is such an idiot sometimes! Infuriates me! He’s got such a sweet wife who is there for him and he’s going after a woman who 1. didn’t wait for him 2. comes between them consistently and 3. is ungrateful. UGH. The most annoying thing about the show though is that its gone so long and they haven’t had success with the mines yet. I can only take so much disappointment and “Oh no, we’re out of money again what are we going to do for the mines?” before I demand to see my characters succeed! :sweat_smile:

Currently listening to synthwave channels on Youtube. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Watched Her Smell…the closest I’ve ever had to a “hero” figure or someone I’ve admired was Cobain and the grunge scene is something that still runs through my soul. This movie, although difficult to recommend, captures some of the memories I have of the era and if the idea of seeing the breakdown of a faded star appeals give it a go…it’s a tad overlong though.

4 Likes

I’ve found a new respect in Zendaya’s acting skills. She’s got a charm on screen actors her age rarely give. :+1:

Also, can’t watch any more Locked up (Vis a Vis) due to Netflix not having it. There are more seasons, too, I think about 3. Now I’ll be stuck wondering forever. :frowning:

3 Likes

@onLooSe

5 Likes

I’ve been reading Black Klansman lately, and it is really an eye opener for the amount of racism that was present in the 1900s. I found this book through the movie adaptation (“Blackkklansman”). The premise of this book is really interesting.

Some people say the writing style is crap, but personally, I think it’s been a pretty good book so far.

Edit #1: Forgot to mention that there is a lot of profanity in the book. If you aren’t comfortable with racial epithets and vulgur language, DO NOT read this book.

3 Likes

Mr. Delenn and I were talking the other night and he said he missed watching Babylon 5 and so did I. We are now on S1E6. :heavy_heart_exclamation: Didn’t realize how much I missed it until we started this rewatch.
I get shivers every time I hear…“all alone, in the night”.

Love the funny quips and the music…Oh, the music…

I found this page too…

7 Likes

Wow I havent thought about Babylon 5 in a long time, may have to start that again sometime. My wife never watched any of these syfy space shows and finally got curious after listening to me talk about them for years. So she started watching Star Trek Voyager recently, which was one of my favorites, and she is hooked. This could be a good one for her to start watching next.

4 Likes

Voyager is my 2nd favourite Trek…Love that Janeway smile :heavy_heart_exclamation:

https://am24.akamaized.net/tms/cnt/uploads/2015/04/Janeway_Coffee.jpg

4 Likes

caught detective pikachu, hellboy and shaft
pikachu had its moments, but sadly overall i found it a bit lacking, somewhat disappointing and felt sorta like a mess

Hellboy i’ve no clue why they thought it needed a reboot, and when done in that way. This too had its moments, if few, but it mostly just felt really cheap, and “wrong” somehow, and in so many places, and a bit halfarsed too… and i’m still confused as to how they made David Harbour appear so small in a bunch of scenes o.0

Shaft on the other hand, was just thoroughly good old entertainment. Corny as hell action, jokes and dialogue. Just perfect. Way less serious than the 2000 movie, which i think was good. Dialing up and playing on its own over the top and ridiculousness really served the low brow cliche 90’s type action comedy very well.
-gold star for Sam Jackson’s profanities hammering home that R rating as usual :ok_hand:

4 Likes