What are you reading, watching and/or listening to?

@Fraggles that album is fantastic, thank you for sharing!

As for me, I’ve been watching Versailles! It’s an outstanding running historical TV show aired on 2015 that narrates the life of Louis XIV (“The Sun King”) and his brother Philippe I Duc d’Orléans and the construction of the magnificent and ever-eternal Palace of Versailles.

The show is especially gripping due to excellent writing, fantastic costumes, shootings on the palace itself, brilliant actors such as George Blagden himself as Louis, loads of intrigue, lying, outdated science, seduction and well, death.

Yesterday my brother came over and we almost managed to finish the entire Season 2. This is a gif (of Philippe and his most famous lover, the Chevalier de Lorraine) that basically represents my brother and I watching it:

source

In one word, if you’re a fan of historical TV shows, you’ll have a blast. However, as it should always be with these things, don’t take it too seriously haha!

Here’s the opening of the TV show as well, by a band I like very much and have recently been listening to, M83:

PS: I think it’s only fair this is the most expensive French TV series ever made. Louis would have had nothing else.

6 Likes

I have recently started black mirror after having been recommended it many times on discord servers and by family members. I really enjoyed season 1 and I love this kind of unsettling show but not exactly horror.

6 Likes

finally got around to see Thor Ragnarok -it did not disappoint!

“I have to get off this planet”

:joy:, i peed a little :joy:

:+1:

5 Likes

Wasn’t in the loop about it but saw that there was a new film out and decided to give it a go. If you like Tennis, and the personalities of the protagonists, then Borg McEnroe is definitely worth a watch. Shia LaBeouf is pretty decent as the petulant American, and Sverrir Gudnason literally becomes Borg. It was definitely better than some tripe I’ve seen.

3 Likes

Not a fan of how they have made Thor into a total frat boy. I’m surprised they haven’t given him khakis and a popped collar yet. :crying_cat_face:

Give me back my Odinson.

6 Likes

I’ve gotten a subscription at a audio book app so I am currently listening to books, muuuch better than reading.

My college recommended ‘Ready player one’ and that book sold me, really liked it. Currently I am listening to ‘Ones and Zeroes’, and it seems ok so far, little the same category as RPO. Have anyone read RPO or have recommendation on similar category? Future dystopian, game, internet ish.

5 Likes

Listening to:

Reading: The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks. I’m a zombie addict!

3 Likes

Is that like wrap around a story or just mentioning things?

2 Likes

The book covers everything you need to know, including how to understand zombie physiology and behavior, the most effective defense tactics and weaponry, ways to outfit your home for a long siege, and how to survive and adapt in any territory or terrain. The author is the son of Mel Brooks so it more of a joke then anything but it’s written so well that it comes across like a real guide to surviving a zombie apocalypse.

2 Likes

I am currently watching Season 2 of The Crown on Netflix. It’s around the time Princess Margaret released that infamous photo where she appeared to have been photograph nude. It’s a nice little series that I can have on while doing other things.

I’m not sure if this also counts but I’m also watching Season 2 of Critical Role - The New Campaign. I don’t D & D but I am a huge fan of the voice actors on the show.

I’m just picked up Patrick Rothfuss’s "The Name of The Wind .

6 Likes

Haven’t heard of this before. I do love tennis… the only question is whether I can I stomach 100-minutes of Shia LaBeouf :thinking:

Thanks for reminding me of this. I really enjoyed the first season and look forward to watching season 2. Maybe I’ll start it tonight.

4 Likes

I thought that too. He was actually fine in this one.

Check earlier in this topic. I read it a few weeks ago. As for recommendations, not quite what you’re looking for, but if you like Sci-fi, and Star Wars, then give the Deathstalker series by Simon R. Green a go.

4 Likes

Trying to finish The Long Earth series (again). Still struggling (again).

Watching reruns of The Professionals. Dated but still wonderful.

Listening to My My My on repeat for a week now!

4 Likes

So We’ve been watching Fairy Tail, the lady of the house is into it but hasn’t seen past season 1 and we just got up to season 2, so nobody knows whats coming. I just started Toriko again since we’re on an anime binge. We’re also following Dragonball Super with mixed feelings.

As far as reading I have a collected works of Lovecraft hardcover sitting somewhere, I just read Pickman’s Model recently. We’re running Bloodborne and both played through Octodad recently, which oddly enough share some tie to Lovecraft now that I think of it…Octodad did have a depiction of Cthulhu…

As far as music goes I’ve been listening to orchestral scores from games, again Bloodborne, Dark Souls, and Shadow of the Colossus…and Katamari. I’ve been giving myself tonal whiplash apparently.

8 Likes

:cry: -i was right,
god this is terrible
didn’t think a new star wars movie/series would make me miss Hayden Christensen’s acting so bad.
Who’the’f* took a Michael Bay script, added some Wite-Out, barfed on it, put it in a blender, and just cobbled pieces together filling out blanks with star, wars, and “lazors”??.. :face_with_head_bandage:
no, just no.
IX burn in hell and die preemptively!

(PS, i watched the last jedi, and didn’t find it appealing, -in case there was doubt)

5 Likes

I’ve just re-watched GTO - Great Teacher Onizuka, the whole serie. Damn, that anime is still funny as hell. Highly recommended.

8 Likes

What did you think of Rogue One? I’ve not seen The Last Jedi after being unimpressed by The Force Awakens.

Personally, Star Wars on screen is dead to me. I’ll always have Timothy Zahn’s books though.

Now that is a great anime.

5 Likes

Give the live actions a try if you haven’t, they’re even better than the anime imo. The 1998 drama is especially good but the 2012 reboot was most definitely worth watching too.

6 Likes

I’m watching calbel

6 Likes

I think both are very good. Been a while, maybe I will try to find it again to watch…

3 Likes