What are you reading, watching and/or listening to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2LTL8KgKv8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST86JM1RPl0

@xist

Neither of them. :open_mouth:

EDIT

There it is.

Luke Cage cancelled.

Ouch.

Jessica Jones next. And I bet with that rather poor season 3 Daredevil, it’ll be cancelled too.

4 Likes

WUT??? You’ve never heard Cannonball???

I love this song…especially the chorus break at 2:24.

https://youtu.be/VectLayQn6k

Also, was just wondering what you hinted at earlier about the reason this was cancelled? I’m yet to watch it (it’s on the list) so I’m clueless.

2 Likes

Currently going through the Kill Bill movies on Netflix… as good as I ever remembered them being. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Rhyagelle love your tracks!

Your Navajo reminded me of this :fire: track, which is one of my favorites from Masego:

He’s one of my favorite active musicians, no joke. He also did a Navajo colab with FKJ:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC8CH0Z3L54

If you like what you hear, I recommend his live stuff

Voice of an angel, talent of a star, style and sick all over the place. :blush:

3 Likes

I wish there was a higher quality of this live performance. Her voice is soooooo good.

Nope! If it ever played here in the U.S, I bet it was rarely over on the western coast.

I don’t know why Luke Cage could be cancelled other than it was boring and spent too much of its time on musical references rather than plot (not even Cottonmouth could save it). Iron Fist S2 suffered from it as did S2 of Jessica Jones, and now, S3 of Daredevil.

However, I suspect the poor reception or viewings of these shows have nothing to do with it at all. I think Netflix is a bit peeved. Why? Because it was known for a while now that Disney (Marvel) would be making its own streaming service (and they said it would be cheaper) so rather than have them take their content back (all Disney and Marvel + other owned content) I suspect Netflix doesn’t want to foot the bills any longer for a show they won’t be having. So…bye bye.

Of course, if that’s a bit too hard to believe, it most likely is poor reception.

@coralinecastell

Trap house jazz is a hard genre to step into and get it right without it falling too far into either jazz or house. Tadow is great! I’ll definitely look more into the artist. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The ending of season 1 of Naruto has one of those songs that I always thought was really good. It is still strange that Naruto is over (will be strange to not see Norio Matsumoto animating badass battle scenes in it) and it’ll be weirder when One Piece finally concludes. :sweat_smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCLBz7D9FSE

Wind by Akeboshi Lyrics

Cultivate your hunger before you idealize.
Motivate your anger to make them all realize.
Climbing the mountain, never coming down.
Break into the contents, never falling down.

My knee is still shaking, like I was twelve,
Sneaking out of the classroom, by the back door.
A man railed at me twice though, but I didn’t care.
Waiting is wasting for people like me.

Don’t try to live so wise.
Don’t cry 'cause you’re so right.
Don’t dry with fakes or fears,
'Cause you will hate yourself in the end.

You say, "Dreams are dreams.
“I ain’t gonna play the fool anymore.”
You say, “'Cause I still got my soul.”

Take your time, baby, your blood needs slowing down.
Breach your soul to reach yourself before you gloom.
Reflection of fear makes shadows of nothing, shadows of nothing.

You still are blind, if you see a winding road,
'Cause there’s always a straight way to the point you see.

'Cause you will hate yourself in the end

(reason I am listening to this? Watching some Naruto before it is removed from Netflix on November 1st. Which is super disappointing!)

Also, time for some music from one of the greatest animated films ever created. Absolutely phenomenal and I’ll fight anyone who says otherwise. :joy:

4 Likes

This. I’ve followed the damn thing for what feels like my entire life… and I still need to catch up on the last 100 episodes or so…

This song is too good, it always gives me those nice shivers. I’m not a fan of Naruto (mostly because of Naruto) but the music is dope.

4 Likes

Thank’s for all those bands. Yeah, people don’t seem to really like dream theater, but I could be wrong since I haven’t really looked into it that much but, people are entitled to their opinions so, I’m not judging. I noticed a decent amount of those bands though that I haven’t listened to in for awhile. Like Meshuggah, Black Dahlia Murder, opeth (although I’ve only listened to one or two songs cuz I’m like that) Testament, which I totally forgot about. I appreciate it!

3 Likes

It depends on what you mean as screamo and same for me because it’s a very vague term. Because I like songs with screaming and growls it just depends on the bands and the style that it’s done in.

3 Likes

I’m watching the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix. Only on episode 1, like it so far, but I really wish these shows would stop with politics, but I guess that’s too much for U.S media. Beyond that though, so far I like it enough. Hopefully it continues on like this.

(also, very confused on what time the show is set in lol)

2 Likes

New season of Castlevania is out, i’m looking forward to gorging it down :blush:

6 Likes

First season was great…much better than I expected so I have high hopes.

4 Likes

Okay, enjoying Sabrina a lot.

some little spoilers

how they make Satan is freaky as hell, and the small little monsters and details are freaky and detailed in a cool way (like how familiars are formed). They really thought through the lore some here.

Plus, Riverdale reference, so at least we know its tied.

I also saw the latest episode of Titans.

Spoilers

Again, weakest link is Starfire, but I feel like it is mostly right now due to her amnesia plotline. It was a poor choice on top of her change in abilities.

Do not get me wrong though. The changes do not reflect on the quality (because damn when Starfire kicked those guys’ ass in the diner it was funny/cool). Even if she’s not the same, its not “bad”. So it’ll probably throw a lot of people off who watched the previous shows or read the comics to see her throwing fire instead of beams etc etc.

Also the reflection of Raven in the mirrors is kind of cool, kind of a deeper representation of her connection to Trigon.

(the secret russian nuclear agent family is also funny, creepy and interesting! lol)

I didn’t know it was out! Oh man, that’s what I’ll watch next. Can’t wait!

2 Likes

The last book I read was Cold Granite by Stuart MacBride. A really good crime thriller about a child murderer in Aberdeen, and I’m definitely get me more of his books with that protagonist. As one of my first English reads (I’m German) I had some problems with the scottish and Aberdonian slang sometimes, but it was fun to figure it out and learn new words :slight_smile:

I started watching season 2 of Westworld, after I really liked Season 1, but I’m just one episode in so far. I hope the series continues as strong as it started.
Apart from that, mostly while doing dishes, eating etc., I’m watching my all-time favorite anime, Detective Conan (or Case Closed for most of you US or UK people, with that version’s weird custom English names and such^^). Of course I recognize its flaws, but it never fails to entertain me, and I still can’t get over how our old kids TV channel used to show these gruesome murders and dark motives at 3 PM, between Pokémon and Sailor Moon :smile:

And I’m listening to Ninja Sex Party’s new album, Cool Patrol all the time right now. I love those guys, and they have some really good and fun songs on their new album. I can only recommend anyone to go to their YouTube channel and check out their music videos for First Date, Orgy for One and Danny Don’t You Know

5 Likes

Recently watched the third season of Daredevil and wanted to write an elaborate, detailed review but as the days gone by I got lazier and lazier, soooo… 8/10 is all I’ve got right now.
Also finished the second half of Walking Dead’s 8th season because I got too lazy to pirate episodes and waited a year or so for it to hit Netflix. Wasn’t disappointed and the finale actually leaves me wanting more which is suprising and refreshing.

5 Likes

Finished Killjoys Season 4…you know what, it’s not actually that bad now. First season and a bit was kind of cheap and nasty, but it’s improved as the storyline has developed, and I like the central trio and the satellite cast. I’m surprised that I’m actually looking forward to Season 5.

Also watched Solo…and it wasn’t that bad? I was expecting awful, but I genuinely found it to be quite entertaining , aside from the L3 shenanigans (comedy droids aren’t funny). Although

Spoiler

The Darth Maul appearance had my timelines spinning - given Kenobi killed him in The Phantom Menace, and the relative ages of Han and Obi-Wan, how can he still be alive in Solo???

Also -

6 Likes

you need to watch the animated star wars shows to fill in those gaps :wink:
but the gap aint that huge, it’s more of an actor appearance that makes it seem that way

5 Likes

Well finished Sabrina. 5/5, especially for having a soundtrack that absolutely fit it in everyone moment. The cliffhanger was too much though. :sweat:

I’ll be starting Castlevania S2 after I’m down rewinding to my music. :grin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNOCzB3NvVs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxz1DuVaRr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy_ArpznZUs

!!!

Recommendation

Please watch Star Wars The Clone Wars. You will find your answers, but not only that, you will have watched an amazing show that is now getting a final season after getting an early cancellation. It is simply amazing and I cannot recommend it enough, especially to Star Wars fans.

Once you are done with TCW, watch Star Wars Rebels too, because it continues the answers beyond TCW. :slight_smile:

*also, generally the Dathomirian Zabraks age far differently than humans.

Summary

But we don’t know what role Maul will be playing in the Solo sequels or other movies, and he had a pretty big impact in Rebels and TCW, but I guess in the big picture compared to Vader he ain’t all that important.

5 Likes

Just started to watch the Castlevania animated series on Netflix, only through one episode so far, but seems promising.

6 Likes

oh yea, totally didn’t mean it like that (besides with that crazy lady at the helm you never know what she might decide or do that rewrites “muh canon” lol),
i meant more in terms of actual “physical” appearance
the “problem” with the solo movie is he looks way older than he really is, he’s a freaking kid there(20ish), and you have a 30yo actor :wink:
And with kenobi too, but Mcggregor was also almost pushing 30 but looked “young” for his character maybe making it seem like “ages ago”

but yea, Star Wars clone wars is an easy recommend if you slightly like star wars, they are really good, and have loads of that gap stuff, and to fill the final parts maybe add in Rebels too, it’s really not that shabby, if maybe it has some bumpy edges here and there :smile:

either way, brief summation, kenobi got like 25 years on solo(16on anakin), anakin is 10 when solo is born around the time of those events. And when you see “him” there is “only” about a 20ish years gap from Episode 1 to Solo i think…

4 Likes