What are you reading, watching and/or listening to?

OMGYESICANTWAIT

I’m probably gonna watch 5 seconds of it and start crying like hell because I get insta-triggered when the topic is ATLA. :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

5 Likes

So far, the newest season of Voltron has been great. Though to be honest, I haven’t disliked a season so far. The only thing I disliked about a couple seasons was that they were incredibly short, but with very short wait times between them I guess I can’t complain. We have one more season to go though…and then another good show is over for good. :sob:

Taking a break from Netflix to get some stuff done (and so I need music!) I found myself needing to listen to Yes, which is probably one of my favorite bands ever (especially for progressive rock). I just love the sound of their work. :kissing_heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPCLFtxpadE

I also found myself strangely loading this up in the playlist. This game is so damn good, and the soundtrack really made the atmosphere all the more immersive. Just listening to it terrifies me.

We need a sequel. I’d pay the big bucks for it.

6 Likes

Give it some time. I remember when first aired Futurama, I’ve heard and felt the same. It’s like moving to a new neighbourhood; you’ll get to know the place and appreciate (or despise) who lives within it.

5 Likes

Currently playing the main title theme of the game “Orwell” on repeat as the tune really sounds satisfying to listen to whilst surfing the internet for some reason :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I come back to listen to this… a lot… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I definitely agree with the notion, that‘s why I‘ve watched 4 episodes, but it didn‘t get any better. If I have to watch another 4 it‘s not worth it to me.

6 Likes

I rediscovered a band that I’ve thought I could never enjoy, but always heard nothing but praise about (for? native speakers please correct me!). Guess that’s why I gave it another go and man, now I love them. Their Flying Microtonal Banana LP is so weird it’s amazing.

If you think that it sounds hella oriental… yeah, it does! But at least wait til 0:55. That’s the part you come back for and then the weird bits grow on you.

4 Likes

Today I feel like EDM/house and all sub genres entirely. Prepare for the epicness of Abakus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb-linnepx8

6 Likes

(double post)

Watching the newest season of Ozark. It’s amazing so far. I absolutely love how Ruth doesn’t take anyone’s garbage and yet she’s not just a predictable all out badass or super softy.

I’m only on episode 3 and I already know I’m going to conclude it with a 5/5.

4 Likes

Finished The Flash Season 4…I’ve read a lot of people really start to dislike the show at this point but I’m still happily watching, and looking forward to the Season 5.

Also watched a few films…American Animals was a really good “based upon a true story” film that relates what happens when some students plan an art heist. Adrift, was another “based upon a true story” that tells the tale of a nautical accident…I wasn’t as entertained by this as some others have been, and would rather get my boat related fix from Redford’s All Is Lost. I’ve also seen Tag, yet another “based upon a true story” film which I enjoyed a darn sight more than I thought I would…much better than Game Night in my opinion.

And I’m still very much undecided on what to make of the new Bring Me The Horizon single -

https://youtu.be/VAXg78MKJcM

Opinions???

3 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t really have an opinion there.

Just wanted to say I am watching ‘Peaky Blinders’ on Netflix. Fairly enjoyable show with surprisingly well balanced cinematography (in my opinion).

3 Likes

That’s on my to-do list. Have you read Adrian Tchaikovsky’s Children of Time? I feel that you may enjoy it.

3 Likes

ON THE LIST IT GOES!

Thanks, I have been looking for a good read to supplement all my really dry science manuscripts.

Also, I recommend HBO’s “Animals” that was an interesting trip.

4 Likes

I‘m not to sure what to make of Bring Me The Horizon. Period. I remember the first EP and the slow descend into the scene that followed.
The last record I liked was Count Your Blessing or something? And that‘s like aaaages ago.
Now every other year I listen to their recent stuff they try to please the masses and do whatever sells best. I don‘t respect them at all as musicians, because they‘re such sellouts. Sorry, not sorry. :full_moon_with_face:

4 Likes

I liked their first album and EP, the second album was ok, and some of the stuff on the third was ok…it would seem they’re opting for a more mainstream appeal these days.

3 Likes

OMG THIS IS AMAZING. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

My dude I got my jam for today while I write my lovely report on my visit to adorable deaf children. This is gonna keep me pumped through it, thanks so much. Btw, what’s your opinion on our boy Aoki?

I may be in love with him.

I went to a show of his, and none of my friends wanted to go with me because they’re idiots. I was all alone, eyes closed, seeing lights flicker through my eyelids, lost among a sea of people I had never seen and would never meet again, feeling the smell of drugs and sweet perfume mixed together in a chaotic blend for the senses, going almost def near the blaring speakers…

One of the best experiences of my life. :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Well, I’ve never heard of Aoki before so I don’t have an opinion on his work, I would need to hear a lot more. My tastes run old school like Astral Projection, Crystal Method etc etc and when it doesn’t, what I get to hear via Youtube channels (so no mainstream hip hop EDM). Strangely enough I do vaguely recall Weird Science but mostly I’m more familiar with some of the artists Aoki has worked for (apparently), like the Israeli duo Infected Mushroom. From what I’ve heard, he’s got a theme similar to Deadmau5.

4 Likes

https://youtu.be/LdyabrdFMC8

5 Likes

What the actual heck? This is incredible. The cinematography. The direction. The music. The choreography. The editing. Even the effin’ fonts… I don’t even right now.

Had never even heard of Kamasi Washington… I guess I have some homework to do. :butterfly:

Thanks so much, m8 :blush:

3 Likes

Chill. :sweat_smile:
You‘re welcome.

3 Likes