What are you reading, watching and/or listening to?

watching netflix’s Lost in Space got me like :man_facepalming: :confounded: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
it’s so frustratingly stupid…
and visually “beautiful” boring af, (+ really love it when scify shows does that “lets put a purple or brown / X filter over eeeverything green” to make a fauna/scenery “alien”)
and just as i thought maybe all hope wasn’t lost for “child”/teen actors these days, this comes along and puts me back to macaulay culkin
the writing, no cringe, at all, truly defies all clichés, you can’t make this stuff up if you tried, well they did, so obviously they are in for like, dozens of awards… :roll_eyes:
such a shame, what a waste of a good robot alien…

… i should have gone for Jessica Jones s2 instead… :persevere: oh well, there’s always tomorrow… no way to rewind the hours wasted this saturday :expressionless:

8 Likes

Not sure why you deleted that post???

Anyway, watched The Commuter last night which is the latest Liam Neeson film. Essentially Neeson has a very particular set of skills and he’s tasked to do something only he can do…spot anything familiar from almost any other Neeson film from the last decade? Suppose it was ok but there didn’t appear to be any logic in the storytelling and it felt somewhat stupid. 5 or 6 out of 10 maybe?

6 Likes

looking rly old?

4 Likes

He’s not that bad…although certainly some of the brawling (65 year old man vs much younger guy on multiple occasions) seemed a little of a stretch. Although that wasn’t the most ridiculous aspect of the story.

4 Likes

With the magic of movies, I’m sure he isn’t, but i recently saw him on Colbert, and he actually looked older than his age.

3 Likes

i just wanted to rant and vent a little :blush:
Lost in Space had me so frustrated i actually started rooting for characters to get killed off, :triumph:
to such a degree almost the only character i could stomach was the freakin “robot”, -a borderline inanimate object :persevere:

i didn’t believe it when it happened, but THIS^, was an actual subplot… :confounded:
fuckin eels… disaster ex machina; “we’ve got eels in our spaceship, -and now we can’t get home” :man_facepalming:

9 Likes

Yo my prediction powers! does this make me the Nostradamus of danish eels?

6 Likes

I approve of negativity…it’s not even that negative…plus from what I’ve read about season two of JJ you may not have employed your time any more constructively. They also made a film about Snakes on a plane, and Star Trek had tribbles…was it that bad in comparison?

I’ve now decided to crack on with Better Call Saul Season 3…

Please, if possible make this a thing. :smile:

6 Likes

just call Samuel Jackson

5 Likes

Watching:
some weeb stuff

Listening
ℒund - (Broken)

dis is 2 gud

5 Likes

Made in Abyss was amazing because it started pretty cute and kind of stupid but then got seriously messed up towards the end, really loved that series and looking forward to season 2.

7 Likes

Galavant on Netflix… Only watched the first episode, definitely going to proceed with the rest, the humor is incredible.

3 Likes

Speaking of weeb stuff, I’m halfway through Devilman: Crybaby

Was not expecting the gratuitous amount of boobs. There’s also been two scenes so far that made me unintentionally lol. I absolutely love the director though, he’s quickly becoming my new favourite living one.

Nice to see an anime that doesn’t look like an anime.

5 Likes

Saw Ready Player One on the cinema couple of days ago. Ok movie (ofc the book is better) but some cool effects.

Did finish reading/listing to Stephen king’s The stand. Ok book, kind of long and nothing mindblowing (if books now can be that? Do you know any?)

Giving Stephen another chance and currently listing to The Dark Tower. First books was very boring but on the second now and is much more interesting.

I tired to listen to Robot Dreams by Isaac Asimow, but did not quite understand or grasp it.

Discovered Black Mirror on Netflix and really liked it. On season 4 now so just couple of episodes left.

5 Likes

Right now, listening to:

I also quite like:

Almost forgot this one:

3 Likes

I’ve always loved the Freak Kitchen mv. It’s so easy to tell what Disney movies he worked on.

2 Likes

:+1: for Osamu Kitajima, especially his old stuff.

Been listening to 2 mellos tribute album to Jet set radio. I would probably have a stronger connection with it, if i had played the game. But it’s still great in it’s own right

:point_up: That’s my fave.

For reading material. I’m still sluggishly going through Ready player one. Not because i dislike it, i’m generally just slow because film & games catch my eye better. With it being a more appealing visual medium.

But yeah, i like it.

Tv (aka Netflix :grin:)
The Bachelor party vegas. I guess somebody will find this funny, but if I have to care about your characters jokes,
then your characters should have great chemistry. So i did not like this, just go watch Euro trip instead.

Netflix’s Violet Evergarden.

Spoilers

I absolutely love it. Which is also THE keyword for the series, love.

This got quite personal, i related with Violet in many ways like, her speaking pattern and her fight with understanding emotions. That eventually built up to me almost audibly sobbing at episode 11. The animation is also consistently gorgeous, that’s a plus.

3 Likes

Finished Devilman: Crybaby (a few days ago actually)
I’ve never experienced anything Devilman before so the ending was not expected, I was actually just expecting the usual good guys win ending.

The animation started to get fairly lazy however, probably to save the budget for the final episode I’m sure but still disappointing to see, especially in a 10 episode anime. One thing that got me kinda confused is a certain french fry haired guy and how there’s another two people that look almost exactly the same. I originally thought they were all the same person. Messed up some later plot elements.

Definitely recommend it however. Just take it with a grain of salt.

2 Likes

Where do you guys stay up to date on new anime? I started watching TV dramas instead and lost track of anime, probably around a year or two ago?

4 Likes

I for the most part follow a bunch of different anime youtubers,(Digibro, Pedantic romantic, the anime man) with varying tastes and backgrounds. Or else i’ll take a look and dig through the mountain of mainstream anime on My anime list. And if i want a totally unbiased and blind try at one then AniChart is a really solid place to go.

Also sidetrack, i saw Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood(of what i assume is all seasons) was on Netflix and wondered. Should i watch that? It’s a massive time commitment, but also seems to be one of the most universally loved animes. :thinking: Probably should.

4 Likes