We Happy Few 91% Off | Indie Gala | 7 Hours Left

Might be shit,might be not. Just sharing info for anyone interested.

https://www.indiegala.com/store/game/we-happy-few/320240?fbclid=IwAR13A3qIJmzNp9e_hhdrjSlQoMo-GmwiJooVTHDE2RVhUL8Q2um7PMQcbIM

Steam Box for reference

8 Likes

nah, this game is actually rly good and thatā€™s an insane deal; had i not watched a complete playthrough on release I wouldā€™ve definitely bought it at this price

5 Likes

itā€™s apparently 90% off other places too

incase someone doesnā€™t ā€œlikeā€ IG (like me :grin:)

5 Likes

why do you not like them? and which store would you recommend?

4 Likes

because from being an actual legit store, itā€™s the only store iā€™ve had problems with (keys not working),
and at some point they started to add hidden fees and currency conversion to checkout, which isnā€™t even allowed in EU afaik, but also pisses me off on ā€œprincipleā€ by not being upright about their prices/ex making itad ā€œuselessā€, and that if it wasnā€™t for something like paypal youā€™d never even know you got ā€œfleecedā€ paying a little extra
so ā€œpoorā€ personal experience, and i dislike their pricing/payment model now :man_shrugging:
-just overall many better options (for me) and iā€™ve not been interested in their bundle offers either, let alone individual game discount enough to reconsider since

and as far as other store recommendation, ā€œanything elseā€,
well maybe not gamergate,
but GmG Wingamestore, even Voidu iā€™ve had less issues with and 0 qualms about, 2games iā€™ve only tried once i tihnk
and ofc Gamebillet, Gamesplanet and Fanatical seem to always be solid too,

6 Likes

Ditto for meā€¦:thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks @DontBeSilly :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

Reminds me the time I had a key not working and they gave me like a key about 5 times before I got a legit working key and in the process I also got a different wrong game for free lol

But to be fair I got the key for free that time I did their quiz thingys and they gave the credit. That was a while back though.

3 Likes

sounds like you had an easier/quicker time getting the key issue sorted, and that even despite being freeā€¦

4 Likes

I also stopped using IG for routine purchases unless thereā€™s a really good deal when I activate the key right away. The ones previously purchased seem to have a high number of duds, it seems that if you have a key thatā€™s unrevealed in their site, it often gets reshuffled into another sale, and if itā€™s used already, you get a generic response of ā€œplease activate your keys right away after your purchase, we cannot guarantee replacement keysā€ if itā€™s outside of a week or two. The ones I have revealed and saved for later seems to be mostly okay, though still had a few duds, but the unrevealed ones, I was getting about 50/50.

5 Likes

Uff thatā€™s a lot of negativity towards IndieGala .

I think i havent bought anything from them so i dont have any ā€˜stakesā€™ in this . Just saw arguably good deal and shared it here. Iā€™m not promoting them or anything.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve only really bought Steam keys from HB, Fanatical and Gamesplanet, but they seem to be solid in terms of responsiveness. I didnā€™t buy anything from IG, but always felt scumminess from them, good to know I was right

4 Likes

Donā€™t worry, we know you are not promoting them, and it was indeed a good deal.

I saw the warnings about IG and wanted to share my experience a little bit in the issues I have had with my keys. Granted, some of my older keys were a bit old, maybe 2 years, but still, when they were not revealed on the site, I just figured that they were safe. It could also be the developers as well, if they take the same batch of keys they gave to IG and then go to sell them elsewhere, hoping that there are some that werenā€™t used, so thereā€™s potential for double dipping there. Though incentives are really low for developers, because itā€™s not like physical copies, they donā€™t cost anything to generate another set of keys.

I did buy some bundles from them that later had games removed from Steam altogether. I think maybe there were some shady developer/publishers in those groups.

As for their good deals with the cracker jack deals, I have never had any problems with those keys when I have made my purchases, just to clarify. Those ones I always buy and activate right away, so thereā€™s no question or concern about it. And IG support is quick to get back if there are any issues with replacement keys if you do try to activate the key shortly after purchase if there are issues.

I cannot blame them entirely for some of the problems they have had. I am going to guess that some of the problems are multi-factorial and them letting some unsavory devs/publishing teams into their bundles have had to do with it. Some of their bundles really just donā€™t contain any good games. I used to buy so many from them, but aside from giving the games away, I did little else with them.

4 Likes

We know :+1:t3: :+1:t3: :+1:t3: Hey, it was a good deal.

3 Likes