Various Konami Games On Sale At Humble Bundle [ENDED]

Not a specific bundle, just noticed a bunch of Konami published games was put on sale like:

The remake of ZoE 2: -50% = 15 Euro (consider getting this if you love mecha anime)
MG Rising: Revengeance: -75% = 5 Euro (definitely getting it later today)
MGS V: Ground Zeroes: -80% = 4 Euro (suggesting this over the main game based on the current price difference)

8 Likes

guessing you didn’t pick up the metal gear bundle where you got the definitive experience for like 4€?

4 Likes

Saw the thread, but nope. Never actually tried a Metal Gear game before(i know, sue me) but Revengeance seems really self centered storywise and therefore easily approachable.

4 Likes

i haven’t played 5 myself yet, but i always got the sense ground zeroes+phantom pain release worked sorta more like they did with MGS 2, where you got a “teaser” demo, in form of the ship, and then later got “the game” to play the oil rig main part
so i was kinda glad to be able to get ground zeroes “included” with the Phantom Pain definitive experience package(but before the bundle tho), because i just had the feeling i didn’t want to pay 4€ for just a “demo” -even if it sorta is a little game in itself.

ofc, can’t say when definitive experience goes for a reasonably sale again, but ground zeroes have had that 4€ price quite frequently, so you probably don’t lose anything if one waits and sees on that, -unless really wanting to play that one “now”

5 Likes

I’m just gonna not say anything for the sake of everyone here.

4 Likes

:thinking: …
image …:question:

:smile:

4 Likes

Yep, pretty much.

4 Likes

well i kinda enjoy when you throw in your different tinted glasses viewpoint, even if not agreeing or necessarily a game that despite that still wouldn’t be for me. Think i mentioned it previously too.
And i also think i recall you and maybe Inferry? ending striking up a conversation about Survive, and stuff like that can be interesting to get in on too.
I even thought Metal Gear Survive was worse than it actually is by way of looking at it, not that it’s something i’d ever pay 20$ bucks for, but did make it seem like some opinions might be a little unnecessarily biased even if the game has some bad, overused, or poorly misplaced elements, -but it wasn’t “all” it was.
Don’t think i’d ever have given Homefront Revolution a chance either, having completely put it in the "nvm and forget"box, not considering that bad stuff might actually get patched and that there could be potentially enjoyable elements “enough” to consider a discounted purchase
I’m still not into survival games and many of their worn out features to where i don’t really think i could enjoy MGS myself. But i no longer think it’s the over-trodden turd it was made out to be.

6 Likes

revengeance is defo a great game for a story introduction, it gets you interested with just enough references to make you wonder what they mean.

then go play MGS3, get yourself a PS2, its the best experience.

complete the game without being seen, ever and get yourself into the EZ gun club.

5 Likes

The last one I truly played thoroughly was Metal Gear Solid from 1998 and I don’t feel like I’m missing anything at all from what I’ve seen of all the other ones beyond MGS2:SoL. You probably aren’t missing anything either.

4 Likes

Revengeance feels very self aware. It’s a hack and slash that completely falls off the deep end of Metal Gear’s relentless and stupid lore with nanomachine augmented cyborg ninjas and Metal Gears shooting laser beams, and when you feel lost, just understand that Metal Gear veterans are probably just as confused as you are. It may have been my first game in the series as well outside of PSP spinoffs, hard to say.

6 Likes

Good boy. Revengeance is just excellent.

3 Likes

Remember way back seeing a clip of some moronic meathead yelling “NANOMACHINES SON!” strait to Raiden’s face, just before slamming him into the floor. That fu#king sold me. You know what’s weird? Over the years I’ve been incessantly listening to the OST, might be on my top 5 game soundtracks, but never even rented or tried the game at a friends place before.

Thanks for all the feedback peeps, might consider the PS2 MGS thing.

3 Likes

Hold on… why MGS3 PS2? Is there anything wrong with HDC? @kylehayman361

I played 2 and 3 on my Xbox 360, and save for a few framerate drops around Volgin, I dont remember the game having any serious issues.

4 Likes

I paid 99p for METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE from cdkeys

Ground Zeroes is also 99 British pennies from the same place

2 Likes

Blergh… konami.

3 Likes

control scheme is fucked, other than that nothing xD

3 Likes

Sounds like a fair reason :laughing:

2 Likes

Is it? It seemed like the controls were pretty typical MGS fashion, at least from what I played on PSP.

The only difference was Peace Walker, where you can pick between shooter controls and classic controls. This was in the original game, except that shooter mode no longer meant using face buttons to aim.

I only know of one downside: you can’t half-press buttons like on a PS2, making getting all dog tags difficult to manage with automatic weapons. HOWEVER, you can click down the left thumbstick for the same effect.

4 Likes

nah there was definitely something that was really off, something with the way the camera works. (as well as the button pressing, yes that was pretty naff, I used the stick click the whole time)
I haven’t played it since it came out, so my memory is far too hazy, but I 100% remember going “eww” out loud haha, it wasn’t game breaking ESPECIALLY if you’ve never played it before, because I’m only comparing it to the original. some, BEAUTIFUL mechanics in MGS3 so I think everyone should play it. (also it makes the best first game because its set the earliest)

4 Likes