Valley 90% off on Steam (Ends Dec 10, 2018)

I mention this because I will probably buy it at this price, plus I have a boatload of friends who have this game wishlisted.

8 Likes

You are either finding them or reviewing themā€¦ STOP IT! My paypal hates youā€¦:exploding_head:

8 Likes

This looks tempting but Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s my kinda game :confused:
But then again 2 bucks wonā€™t hurt?

are you working at Valve Steam? Trying to get us to buy these? :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Even though I wouldnā€™t mind the job, I certainly have no affiliation with the gaming industry in any way other than I enjoy games and I enjoy reviewing themā€¦ :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I saw this on the steam features sales and looked at it for like 20 mins, but since itā€™s such a short game I donā€™t know if itā€™s worth it?
if you do get the game id like to see your review @YQMaoski just to be safe

3 Likes

I am definitely going to buy it, just forgot my phone at home today, and canā€™t make a purchase without the authenticator. So when I get home later after work, I will complete my purchase.

Seeing how the game has more than 3000 reviews, at 90% positive, with a base price of $19.99, I will go on a limb and assume that itā€™s worth the 2 dollars.

But tell you what, I will try to play the game before the sale is up, so you can have an idea of what I think and be able to make a decision on this sale price.

8 Likes

very very very much so, imo :+1:

8 Likes

Iā€™m not 100% sure but I believe @LordAo just gifted me the game and if so

Iā€™m not sure though he apparently hasnā€™t been on steam for 4 hours while the gift was sent close to 10 mins ago, so Iā€™m not sure who gave it to me

7 Likes

I am going to guess it was @LordAo, since he purchased the game for himself moments before you got your gift too.

The Steam online tracker isnā€™t always accurate. And you can still make purchases and gifts etc without being ā€œonlineā€ so to speak, as that only refers to the small side app that lets you chat/play with friends. Plus there are lots of people (myself included) who sits around being invisible a lot of times.

5 Likes

Invisible mode - for when you are ā€œworkingā€ from home :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Long review to follow. I have only played an hour, and I am having such a blast. I know that the gameā€™s supposed to be a bit short overall, but from what I have seen, with the production value, the atmosphere, and the general feel you get while playing. Itā€™s worth every bit of its current sale price. (I am going to play more before I review it, of course.)

3 Likes

yea you guys should totally get it for that price itā€™s really good!

4 Likes

I trusted you on these guys, so I bought it. We will see how good it is xD

3 Likes

@Nateninja21, I see you already played through almost all of the gameā€™s story, so you really didnā€™t need me to convince you to play or not to play this game.

Nevertheless, hereā€™s my review (I will also post it to my review thread another dayā€“sleep now).

This will also act as a bump for when the game is still on sale.

(By the way, I am a fan of the music too, so I purchased the OST after I played a good chunk of the game.)

3 Likes

Since I received it for free I would feel forever guilty if I wasnā€™t even going to play it.

Whoops I Accidentally did a rant

Yes I have almost beat it, but I never will. Because it takes medallions to get into a door and you can find these Medallions in chests hidden around the map, but since I didnā€™t explore every nook and cranny (and also because I throw myself off of every cliff I see) I couldnā€™t find all the chests ergo I didnā€™t get enough keys. So if I wanted to actually beat the game I would either have to massively back track, or just restart all together.
ALSO when I found the door that took the medallions I looked in every nook and cranny twice and I found about 3 or 4 chests none of which had any medallions which I think is just bad game design to have a door that takes a certain amount of items to open it so the player can easily be just a few short so why not hide some of the items around so not to discourage the player :triumph:

I will also be writing a review about it because it really struck me with some great mechanics and gameplay but had some major flaws.

2 Likes

wait what???
uhm, those are optional, you donā€™t need all, nor do you even need to get whatā€™s behind all the doors, you can complete the game without
-and you should get ā€œat leastā€ half through just casual exploration easy
unless you go full collectathon madness you donā€™t need to worry about those, and even then they made sure to put more in the game than you actually ā€œneedā€ for that bonus room, and story is unaffected without

4 Likes

Well your review was way to long to read it all but you had me at ā€˜ā€˜itā€™s a no-brainer at this priceā€™ā€™
So I got a copy

4 Likes

Like Gnuffi said, those locked doors are all optional. I donā€™t know how many medallions there are, but I only had enough to get through the first one there. You should at least finish the main storyā€¦

As for the looking for crates business, I agree itā€™s a bit tedious, but kind of fun jumping/flying in that suit, so I didnā€™t mind. You can always travel to previous chapters too at any point, so thereā€™s no need to restart.

The only reason I am not going in for total competition is because of limited timeā€¦

4 Likes

How? Iā€™ve gone through around 3 acorn doors that all eventually led to this one door that leads to nowhere unless I have the medallions.
But if what you say is true I guess I will beat the game but Iā€™ll still have to back track, unless thereā€™s some entrance I missed on my hunt for chests

4 Likes

The acorn doors and medallion doors are all optional. The only story-related doors are opened by your L.E.A.F. suit at baseline. The doors opened by the medallion I canā€™t speak too much about, other than I opened the first one and thereā€™s at least one more same door inside. But the story progression is to the sideā€¦ not inside that structure.

4 Likes