User tutorial

Thank you so much for asking this. I’ve been wondering about this for ages but didn’t want to ask hehe so have my love and appreciation.

tenor (1)

Also, @discobot mentioned a dark theme. I would really really love it but I can’t find it. Someone, anyone, help?! :butterfly:

7 Likes

I believe colour themes are things the admins would have to enable from their side. Either to set a uniform theme for the whole site or to make a selection available to the users. I do not think they have chosen to do so… yet.

You could of course look up how to create your own CSS style sheets to force onto any site you so desire.

6 Likes

that feature is disabled and it is a bug, that discobot is mentioning it.
this community forum is based on discourse. the admins could activate it if they want to:

7 Likes

Thanks @User123698745 and @Fraggles . Too bad admins haven’t enabled it. I’d be overjoyed with a night theme! But oh well hahaha :slight_smile:

6 Likes

agreed a night theme would be much nicer

6 Likes

Well, NOW I am certifiable and i got a certificate to prove it.

7 Likes

But you are not licensed :sunglasses:

6 Likes

5 Likes

Am now.

This is like going to school for a review… It’s taking up what little game time i have.

8 Likes

@discobot display help

3 Likes

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

2 Likes

@discobot Display help

3 Likes

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

1 Like

@discobot start new user

2 Likes

to do tutorial, and get certified/licensed
message @discobot ← click name, click message top right corner (or click discobots profile icon when encountered and click message, top right corner)
https://206.81.1.216/u/discobot/summary ← click link, message top right corner

then PM/message discobot whatever title
and for “Certified” badge type
@discobot start new user

for licensed badge type:
@discobot start advanced user

all of this and more @discobot will explain to you if you PM/message it with the command @discobot display help (begin tutorial will be the first commands (new/advanced user) it tells you)
discobot interactions after initiating tutorial will be done via PM’s (you should get a green notification icon, in the top right corner of Chrono forum on your profile icon, when discobot replies directly to you)

(aaaaaand i accidentally started the tutorial again by making this post explaining it :man_facepalming:)

5 Likes

I just finished the basic tutorial, won’t do the advanced one right now though.

3 Likes

This is great to know, thanks for sharing. It looks like we probably don’t have access to this because we’ve got some updating to do.

A dark theme is something I’ve looked into in the past and would be willing to support for users that want it once we have the capability. I’ll see where we can fit in a quick update assuming it won’t distract us from too many other priorities :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Awesome :grin::+1:

A very good how to guide on this topic:
Allow users to select dark / light theme

4 Likes

I for once would love dark theme… it’s a lot easier on my eyes especially at night time when I deal with gaming stuff :slight_smile:

Can’t remember the last time I saw twitch or youtube light themes at all…

2 Likes

Thanks!

I’ve gone ahead and setup a base dark theme.

Anyone should now be able to choose between the two via https://206.81.1.216/my/preferences/interface

Feel free to bug me if you notice any glaring issues. I only made a few theme changes from our light theme overrides.

16 Likes