UPDATE: also a Professor Layton Game!!! >Monster Hunter: Stories< Now available on Android and IOS!!!

No IAPs, no ads, full 3DS Game optimised for mobiles and wt improved graphics!

Demo version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.capcom.mhssfen

Pls guys support it so we can have more real games on mobile :speak_no_evil::blush:

Link for IOS is down below in @NICK9X9ā€™s comment!

Prof. Layton: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Level5.LT1REU

5 Likes

Here is for IOS devices as well:

Monster Hunter Stories: $19.99
MHST The Adventure Begins: Free

3 Likes

I can barely play the one on Steam/console, but oh well!

How come? You mean spec/lag wise? Or difficulty? This is more akin to Pokemon than Monster Hunter :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll edit the thread, wasnā€™t sure if it was available for IOS!

2 Likes

Download requires 4GB for what seems to be the demo. I already have just the essentials on my phone and still need to delete 2.3GB, so I guess I wonā€˜t be playing Monster Hunter. :thinking:

1 Like

Demo requires 1.3GB, the full version takes around 3.2GB or soā€¦ (on Android)

Maybe heā€™s on IOS, because there it requires 3.2GB for the demo and 4GB for the full version.

3 Likes

Well I was never a stickler for performance for games like this. If it runs at 30 fps Iā€™m good, so it is mostly the difficulty that gets me. It beats the stuffing out of me all of the time. So I like the game but I find it frustrating enough to not want to play it. :laughing:

What @NICK9X9 said. Iā€˜m on iOS and it says that Monster Hunter Stories Adventure Begins (or whatever - the free one!) takes about 4GB according to the appstore page.

lol all this talk about 4gb reminds me of some years ago when i got a phone
chose the 8gb at the time, because it costed only a tiny bit more than the 4gb version and thought ā€œwoo, double the spaceā€ :ok_man:
then i get home and see the system etc ā€œbasic functionsā€ took almost 4gb, and was like ā€œdafuq, how is the exact same model with the same OS even freakin possible then with just half the storage?!?ā€ :dizzy_face:

anyways, rando out of nowhere off topic thought process over, -carry on :+1: :blush:

5 Likes

Donā€˜t even get me started on the OS taking up most space. Every freakinā€˜ update makes me delete an music album or two. :triumph::triumph::triumph:

3 Likes

Maybe you should get a new phone or a SD card if thatā€™s possible for you. I have 32GB internal + 64GB SD card sooo am cool wt my storage :3

Thatā€˜s one of Appleā€˜s many business schemes. Everything is fixed. You canā€˜t change the battery and drive storage is fixed as well without SD slots, so youā€˜re stuck with what you bought.

And I refuse to get a new phone until my current one, an iPhone 5S, literally breaks or becomes unusable otherwise. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Right, I forgot thatā€¦

anyway, if you donā€™t game and want to switch to Android, get the Moto G5, itā€™s under 100ā‚¬ and has a sd slot AND replacable battery :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

Ok I did it, I bought it, I had to, itā€™s good, I COLLECTED SO MUCH STUFF MWAHAHA
:crazy_face:

Does it have a headphone jack thou? :thinking:

By the way, that ainā€™t the only Prof. Layton game there, although those are spinoffs, not the main series, also, Iā€™m just making my way through the entire DS games again, a shame Iā€™ll never be able to get the downloadable puzzles despite they being on the goddam cartridge already dammit :rage:!!!

1 Like

Yes indeed, itā€™s basically a little budget ā€œflagshipā€ in terms of physical features :sweat_smile:

Ah well, Iā€™m not too well versed in terms of the original Layton as Iā€™ve never played any beforeā€¦am just happy to see full price titles on mobile and it doesnā€™t look bad, does it? :slight_smile:

Monster Hunter: Stories is super optimised for mobile btw, controls are exactly how one would expect them on a touchscreen, graphics are nice nice (could honestly be improved further but oh well) and there are all the things that make Nintendo games so great: attention to detail & quality gameplay
Which is why Iā€™m kinda hyped for Layton as well :grin: