Trapped on a desert island, with a single console and it's entire library - which do you choose?

Also can’t recall the last “intelligent interaction” I’ve had on a console’s network…if any.

1 Like

It’s not your catalog but the entire catalog available for that console, the exercise is to choose a console based on the games you want to play, not the ones you have.

Also, what do you mean by “intelligent interaction”?

i’m gonna presume @GrimtheGilded refers to CoD being cancer on psn or xblive :wink: and many other mp games in general :smirk:

2 Likes

“Souls” the exception that proves the rule?

2 Likes

how is souls “online” any less cancer than CoD? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
:joy:

1 Like

Well, strictly speaking my experience is only with Demon Souls multiplayer, but the fact that you can’t talk to each other is an immediate plus point. Also Old Monk…

“no fear, jump for treasure”

:skull::ghost: :man_facepalming: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

“a pox be upon any souls online connection interaction”

1 Like

The fact that you made me smile just from the memories of those messages goes some way to making those interactions a good thing. Besides if you jumped in the big glowing, smoking hole in that first section more fool you!

1 Like

“fool me once, shame on me, fool me twice shame on you, -fool me 374 times; controller meets wall”

:wink:

few things can make you jaded like souls messages lol

2 Likes

The main thing people wrote in my game of Dark Souls was “Need Humanity.”

And of course there was “Be wary of amazing chest” leading up to:

1 Like

Give me an original N.E.S. and a supply of ramen, point me towards that desert island… :grin:

2 Likes

If you count the PS2’s PS1 compatibility the PS2 would be a serious contender with what I think would be the other obvious choice: Dreamcast.

1 Like

:thinking: If you were to mod the console:

NES, SNES, PSX, GB, GBA, N64 can all be emulated on the XBOX, X360, PS3 and perhaps PS2 (not sure about that one)

There’s also the fact that the original 20 & 60GB PS3 where backward compatible with PS2, you can also install Windows or Linux on that thing and the PS4, it won’t run demanding pc games, but low demanding games may be a possibility.

There’s also the red ring/yellow light of death, so reassurance that the console won’t break down would be a nessessity.

Dealt with this already -

Cheating is forbidden! A console lives or dies by it’s OWN library!

2 Likes

i mean, if we’re allowed a (working) hairdryer on the island we could “sorta” handle YLOD :joy:

but tbh i think “reliability” is part of why i also prefer the older consoles for the island, those fckers were build to last unlike ps3/x360 onwards
“cockroaches and pre 2002 consoles will endure nuclear Armageddon” :smile:

1 Like