The new games are up!

So the new games are up and I wanted to know people’s thoughts does any know of these games, are they any good, etc.

They both look like ****

4 Likes

Cosmochoria looks cute as heck, and over 90% positive reviews (most that look legit) made me not think twice about getting it
when i’ll get around to play it i don’t know, but i’m sure looking forward to it[quote=“queijo1337, post:2, topic:5022, full:true”]
They both look like ****
[/quote]
there truly is no accounting for taste or manners huh? :ghost:

12 Likes

They both look like fun to me. I love TD games, and the one with the naked astronaut looks cute AF. I’m glad I was able to pick up both and not have to choose between the two :smile:

5 Likes

I bought Ancient Planets by mistake ;-; rip

I went and bought Cosmochoria on steam (sorry Chrono), it looked interesting.

Got Cosmochoria as my first test purchase using the coins. Looked decent enough and had Linux support. Doesn’t seem to play well with the Steam Controller unless it is used to emulate keyboard and mouse. Also froze my whole computer after clicking play in the main menu, had to hard reset after a few minutes of waiting. Probably ran out of memory/started swapping like crazy since I had quite a lot of stuff open on the background with only 2 GB of RAM. On my second try I didn’t bother with the controller and actually got to play this time, even if for a few seconds it seemed like the game had frozen again after pressing play. Sadly it ran pretty sluggishly (perhaps 30 FPS or under) on my 1.4 GHz dual core Celeron laptop.

The game starts out pretty slow, but seems to escalate a lot after you terraform a few planets. At that point the game spawned a huge space dragon for me to fight which sent me flying across the galaxy in an effort to get away from it, while at the same time dishing out steady damage with my space-pistol. Seems to have some replayability, even though I didn’t get too far on my first run. Seems quite basic, but has a nice sense of discovery to it. Who knows what awaits further down the road.

4 Likes

:astonished:

1 Like

perfect and crispy, every time :joy_cat:

5 Likes

Fret not, I have other machines too! Like… My HTPC with a… Dual core Celeron…

But it has a burst speed of 2.58 GHz and a whopping 4 GB of RAM! Also a HUGE 20 GB SSD instead of the 16 GB one in my little laptop.

2 Likes

Both games look real good, but not my taste

I don’t think Chrono got a loss…

Nah I know they didn’t lose anything, it just feels kind of rude to ignore a free game only to pay for it instead.

2 Likes

not my taste, I hope Chrono gg restock Reigns and One Finger Death Punch :confused:

Not to make you feel more guilty, but if anything I would apologize for not buying it on Chrono when it was the daily deal 2-weeks ago.

1 Like

Yeah it was even cheaper then, it’s a shame. I don’t look into every daily deal.

Truly a shame

I’ll see myself out

1 Like

Well at least I didn’t miss anything by not having enough coins to buy this turn.
Tower Defense games don’t really interest me (the last one I played was Defender’s Quest a year or two ago on a friend’s PC), and while Cosmochoria looked great at first, when I saw the camera angles go apeshit later in the trailer, I knew I would not have bought it even for 10 coins. The last game that used the camera like that was the first game to actually give me motion sickness(and until then I never believed TotalBiscuit when he mentioned it in his videos).

2 Likes

I never played Left 4 Dead because of motion sickness. Right at the end of the first level I had to lay down on the floor to rally myself. I’ve then uninstalled and refunded the game. Low field of view is a bitch. I’ve also messed around with the viewmodel, but the FOV remains unchanged, it’s pointless. And a shame.

1 Like

Never been a huge tower defense fan but it looks like a solid, thought-out game. the other one looks pretty creative and fun. Both look like they will be sold out within 8 hrs while poor Poop Soup will still be there