The new games are up!

and now to wait for 2 more weeks just to get disappointed again. ._.

if only the daily deals were buyable with coins…

1 Like

I sincerely hope you’re a child if you’re that clueless about business.

1 Like

ouch, my feels. perhaps it is a bit childish. i like the idea of the coins, it has potential. i just wish there was a way to actually spend these coins.

2 Likes

what are you talking about?!? :confounded:
there is a way to “actually spend” it, ON THE GAMES IN THE SHOP! :ghost: lol

what you are looking for is maybe another way to spend the coins? :confused: (for which Chrono have said they are working on it, maybe, and looking into “stuff”)
or you are just dissatisfied with the selection, because you either liked none of the previous games or just these ones. To which all i have to say is; tough noogies! :smile_cat:

don’t complaint about not being able to spend your coins on FREE GAMES, and wanting to be able to “purchase” any and all games you’d like with FREE CURRENCY on anything you want :astonished:
that sir madam, is childish “gimme gimme gimme” attitude, and not “perhaps”.

now, lemme return to my high chair,

or do you have any constructive business proposals?
:joy_cat:

5 Likes

I’ve never had problems with the FoV in games, even though I’m pretty sensitive with motion sickness IRL (depending on the driver, even something as short as a 10km drive to the neighboring town can set it off), which is why I didn’t think it was real when TB talked about it. However, the erratic spinning and shaking of the camera in that game (so in this one too, if the trailer is to be believed) triggered it so bad I had to actually take a half hour nap to get over it.

well the games have lasted a few days, thats nice

Coins/shop games aren’t exactly free. They are provided in exchange for taking a specific action (i.e. visiting the site each day). Chrono isn’t doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. The more they get you to visit the site on a regular basis, the more likely you are to occasionally buy something (which has certainly been the case for me). It’s just a creative form of advertising. Buying Steam keys to attract visitors in hopes of converting them into paying customers is really no different than buying AdWords, etc.

The problem is, if the coin shop doesn’t contain enough desirable games, or doesn’t replenish the games quickly enough, the less incentive users will have to visit the site each day and collect their daily coins. What’s the point in accumulating coins if you have nothing to spend them on? And let’s be honest, the games in the shop have been mostly unremarkable. You can typically get better games in any given Humble Bundle by spending only $1. So, you can see why some users like @fwenny are left feeling like they have earned a worthless currency.

1 Like

i’m not even gonna argue this anymore,
they are FREE, no matter what you think or consider,
by any and all standards they are free, since ANY action “costs” time, and this action is so minute it doesn’t even warrant a mention, other sites “free” game often require much more, (or are much shittier games), at the very least the same time spend looking,
since no one just comes at your door and hand you free stuff, you usually have to go get it

0 problem, only “i want X and i want it at my leisure”

[quote=“DanosaurJr, post:27, topic:5022”]
And let’s be honest, the games in the shop have been mostly unremarkable. You can typically get better games in any given Humble Bundle by spending only $1. [/quote]
Omg would you get your head out of the snowdrift,
“unremarkable” are you kidding or just a gamer with ultra specific tastes or aaa snobbery? there have been PLENTY of amazing games with not only good monetary value but also good “game value”
and since you would actually have to pay even just 1$ on humble that’s completely off the point because those are no longer free, AND you can go weeks before they give you an offer that cater to your specific tastes anyway, cheap or not, doubly invalid point

jezz… people and their “wants” these days, never any satisfaction or appreciation
you guys truly should be ashamed of such perception on things

I will say this 1 more time
Like any half decent game site with good daily offers/deals/changes you should be checking out Chrono daily regardless of coins or not
meaning, you technically don’t even lose out on coming, you get rewarded for doing something you already were/should in the first place
(yes i’m aware ofc at its root it’s a marketing thing),
do you not check other sites/game deals on a regular basis anyway?, of which Chrono is one,
or you only check out free stuff/sites/coupons and never look for games anyway?

rant;
i don’t give a rats arse about social media/sports, so i never check that,
i like games so i check that, since certain game related stuff has weekly or even daily changes/variables and i “care” about games, i spend my 10-30secs checking out games daily
other people might check clothes, fashion, hardware, cars, social media or sports, news/politics, i check games “stuff”+deals related to the stuff i like,
so either you don’t like games/deals “enough” to bother checking or considering it “worth” your daily seconds
or you’d be that cheap/specific taste/hard pressed for time, that you don’t consider it worthwhile. To which i would feel sorry for any1 that didn’t have 30secs to check out something they might like, or to have such a “specific” palate all their choices dwindle to near nothing.

rant over

TLDR; appreciate FREE stuff when it’s afforded you, despite "personal preferences" or go wait months for that specific golden deal you desire or pay the full price

(PS. when i say “you”, i’m not talking personal/singular/specifics just you/plural/any with possible similar stands, don’t mean to come of sounding “angry” or as a personal attack)

6 Likes

No worries mate, I don’t take it personally :wink: And sorry, in advance, if anything I am about to say triggers any more negative emotions.

If you, or anyone else, want to think the coins and shop games are free, that’s perfectly fine. Having a background in marketing, I tend to see things a bit differently. But, yeah, technically the games are free in that you don’t have to pay actual money for them.

I also didn’t intend to sound ungrateful for Chrono providing gamers the opportunity to purchase select games with virtual currency. It’s a great way to reward those who check-in on a regular basis.

I am by no means a snobby AAA gamer. 95% of the ~150 games in my Steam library are indie games - i.e. the kind of games typically found on Chrono.

Aside from the Poop game, I have not been critical of the coin shop games. There were a number of good games released, which I praised in other topics. However, I stand by my assertion that the Coin Shop games, overall, have been underwhelming - free or not free. Granted, they aren’t BundleStars level sh*t, but come on… even some of the better games, like DustForce and One Finger Death Punch, I owned back on the Xbox 360. How many years ago was that?

Though I am not personally complaining, I can totally understand why some users feel they have nothing worthwhile to spend their coins on, whether it’s due to the games not suiting their fancy or the quick sellouts. It seems to be a constant complaint around here (and, yes, I know Chrono is working on it). I can also understand why you and other longtime users may be tired of people whining about the Coin Shop and the perceived ingratitude.

I’ve been receiving the Daily Deal newsletters since Total Biscuit announced his partnership. I’ve opened and read every single email. But it’s no coincidence that my actual visits to Chrono.gg and purchases have increased exponentially since the launch of the coin shop.

TLDR; :heart:

5 Likes