The Mythical/Fantasy Creature, Pet, or Friend Giveaway-Closed!

For me it would have to be a hellhound. I assume they would be very loving and extremely loyal to me as their owner, but a complete nightmare to anyone that they’d have to protect me from.

1. Paradise Killer
  2. DIRT 5
  3. Golf With Your Friends
  4. We Need To Go Deeper

Thank you to everyone, you’re all awesome! Good luck. :grinning:

6 Likes

Wow, that was a question that really threw me for a loop there. There are a lot of implications about having a pet or being a friend with someone out of this world. And it sort of does not feel fair to kinda… force friendship onto someone who may not even like me :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Being able to have some sentient creature as a pet was weird as well :slight_smile:

But discarding all this serious / ethical stuff here are some ideas I entertained:

• Personal demon from ‘His dark materials’ books - seems like it would help me to understand myself better + it’s a friend that you can always rely on, no matter what. On the other hand I have no idea what form it would take and since rules state that we have to be always together it may prove super inconvenient.
  • Ghostwheel from the chronicles of Amber - it’s a bit on the overpowered side since it can get anything + provide instant transportation but this seems like quite one-sided relationship and thus it does not feel right :expressionless:

So, after careful consideration I decided that I chose a talking bird from the ‘Mystery of the third planet’ (that’s an old soviet book / animation). It’s a low maintenance pet that can take care of itself and it’s still pretty cool. For those interested here are links to the animation with subtitles or fully dubbed. Though dubbed version is pretty different in tone and I have no idea if it’s any good.

Oh, and the giveaway =)
I’d like to enter for

1. Golf With Your Friends
  2. Paradise Killer
  3. We Need To Go Deeper

Good luck to everyone :wink:

7 Likes

Pretty sure any would-be burglars will still be caught off-guard when they see a three-headed creature running towards them. :wink:

Also, being small and taking up less real estate is more practical. I like my house and furniture to stay intact during playtime.

Of course, if it could do something like this when the need arises, that would be cool too!

5 Likes

Looks like you got this! I bow to the Cerberus Whisperer - may all your burglars suffer the fate of that sorry trapper. :raised_hands:

4 Likes

I think Sning from the Incarnations of Immortality novel series would be an excellent companion. Couldn’t find an actual picture, but it’s a snake ring, so not too hard to imagine.

As for the games:

1. The Surge 2
  2. Paradise Killer
  3. Super 3-D Noah’s Ark
  4. Until I Have You
  5. Encodya
  6. Golf With Your Friends
  7. Overruled!
  8. The Last Door - Collector’s Edition

Thanks for the opportunity and the interesting question. And thanks to everyone else as well for their great answers!

7 Likes

i arrive late sorry problems with mi pc ajjaja oh this is avaible ?

4 Likes

If I were to gain access to a mythological creature I think something of utility would be the way to go. I’d look for something like Särimnir, the pig that would be slaughtered, eaten and resurrected each day to feed everyone in Valhalla. Free pork chops forever!

Or maybe Heidrun, the goat living on top of the great hall who produces “sufficient” amounts of mead every day.

My slightly less lofty desires for games would be the following.

1. The surge 2
  2. V-Rally 4
  3. The Last Door - Collector’s Edition

Thank you to everyone contributing to the giveaway.

10 Likes

ok my choices are: 1 guns gore cannoli
2-sistem shock enchanced edition
3-two worlds epic edition
4-super 3-d noah ark

thanks for make this everyone :slight_smile:

my answer cerberus because i like dogs a8a105117e990cc75524489f771c9ca0.jpg (1108×1600) (pinimg.com)

5 Likes

I guess RL got in the way. Closing now.

8 Likes

I won Encodya (on GOG), and the key worked fine. Many thanks to @hivefleetbothan, and thank you @delenn13 very much for your time in administering the giveaway! :sparkles: :dizzy: :sparkles:

7 Likes

thanks for make this thanks @delenn13 for do this :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Congratulations to the winners, and I hope you enjoy your games. :+1:

Also thanks for the birthday gifts. :cake:

8 Likes

Yay! Thanks @delenn13 for organizing the giveaway and @sewcraftyme for the games! :fireworks: :firecracker: :sparkler: :sparkles: :tada: :confetti_ball:

9 Likes

Yahoo! :tada:
Congrats to other winners and big thanks to organizer and sponsors =)

9 Likes

A big thanks to everyone involved again :slight_smile:

9 Likes

My thanks to @sewcraftyme for the key and @delenn13 for organizing this!

7 Likes

I win^^ Once again, thank you - to all the benefactors, and especially to @persistnt - for the thickest, most pronounced and luscious pixels seen since the '70s <3

7 Likes

HUGE thanks to everyone who contributed to the GA and congrats to the other winners

6 Likes

All the games are claimed and another giveaway is history. Thanks to the donors( @persistnt , @sewcraftyme, @carvalho20ptc, @DontBeSilly, @spinoute and @hivefleetbothan) and participants. Some of those pics are wild. I always learn something.

Till the next time…

11 Likes