That old dos game i can't remember

In addition to Enki’s questions, is it pixel graphics or polygons? Any cut-scenes that you can remember? Is it a side-scroller with a top-down view? Turn based or free roaming? Any mechs like gundam or mechs like battletech?

So far, we have.

Graphics: More 2D than 3D.
POV: Bird’s eye top-down view.
Game mechanic: Exit mech and enter enemy mech.
Enemy appearance: Green Multi-legged mech. Different mechs were different colors to distinguish their abilities.
Level 1: Egyptian related, Defeat enemy mech as human.
Final level: Escape exploding base with timer.

I don’t want to toot my own horn. But I was big into mech games in the 90s. Though I was poor so I didn’t play a lot of them. But I might have encountered your game.

6 Likes

Im pretty shure i played on Windows XP when i had like 5-6 years old, im from 97, so It should be 2004 year when i play It, i know its not an old year at all but the games i played on my pc were, i remember playing a lot of DOS games, wich all were on a single directory, played the classics FPS like Doom, shadow warrior , heretic, and clasic RTS like Starcraft, Also had an SNES emulator.
It wasnt a side scroller, It was a top down with diferent height superficies, wich you acces with things like ramps and elevators, i would say that the scenarios werent wide at all.

4 Likes

It think It was píxeled, no cut scenes at all, i dont remember any, and i think i would, It wasnt a side scroller, It was a top down with diferent height superficies, wich you acces with things like ramps and elevators, i would say that the scenarios werent wide at all.(copyed from the other reply).
It was free roam Game, a clasic top down shooter.
Mechs werent like gundam or batteltech, the were kinda like spiders, robotic spiders with diferent colours, i really hate not remembering any more details, i was too Young xD, another detail i remember is that in order to continúe to the Next scenario you got at least to kill all enemy mechs

4 Likes

Early 2000’s, windows xp probably. 3D Space shooter with hovering spaceships and a pretty advanced weapons system with locking missiles and such. I have an image in my head of what it looks like but don’t have much details to go off of so I’ll never find it.

6 Likes

Draw that image?

3 Likes

When I get some free time maybe I could draw something, until then, I found a top down shooter Wich has a map design pretty similar to some map of the game I’m searching , that game is bloodmasters from 2007, I found the game searching on google for “top down shooter” games

3 Likes