Temperatures where you are?

7 Likes

When summer started to get hot this year, temps have almost consistently been about 90°F. Today it is 87°F. So…very hot but not as hot as it has been. One day it was 95°F, so hot that my fridge couldn’t even make ice. :sweat:

It was insane. I hate the heat. I would rather live in the coldest reaches of the world than ever live another day in this blasted heat. And I mean it. Curse you heat, curse you. :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

Also, why does the world care so much about what we use? :laughing:

7 Likes

Nearly apocalyptic weather here in Austin, Texas. Good thing everyone here is more or less used to it. Good time for internet and video games. Feeling exhausted yet herbally refreshed. Hopefully the sky will stop falling soon.

:herb: :smile: :city_sunrise: :dark_sunglasses:

8 Likes

The Chrono office feels your pain. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

What I hear when people use Fahrenheit

Who didn’t see this coming?

8 Likes

That’s all i’ve to say

#suffering #DOOMnottheguy #agony #heat #itwassupposedtobewinter #WISHYOUWEREHEREWINTER

12 Likes
10 Likes

It’s about 91 degrees Fahrenheit right now, and it’s supposed to get around 96 this weekend.

I’ve accustomed myself to the usually cooler North-Western temperatures, and if it weren’t for A/C I’d probably be a puddle :sweat:

8 Likes

91 - 28 is… 63 … divided by 2 is… 31.5ºC

Ok, gotcha. T’is hot. :sunny:

This post was sponsored by @Agetime’s Terrible Physics Teacher™.

9 Likes

refrigerante%20lohan%20gif

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

9 Likes

For those struggling with the heat, read this list and pick the option that works best for you.

8 Likes

This article does not appear to hold any particular information regarding how to acclimatise ones self. Just seem to say that humans are able to and that people who live in extreme warm or cold adapt to doing so, which I’m sure everyone found hugely surprising.

I’d like to know how someone who is very well adapted to handle cold weather is supposed to manage the heat. Sure it might ‘only’ be just over 30C here but that’s ~35 too many Cs for my liking.

9 Likes

I’ve been to Tozeur at the end of November. I’ve travelled across the Sahara desert in three days and I’ve also slept in a tent in the middle of the desert.
During the day it was a dry and windy 30C, I was wearing a wool sweater and felt great. During the night temps were down to almost 0C, the sand was ice cold and I thought I was about to die of hypothermia inside my tent made of paper.
I had never experienced such a wild thermal swing before.
At the end of the third day I was back at home, with snowy weather and 0C. My thermoregulathingy was really confused…

8 Likes

It is so hot here my PC melted.

So I thought, ah well back to the old X360
And it melted.

So I then thought, ah well, back to PS3 for a while.

And it melted in my hand.

Perhaps I should stop turning these things into ovens…

And play games on them from time to time.
13 Likes

For the past few weeks the temperature hasn’t actually gotten that high where I am, in the north west of England on the coast as well. It’s been around 25-27C. The hottest it got was 33C :sunglasses::sunglasses: a couple of weeks ago.

The worst part is I work in a multi-story car park and it gets horribly hot even at 25C, especially when its busy because of all the hot car engines that come in.

5 Likes

Accurate use of the technical term.

True, unfortunately most of the ways to ‘beat the heat’ are passive biological processes (if they aren’t cultural ones) you can’t really trigger acclamation actively (no matter what some may claim)… That is sort of what I was hinting at I guess. As someone who is well acclimated to both cold and heat, I have always just sort of been ok.

6 Likes