{Suggestion} A Few Good Games To Try For

I recommend these games just because in my opinion they are great games that are fun to play.

Shadowrun Returns/Dragonfall/Hong Kong - I recommend trying to get the triple pack. I have even seen the original returns like 90% off before so it shouldn’t be to hard. Hong Kong is the newest but getting the collection so you can go through the story is just great.

Planetary Annihilation Titans - Titans is like the new version of PA and they have really improved it since their first release. The original Pa can be bought for like $1 though which is why i suggest titans.

Starpoint Gemini 2 - They recently had a big sale because they wanted to promote their new one coming on early access and it is a great space sim in my opinion.

Stardew Valley - Its a simple game that I personally loved it and they sold like a million copies of it with no sale so if you could manage to get that i bet it would sell well.

Space Pirates And Zombies - Its an awesome little game that was really fun to play. They are making spaz 2 and it should be out this year so im sure they would welcome you guys helping promote their games.

Recettear: An Item Shops Tale - Is a great game where you run an item shop and also farm for materials to make things in a kind of miniish dungeon. I loved it and as far as i know so has everyone i know who has ever played it.

Anomaly Collection - Its a kind of tower defense game that looks amazing and is fun to play. It also takes on a new way of looking at things and i really loved it. Anomaly warzone earths trailer was the reason i bought the first and once i finished it i bought every other one they made.

Kingdom Rush - Fun tower defense game but its not to hard to find a good sale on it since its been out a long time.

Dont Starve Collection - They are really fun survival games and i recommend trying for it if possible.

Sid Meiers Civilization 5 Collection - Its not hard finding the entire collection on sale for 75% off on something like the winter sale but i do recommend it.

Infested Planet - Its a kind of swarm rpg game with buildings if that makes sense. I really loved it when i bought it and i wasn’t expecting it to be one of my favorite games ever.

Strike Suit Infinity/Zero - Its a space sim game that looks amazing and is fun. I absolutely loved the soundtrack of it to and its rare that i like a soundtrack enough to buy it.

Xcom Enemy Unknown Complete Pack - Its a great game and with #2 being out i think getting the complete pack with all the dlcs wouldn’t be hard.

Wasteland 2 - Its more fallout then fallout is. Its like the old 1 & 2 fallout games but with a much bigger world in my opinion. The dev is always trying to improve it and add even more stuff for free to.

Transistor - It was an amazing game in both the game and the soundtrack and the art. To date it is the best soundtrack i have ever heard and i made sure i bought it. It even comes with 2 versions where she hums on every song and one where she doesn’t.

Darkest Dungeon - While still newish is a great although very hard game. I recommend trying for it in the future.

Banner Saga - Really good game with a nice art and in my opinion i really interest world lore. Since the second will be out soon i think it might be a nice one to try.

Banished - Its a cool kinda sim city type game only if you were villagers starting from nothing to make a town and such. I loved it myself. I think he is working on a second so it might be a nice one to try for.

Deponia Collection - I loved the art and story in it and watching everything unfold personally.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - This is the most awesome badass game you will ever play. I really recommend this.

Europa Universalis 4 - It is the most complex and fun grand strategy game i have ever played. It has 41 dlcs and is just an amazing game. I think once a year it has a collection that has all but the last 2 or 3 expansions and their dlcs 75% off but even then it is expensive. I think it would be a great one to try to do.

Thats all i can think of atm and yes i have no life >.> think i spent an hour or 2 thinking this up lol.

6 Likes

Holy crap, that’s a lot of suggestions!

A bunch of these we’re definitely trying for, but I’ve added a few to our List™ due to your suggestion. AAA games are a harder nut to crack, but we’ll get there some day. :slight_smile:

Oh, and The Banner Saga was our second sale ever!

Awesome.

Hope it all goes well :smiley:

2 Likes

Didn’t notice the ninja edit.

2 Likes

I think the OP has played most, if not all, of the games above, since he/she clearly enjoyed them and that’s why he/she can recommend them in the first place.
Btw, great list! I agree with most of your recommendations, and would love to see the games on Chrono.gg, especially the ones I don’t already have :relaxed:

2 Likes

This is super cool. Ty!

I used to many emotes x.x

I seem to have the tendency here to only type like 75% of what i mean to say so i have to correct or rewrite every single thing i post lmao.

2 Likes

They are my personal favorites that i played through and completed.

Took more time then i expected to look through the 300ish games i have bought and picking what i thought were the best of the best though lol.

2 Likes

Transistor is awesome! In every respect a unique game (and I am eager for Pyre, now that it is announced, too). Yes, the soundtrack is awesome and easily listenable outside of the game. Carried it with me for quite a while.

Nice collection, btw. Haven’t played many games of the rest, but they seem like really good titles.

Oh, and nothing wrong with making lists. It’s fun. :wink:

2 Likes

I loved Bastion, but haven’t played Transistor yet. Also looking forward to Pyre, it looks beautiful!

1 Like

These are awesome suggestions - will do what we can!

The shadowrun games are great, some of my favourite games of recent years.The first two work surprisingly well on mobile too.

2 Likes

If you guys (and/or gals) are still taking suggestions/recommendations for future sales, then I’d recommend trying to get “Masquerade: The Baubles of Doom”. It looks like a pretty basic beat 'em up, but the art style and story seem to be its main selling point. I’m hesitant to pay full price though because I fear it’ll get repetitive way too quickly. So yeah, if you could add this to the “List” (whatever the “List” may be) that would be pretty cool.

2 Likes

My suggestions will be mostly indie games just out of convenience to Chrono that were typically award-winning GOTY contenders for their category. They are a mixture of owned/wanted games:

• Mini Metro - newish (November 2015) strategy/simulation puzzle game that I saw at PAX. Was a finalist for Best Debut @ BAFTA Game Awards 2016. Also GDCA 2016 honourable mention for Best Debut and a bunch of IGF 2016 awards.
  • Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes - Co-op puzzle party game. Funny as hell to watch on Twitch or play with friends, won multiple awards ranging from Most Innovative 2015, Best Social Experience 2015, to Gamer’s Voice 2015.
  • Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime - Local co-op action simulation party game. 11+ indie awards including Best Gameplay from Big Festival, bring a friend to throw keyboards with you.
  • Six Sides of the World - Casual puzzle game. New (January 2016) and under-appreciated chill game.
  • SPAZ (Space Pirates and Zombies) - An amazing space game with the sequel coming out this year, I accidentally missed the $1.99 (80% off) sale last year. :sob:
  • HELLDIVERS - co-op action twin stick shooter…think top-down Diablo.
  • Kerbal Space Program - hilarious sandbox physics simulator that I only suggest so the last 3 people that don’t own it hurry up and buy it. No excuse! Best game to come out of Early Access on Steam!
  • Grim Dawn - new action-RPG with a ton of loot. Colorful, fun, Diablo 2 for 2016.
  • Age of Wonders III Deluxe Edition - turn-based strategy set in a fantasy world. For those that need a break from Civ 5. :smiley:
  • The Talos Principle and Road to Gehenna expansion - sci-fi puzzle games that want to mess with your head. A lot. Best of 2014, Best Puzzle Game 2014, Best PC Game of 2014 from PC Gamer, tons of awards from everybody.
  • Darkest Dungeon - an Early Access success story that became one of the best turn-based roguelite dark RPGs. Won or nominated for major awards from SXSW, PAX, IGF, and more, will be remembered as one of the best 2016 games.
  • Renowned Explorers: International Society - turn-based strategy adventure RPG from the developers of Reus (another amazing game!)…talk to Abbey Games, see if you can grab both of their titles!
  • Massive Chalice - Having already negotiated Broken Age onto Chrono (great job!), consider picking up another Double Fine game that plops XCOM-style gameplay into a fantasy world with a unique aesthetic.
  • RAGE and The Scorchers add-on - post-apoc FPS with deep story and 20-45 hour campaign. Even though its a AAA title, this underrated 2011 game frequently discounts to $4.99 making this a viable candidate for Chrono. Won awards all over from IGN, Game Critics, and at E3.
  • Plague, Inc. - casual addictive death simulator. Should be a controlled substance, I can’t shake my addiction to this game! Played 1000s (not 100s, 1000s!) of hours on tablet, phone, on a toilet, in a warzone, while flying, etc.
  • Windward - Pirate adventure sandbox! Buried treasure! Beautiful top-down indie approach with surprisingly busy multiplayer servers available (not required, but fun).
  • Skulls of the Shogun - turn-based strategy award winner that was featured in Steam’s Link/Controller trailer and is fully compatible with either keyboard/mouse or controller. Missed a $2.99 sale last October
  • Kingdom - possibly the only pixel graphics game I’ll recommend (besides FTL!), this strategy survival game has surprisingly good art for being pixel-based, and great music. A solid Early Access hit.

still in Early Access:

• Block’hood - Early Access city builder simulation. Actually, much smaller focus, more block-sized (hence its name). Very unique with great updates!
  • RWBY: Grimm Eclipse - Early Access anime action hack’n’slash based on the hit series. 4 person co-op, going to be one of my favorite party games with friends in the living room.
  • Turmoil - Early Access simulation management game with an Old West oil prospector theme. Pretty chill for a game based on the oil “rush”.
4 Likes

I also would love to see CrossCode get a daily deal on here.

Steam URL to game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/368340/

Their website: CrossCode

Contact us page: CrossCode

2 Likes

I would love to see Ziggurat, ShellShock Live*, Deadbolt or Reflex* on a daily deal.

(*Early -Access)

1 Like

Great suggestions! You should be quite happy fairly soon. :wink:

1 Like