Still Searching #2 - Round #8

@Luxen Q. Can you find it in a car?

2 Likes

That wasn’t the emote I had in mind, but you’re more than welcome to follow that trail of thought, haha.
I wonder if there’s anyone close enough to figuring it out atm.

No, you can’t find it in a car.

3 Likes

@Luxen

Q: Is it used for hygiene?

3 Likes

No, it isn’t used for hygiene at all.

3 Likes

It’s already been a bit over a day since the last question was asked, so here’s another quick update to the recap post:

• It isn’t food.
  • It isn’t a trumpet.
  • It can be man made and natural.
  • A single production of it is smaller than 1 cubic meter.
  • An entire day’s worth of it is usually equal or larger than 1 cubic meter.
  • Depending on where it’s stored, it will always be smaller or larger than 1 cubic meter.
  • It isn’t related to stones/rocks, but minerals are used as an ingredient in its production.
  • It isn’t jewelry.
  • You can’t find it in a car.
  • It isn’t used for hygiene at all.

Incorrect guesses:

• Trumpet
4 Likes

I had nowhere to even pose a question, because the line of reasoning is so odd.

EDIT:
Nevermind, stupid question, please ignore.

2 Likes

It’s fine. I have no idea what your original question might have been since I didn’t get to see it before the edit, but I’m sure that you’ll be able to think of something that will be really helpful to you and the other current players.

With the current hints, it’s technically possible to reach out a bit further and grab hold of a question that will, at the very least, narrow it down to a single category of related things to guess.

4 Likes

@Luxen GUESS: cement

3 Likes

What a nice surprise it is to see you throw your hat into the game. :wink:
Unfortunately, your guess is incorrect.
I do like how you thought of something that’s soft enough to shape at one point from all the current hints though.

Feel free to ask your question whenever you’re ready. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

At least it’s off the list now:D

I have a feeling that the answers you’ve given so far should already allow us to arrive at the right answer, but my imagination and knowledge are failing me here.
Plus I can’t figure out what the emoticon could be.

If anyone has an idea for a question, hit me up, so I can ask it.
I want to know this thing:D

3 Likes

It’s not that hard of an emoji to find, haha.
Maybe it’s time for some hints regarding those, if people want to go that route that is.
The emoji hunt is completely optional and not required to find the correct MW.
If you feel the need to jog your mind, feel free to give it a shot.

P.S. This isn’t part of the two fun facts that will be revealed at the end.

• The emoji that I was thinking of can be found next to one that shares a single [blank] with it.
  • This emoji can be used alongside two others to [insert long blank].
  • One of these other emoji has [blank] variants.
  • There’s an optional fourth emoji with [blank] variants that can be paired up with the former 3.
  • Technically, you can fulfill the emoji hint requirements by only using two of the four emojis.
2 Likes

@Luxen, Question: Is this thing a solid?

3 Likes

Yes, it can be solid.
It can also be produced and stored as liquid, slurry, and semisolid.

3 Likes

So it is then, just as M00 has prophesized.
Not in Still Searching, but to the letter xD

4 Likes

All that’s left is for someone to either ask 1 very specific question and/or guess the correct MW. xD"
I suppose a 3rd fun fact will be added to the final reveal (which I found after looking up that info).

Here’s a quick update to the recap post:

• It isn’t food.
  • It isn’t a trumpet.
  • It can be man made and natural.
  • Depending on where it’s stored, it will always be smaller or larger than 1 cubic meter.
  • It isn’t related to stones/rocks, but minerals are used as an ingredient in its production.
  • It isn’t jewelry.
  • You can’t find it in a car.
  • It isn’t used for hygiene at all.
  • It can be produced and stored as a solid, semisolid, liquid, and slurry.

Incorrect guesses:

• Trumpet
  • Cement
3 Likes

Right, so my guess.

• is not typically food (a certain beetle may use it though)

• man-made and natural

• a single production is smaller than 1 m^3.

• an entire days worth as counted by all sources is greater than 1 m^3.

• depending on if it’s stored in a tank, clarifier, or out in the open will change it size.

• minerals are an ingredient, like iron and calcium.

• not jewelry unless you are a medieval peasant.

• you don’t want to find it in your car

• not used for hygiene (I feel like there is an animal that does though-could be wrong)

• produced and stored in all but gaseous state. Examples include: cow pies, solid logs. Diarrhea, a night after Mexican food, etc.

My guess, @Luxen, is manure.

6 Likes

https://www.rpgfan.com/pics/harvestmoon-owl/art-001.jpg

Congrats @Pylinaer , you’ve found the Mystery Word! Now we can finally flush it down a giant toilet and use a tank of febreeze to get rid of the smell.

The power went out at my home about an hour ago (I’m currently typing this from my phone) and has yet to return. I’ll try to get the encryption info file from my laptop and will edit this post with it (along with the the fun fact reveals and question breakdowns) as soon as I can.

Mystery Word: Manure
Algorithm: Twofish
Mode: CFB (cipher feedback)
Key: dq3q2y7r8-023iedjh
Encrypted Mystery Word: 1l+kZuC6opkDTiyjE/AdY6+awPxNjA==

It doesn’t seem like I can paste stuff on the mobile version of the site (will check if it’s still the same when requesting the browser to load the desktop version), so I had to carefully type all of that in myself.

Fun Fact Reveal

• As some people eventually found out, M00’s toilet prophecies (and by relation themselves: their name and profile picture to be exact) were a hint to the MW’s true nature.
  • There was an untintentional anagram that included the mystery word in the recap answer to the 3rd question: It can be man made and natural = Man can bite manure nad and lute
  • Google’s definition for the word slurry contains the MW.

The Great Emoji Hunt’s Answer

1. The emoji I was thinking of was :nauseated_face:, which sits next to :face_vomiting: (they share a single color, green).
  2. The two emojis that could be paired with it to narrow down the mystery word were :cow::poop:
  3. The cow emoji has two variants: :cow::cow2:
  4. The 4th/optional emoji that could be paired with all 3 of them was the farmer, which has two variants: :woman_farmer::man_farmer:
  5. The 2 emoji that could be paired together and still fulfill the hint requirements were: :man_farmer::poop:

Question Breakdown

Is it food?

No, it isn’t food at all. That would be extremely disgusting. While it may be argued that certain animals, such as a dung beetle, would eat the stuff… this isn’t something that humans would eat.

Is it man made?

Manure can be either man made or natural. Animal feces are often what makes up most of the manure’s composition; compost (ie. Leaves, etc) are sometimes mixed in as well for additional nutrients. Artificial components are often used in man made manure.

Is it usually larger than 1 Cubic Meter (1.3 CY/ 35.3 CF/ Approx 2.6 bathtubs - thanks MS Calc)?

There’s no additional details that I can add without mentioning any gross details as stated on the sites where I found this info (which you can probably imagine) and I’d rather refrain from doing so.

Here’s the info that I included in my original response:

Is it related to stones/rocks?

It isn’t related to stones/rocks, but minerals are usually added as an ingredient to increase the nutrients that the soil will receive when the manure is used on it.

Is it some kind of jewelry?

No, it isn’t jewelry.

It would be really disgusting if it could be used as such. Haha… :nauseated_face: It hasn’t stopped people from selling items made from animal feces though…

Can you find it in a car?

No, you can’t find it in a car and you wouldn’t want to either. Most kinds of manure have a strong other that’s hard to get rid off and would most likely never come off from your car’s interior. You may as well just send the thing to the dump and wreck/burn it to put it out of its misery.

Is it used for hygiene?

No, it isn’t used for hygiene at all. At least, human hygiene that is. If you’re a vulture though, then you’ll probably use it to cool off and disinfect yourself.

Is this thing a solid?

Manure is both produced and stored in any of the following states: solid, semisolid, liquid, and flurry (semiliquid).

7 Likes

That’s a very interesting form of manure.

As for the hosting, I’m going to nominate @Fraggles for 3 reasons.

1. There are currently no games I don’t own that I could be interested in in the pot.
  2. I think Frags deserves a second shot.
  3. Discobot told me to. (I rolled 2 d7s and 3 was the first roll, coinciding with his candidate number)
6 Likes

LOL I didn’t even notice. Thanks for pointing that out. I had the info for the previous round at the beginning of my file, so I must have mixed that specific part up while I was manually typing it out.

4 Likes

I like how we care to transport it in trucks separate from those we use to fill up swimming pools, yet we measure it with our bathtubs:D

Once again, a flurry of fun trivia from @Luxen. I might need a while to consume it all:F
(Check your inbox for the keys)

@Pylinaer, thank you for the visuals:D
One cannot defy the discobot. The next round can proceed as indicated.

4 Likes