Still Searching #1 - Round #10

No it’s not

3 Likes

@PeteMcc I can’t seem to come up with a proper question, so I’ll opt for the photo option instead.
Q: Can it be found in this photo?

6 Likes

No, I see you maybe looked up Australian food, I would be interested to see how many of those you actually know the name of without looking them up. I will say the MW is generic, not specific to a country and most if not all people would know it.

6 Likes

Those things that look like hungry hungry hippo cakes look scary…

5 Likes

They are actually frog cakes, they are a speciality of my state

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I did. While the food may not have been there, it at least answered one question I still had on my mind (ie. if it was from a specific country or not). Off the top of my head, I can name the corn dog. Some of them look similar to things I’ve seen or had over here too, though I wouldn’t be able to put a proper name to them. One looks like an egg roll, oatmeal cookies, granola/cereal bars, a pop-tart, ice cream bar, a brownie, slices of bread slathered in avocado dip, and a slice of bread with vegimite.

I thought they looked more like Otamatones.

5 Likes
  • From top to bottom left to right:
  • Hedgehog slice (solid slice with crushed biscuits)
  • Pavlova (large meringue topped with cream and fruit)
  • Lamington (airy cake with choc outside covered with coconut)
  • Tim Tam (probably Australia’s most famous biscuit)
  • ??? (Actually not sure what that is)
  • I guess smashed avo on toast
  • Golden Gaytime (icecream with chocolate outside covered in honeycomb)
  • Vegemite on toast (that salty spread the people outside of Australia eat a spoonful of and say tastes disgusting, i personally don’t like it but its a polarising thing here)
  • Weetbix (wheat cereal made into bricks basically)
  • Frog Cake (normal cake with frosting to look like frog)
  • Chicko Roll (not really a egg roll, like a bready outside with a vegetable filling, not my favourite, haven’t had one in ages)
  • Cherry Ripe (chocolate bar with cherry, coconut and dark chocolate)
  • Anzac Biscuits (oat cookies generally made with honey or maple syrup and some other stuff)
  • Fairy Bread (bread with butter and hundreds and thousands)
  • Dagwood Dog or Dippy Dog (it is just a Corn Dog though)
  • Fried Dim Sim (no real explanation needed here)
8 Likes

tenor

7 Likes

Nonsense, people who eat a spoonful of Vegemite don’t say nothing.
They die.

5 Likes

The thing is it’s not meant to be eaten like that or in that quantity so of course it’s going to be bad. And yes they probably do, you are right

2 Likes

I thought they turned into Tito and had their sandwich stolen by a kiwi bird time and time again.

Even then, I probably wouldn’t want to try it at all.

3 Likes

Unfortunately don’t know the reference there and don’t know if you were trying to be funny or not but Kiwi birds are actually only found in New Zealand, and when Australia and New Zealand things get mixed up or called the same some people from both sides get annoyed (not me I really don’t care). Its kind of like the America and Canada mix ups.

It one of those things where you either like it or really hate it there is no inbetween. I don’t knock you for not wanting to.

3 Likes

It’s a reference to the Rocket Power TV movie: Race Across New Zealand. Tito (the Hawaiian guy in the meme) talks about wanting to eat Vegemite multiple times, but he either can’t find any or nobody wants to share with him. There are a few occasions in the movie where he finally manages to do so, but a kiwi bird jumps from the bushes (or the trunk of the car at the end of the movie) and steals it from him. He chases after it afterward.

Yeah, there’s always going to be people who get mad/annoyed about those kinds of things.

5 Likes

Curious.
It would be a shame if someone confused their treat with something else…

Puffin

3 Likes

Eh that’s a british thing we are technically owned by them and don’t really care about that type of mix up

3 Likes

I remember the first time I heard about these. it was on imgur and someone posted something along of lines of “My dad gave me a golden gaytime” and had to explain that it was a legitimate ice cream treat.

4 Likes

Whoops, I totally missed that. that’s what I get for reading threads near when I fall asleep :smile:

Okay, new Q. Do you usually eat it with salt?

3 Likes

@PeteMcc

I thought they were Jam Mallows mate, we have them in England too.

However, I did another google and though they look similar, the Australian one don’t have marshmallow on top they have pink fondant instead and are called Vo-Vo’s I believe.

3 Likes

@PeteMcc
Does the MW require refrigeration to be kept?

3 Likes

No

No

2 Likes