Steam Summer Sale 2018 - Salien Minigame

Oh, you mean from that. I was talking about bots using the event just to try and win the games and how crazy it would be for bots to try just for that alone. :rofl:

1 Like

I guess itā€™s part of the investment and that it pays off in the long run, especially if that ā€œinvestmentā€ is made with money u already made from the market with your bots to begin with, in that case thereā€™s no investment at all actually

3 Likes

y, i think we all agree on that but the point is that they never were in it for the games to begin with, this is basically some dudesā€™ real-life jobs, lol

2 Likes

Long term thoughā€¦just from this sale those bots arenā€™t going to hit $5 profit each. How many events would you need to just break even? I feel like Iā€™m missing something because even such a low barrier is something of an impediment for bots that are just wheeled out twice a year.

3 Likes

I was under the impression the complaint from the link earlier was saying that they were looking to try for the gamesā€™ cards themselves, and I thought that was a bit crazy of an attempt, but this makes way more sense. I guess I needed way more sleep when I read it. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

hm, true, one possibility is that itā€™s not actually $5 in some countries, just like they get most games a lot cheaper, another is that this is just one of the ways they make money and that those bots make a lot more money trading or whatever

maybe @Gnuffi can enlighten us some more about this too (y heā€™s already hitting his keyboard with his gnomish little fingers)

3 Likes

the bots/farms have/get so many ā€œfake gamesā€ attached per account they make a return in no time apparently
and/or the second the trading eligibility is opened up, it potentially opens return up even more, since that account can start strolling the market too, or regular key trades etc too

3 Likes

Fake games???
How does that circumvent the $5 limited account rule?

2 Likes

It doesnā€™t, but I suppose you could get a whole lot of games for $5 that used to drop you an awful lot of cards or something.

4 Likes

That sounds like itā€™d require a lot of workā€¦especially as if you used all the same games you run the risk of decreasing the value of the cards youā€™re selling for those cheap games (and Iā€™m guess theyā€™re minimum returns anyway), so in reality hugely decreasing the demand.

1 Like

also, @xist, yr asking from the point of view that one only just starts doing so now or after that $5 rule was enacted; what if some of these farmers have been active for years before that and have made thousands upon thousands of dollars and already had reinvested some of that money in fake games for all their accounts and stuff? That way they would never even have felt this new rule when it was set.

3 Likes

if prices go too low then ppl get gems instead, and im pretty sure those farmers must sell a lot of gem sacks too

3 Likes

Good point. And I have no idea the level of coding required to make this all work, but boy I bet there are a fair number of tedious late nights tweaking all their codeā€¦almost like hard work!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the point of scripts and bots though, itā€™s only really hard work once and then it runs itself for months at least.

3 Likes

They could deposit 5$ and spend it on items and then send it back to their original/main account That would be like 3 CSGO keys or something. So they maybe lose like 1 dollar actually per account? Then they also have all these shitty games which they can use to sell sets/badges. So the 1 dollar you can earn back in a day. The only limit then is the amount of trash games with card drops you can get.

There were sites which gave like bundles of 1000 steam keys and such. Absolute crap games, but they have card drops.

2 Likes

i canā€™t say ā€œifā€ the bot farms utilize the dummy account-to main account ā€œtrickā€ to get max value for their 5$, but that would be an easy way to incur a sort of 0 loss, tho iā€™m guessing they actually donā€™t bother with it
hereā€™s the thing with the ā€œfake gamesā€, remember these are also (often) ā€œrussianā€ farms, which utilize the 3rd party sites to get games for 1cent
it doesnā€™t matter what a game costs off steam, if a dev canā€™t post a game for less than 50cent/ā€œprofit negatingā€ on steam, they just generate the keys and sell them on a couple of other russian sites
here they sell hundreds and thousands of keys, for nothing, to each acc, so that even if the 5$ did get swallowed up, the sheer mass bucket load of games they can acquire easily, or even free, makes it easy to make that pittance investment up
you have to think of it on a diff scale than just ā€œuser altsā€, like you and me would do
they are running hundreds to thousands even for some.
so imagine this, you generate X00 acc, and instantly ā€œequipā€ them with x00 game each -then you ā€œinvestā€ the 5$, be it whichever scheme they choose to get most value out of their buck
then those bots are now free to generate cards, 24/7 endlessly because there are so so many games released on steam just in the last 4 years (we are talking over 12000 games, with 180 being added each week now), more than an acc can cycle through ā€œin timeā€ to run out before new batches could be delivered,
then they can auto trade, buy/sell, on the market, create gems, sell/trade keys badges, ā€œsteam profile lvl up servicesā€
-every little thing counts, and adds up tremendously, a single bot just auto buy/selling can supposedly earn thousands by such micro transactions alone -if it doesnā€™t get caught and removed by valve since itā€™s technically against the ToS for market use, and steam donā€™t like high volume traffic polling their severs
-which then makes it handy for a ā€œfarmā€ to spread it out across multiple accs/ipā€™s so the load gets smaller and less chance of banning

there are so many ways to make money of steam in the wallet for just ā€œregularā€ people willing to waste their precious time, imagine this getting automated by tons of bots, all at the same time earning a steady semi-guaranteed income from cards
-and ofc the farms that at the same time have a ā€œfake devā€ attached, also earn a minimum 1cent per transaction on top of what the ā€œuserā€ acc earns

5000$ for a 1000bot network might seem a lot, but supposedly these fuckeroos make it back quick enough to be more than worth itā€¦

4 Likes

y imagine, my games alone are worth $1550 at todayā€™s price (with the sale going on), and Iā€™ve bought some games at their full price, like gta V and Kingdom Come, both at $60, so Iā€™ve put well over $1500 in games alone; in addition, according to Steam inventory helper, my inventory is worth $1000 right now (I donā€™t know how accurate that is cuz they use opskins prices and not steam market prices, so some of the items might be valued way too high, but then again, many items arenā€™t even counted at all that way, but letā€™s assume this is correct), and i have $50 steam wallet too atm (it went from 80 to 0 to 65 in this sale [and iā€™ve bought Doom+Ori+Bitrunner 1+2 since]), so that adds up to $2600 made in 2.5 years of fooling around trading cs go skins+cases and market trading, so imagine what bots can do, thatā€™s just insane, even one bot would have turned that in 10-20k ez in that amount of time, if not way more

edit: and oh yeah, i also need to add my $30 ak-47 vulcan which a ā€œfriendā€ decided to keep after a friendship of over a year and 2 cs go knives with a combined value of about $250 that i lost to a ā€œtrading websiteā€, rofl

edit 2: aaaaaaand then thereā€™s also all the games (and even a cs go knife once, wtf, all this stuff that comes back to memory now that i think about it) which i gifted over time (and trust me, it definitely adds up, lol)

3 Likes

If anyoneā€™s looking to just level up the badge and get Gabenā€™s blessingā€¦

Bosses got released like an hour ago, people are reporting gains of 800k points in one roundā€¦
Sadly youā€™ll also advance several stages on carpal tunnel syndā€¦ If you do it by hand.

2 Likes

were? lol, iā€™ve been to every planet and havenā€™t seen one,
are they rare, are they ā€œspawnedā€, whatā€™s the conditions/factors, what am i missing lol :smile:

ahahahahah :rofl:
from reddit:
:joy:

3 Likes

lol i just got over 4million
but the ā€œ1 roundā€ also took freaking ages. still worth it ofcā€¦ donā€™t know whatā€™s the factor for counting, but i just jumped from lvl 9 to 12, almost 13 lol

2 Likes