Steam "Not-A-Metroidvania" Bundle

I have to stop myself…

I haven’t been so tempted by a Steam storefront bundle in a while, but this is too tempting…

I already have Guacamelee.

I played a little bit of Dead Cells, thanks to @coralinecastell, but I still don’t have the game.

Salt and Sanctuary looks so good, so does Sundered…

Anyone thinks otherwise? I also have to allocate funds for the Humble Daedalic bundle too…

What should I do?

(Of course that price in the screengrab reflects me paying for the 3 that I don’t have)…

Sale ends Friday 10 AM PST, so that means I have about 44 hours to think about it still…

8 Likes

Too rich for my blood. And I figure give them a year…and they will be in a bundle…if not before…

7 Likes

You know me… I am a complete bundle addict…

5 Likes

Where I to be in your position… neither, I already talked about Shadow Tactics.

About this bundle, right know there are only three Metroidvania games that I really want:

But even with these, as @delenn13 said, give them some time, and they are bound to be discounted or bundled together.

However, we all have our priorities, so this is entirely up to you.

7 Likes

I bought all of those games except Dead Cells separately last sale for 18.57€, the biggest difference there coming from Guacamelee which was at a 90% discount.

With that being the case though I get offered this ‘bundle’ with dead cells alone for 10,71€ which I must say is rather tempting.

I played Salt & Sanctuary through already and I enjoyed it. Describing things as “soulslike” is pretty pointless these days, but now having actually played Darksouls 3 as well I think it is reasonable to say that this is about as dark soulsy as a 2d platformer can be.

4 Likes

Exact same situation as you about Guaca and Dead Cells. Sincerely, since you can play Dead off of my account any time (TIP: I’m having finals so bask in my 450+ games any time) and those other too seem, like @delenn13 already said, to be the kind of games that’ll either get bundled or get a bigger discount…

I’d say in the very least wait for the summer sale so the discounts stack up.

3 Likes

For the ones you don’t have it honestly matters what you like.

Dead Cells is Early Access so I would personally wait.
Salt and Sanctuary is literally 2D Dark Souls.
Sundered randomizes the rooms every time you die which I personally don’t like in Metrovanias and tends to clutter the screen a little too much with effects that you end up missing some attacks being fired at you.

Also the prices on their lowest goes as follows:
Guacamelee - 1.49
Salt and Sanctuary - 7.19
Dead Cells - 10.19
Sundered - 9.99

(All of the games in the Steam bundle are above their lowest prices.)

5 Likes

You guys have convinced me… I am going to wait, and I will just leech off Coraline a bit longer… lol… Wait for bundles… That’s what I will do, or a better sale…

4 Likes

Steam Summer Sale starts in about 2 (ish) weeks anyway :smiley:

5 Likes

So yeah, maybe this was a last push at getting suckers like me to hit buy before the discount gets bigger… :rofl:

4 Likes

Good idea. I’ve seen S&S on sale for ~$7 and Dead Cells typically goes on sale for ~13 and Sundered $10. So really you wouldn’t be saving much.

I don’t understand, how are you able to play Dead Cells through CC?

2 Likes

The family sharing program. It’s a bit of a bothersome project to set up remotely though, unless you’re fine with just giving out your steam passwords to each other.

4 Likes

Yup, that’s what we did… lol… That’s why I had a comment on my wall, looks like I wrote it, tooting about what an awesome guy I am … :rofl:

3 Likes

We know no one in their right mind would leave that :laughing:

4 Likes

Lol… I kept it, it’s still there… that was a typo…

had have…

:rofl: It just rolled off the front page because of other comments…

3 Likes

“I am a great dude, and super fun too. :goldenstarfish:”

:laughing:

5 Likes

:smile:

I had to keep it. :slight_smile:

Coraline commented on it right away, of course… after we switched back to our proper accounts…

Definitely her trademark, that blue butterfly… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

From the bottom of my heart: Dead Cells is basically the only EA game that I have personally purchased that I can say with 100% confidence that it being Early Access doesn’t matter at all. I can’t stress this enough. It’s a fantastic game. If you’re into the genre, just get it when it fits in your pocket.

That’s why I advised Maoski to switch his password BEFORE and AFTER giving it to me, so we gave each other silly transitory passwords. Mine was something like “YQMaoskiisacooldude” or something.

I don’t find it bothersome to set up at all. Mildly annoying because of the Steam Guard thing, though, but he and I coordinated it pretty well. (:

Hm… sorry to have to break it down to you but, as a psychology student, I advise you to get checked.

You wrote that message, man.

Are you feeling ok?

:butterfly:

I do it because that way it’s easier to spot my own comments.

also lame butterfly effect pun

6 Likes

You can be my therapist once you graduate, I would trust you. :smile::wink:

:shushing_face::shushing_face::shushing_face:

5 Likes

I can be your therapist too! Just watch…

Hmmmm… and how does that make you feel?

5 Likes