Steam Next Fest October 2022 + Badge

You can get a 2022 Next Fest profile badge by completing discovery queues. Just click right until you can’t go further in the queue.

You can level up the badge by completing more discovery queues, at 3 and 6 times.

FYI you need to do the queues in the Next Fest page, not the regular discovery ones.

Honorable mention:

10 Likes

I liked this, more competition in the future of ARPGs

5 Likes

This is even worse an attempt at boosting discoverability than the ordinary queue is. This system makes it super easy and quick to just blindly move through without interacting with or absorbing any information about the game. By making the only thing available for me to judge the game by being the movie, I’m certainly not going to bother even trying to find out anything out about the game before clicking through.

The normal queue loads up the store page for the game allowing you to look through screenshots, read descriptions and even reviews if you so desired without leaving the queue. So in the off chance you did come across something that piqued your interest, you actually could take a proper look at it.

8 Likes

@Enki Game seems interesting but it’s another MMORPG so I’ll skip it.

@Fraggles Unfortunately people will go through the queue just for the sake of getting a cool badge to add to their collection, which’s a pity because there’s some really good games on that list which I’ve added to my wishlist.

But yeah, they tried to make the queue as “minimalistic” as possible and lost the chance to make something more robust in order to feature the games properly.

3 Likes

It’s part of one of their Steam Labs experiments, you can give proper feedback on its page as well. They are using the event to test it out, the old queue is still available on the main store.

I’d probably call it a quick queue :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Completely unusable on mobile

6 Likes

The layout’s still unusable (and a bit worse; the wishlist button is pushed out of view) in the beta version of the Steam app.

3 Likes

The queue was incredibly bad at giving information, but made the badge fast to get.

Found a game called Bunny Graveyard coming out this year.

3 Likes

This was my takeaway from the discovery queue! Maybe it will pique someone else’s interest. :fishing_pole_and_fish:

4 Likes

I’ve wishlisted a bunch of game but I’d like to feature some:

3 Likes

Thanks @carvalho20ptc :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Got to agree with everyone complaining. That new system is ridiculous and useless.

3 Likes

Can those extra discovery queues all be done in the same day, or have to do one per day? :eyes:

3 Likes

@markwr They can be done in the same day. Just go through the queue six times and you’ll max it easily.

Just be sure to do this before Steam’s usual maintenance which happens today and every Tuesday.

3 Likes

Sideways is probably the best way to view this on mobile

6 Likes

Listen to the sloth… :revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

Hidden Gameguard. Alt+F4, uninstalled, and ignored.

That shit’s not cool. To be clear, I’m not blaming you. I’m blaming the developer for being shady.

5 Likes

It came to my attention that it’s also targeted for mobile, so I’m not keen on it as well :smile:

5 Likes

Don’t forget to get those badges. :sunglasses:

Hey @carvalho20ptc I did about 3 or 4 passes through the discovery queues when it started and it didn’t give me a 2nd badge. I had to wait for the NEXT day.

3 Likes

Yeah, Steam is really buggy those days. I got lucky and managed to max the badge on the same day on Monday. I had one tab on the queue and the other on the badges page, refreshing it to see it update and everything went smooth.

3 Likes

I know about that. Took me about 5 minutes to figure it had disconnected my Augmented Steam. Very annoying.

3 Likes