Steam Lunar New Year Sale & New Wishlist

Everything with be huge like the font and buttons on those jitterbug cellphones they give old people. Back in my day sonny steam didn’t have all this fancy big text u youngsters got it easy now Please dont mind me i’m just being dumb and not very funny.

5 Likes

are your steam different than mine? :thinking: steam never had big text, steam doesn’t even scale :rofl:
which has always been pretty annoying, 50% of client’s “display page” is just blank/empty space
fck if they actually implemented “the geezer feature” i’d actually be happy a bit
but i’m betting it’s just even more scroll, oops, i mean swipe features,
to really help all that mobile steam action, -where undoubtedly most of the youngsters are using their steam games these days… -wait a minute :thinking:
:smile:
inc useless mobile button display/layout ui changes, -for a PC oriented platform :man_facepalming: (i seriously wouldn’t put it past Valve to do something like that :laughing:)

3 Likes

Didn’t even know until you mentioned. Eyyy don’t hate our lord and savior Gaben! You can Ctrl+MouseWheel Down to lower the page zoom. See? No problems!

@edit
Did they have those 50% and 75% discount filters before? I can’t remember. That’s a good thing at least.

I also like that they added the screenshots if you hover over the games (for some at least). I often forget what the game looks like and going to the store page just to check on that was a bit of extra work for my sloth self. That could be the reason why they increased the size perhaps.

2 Likes

Well I have $0.09 in my Steam Wallet left over from selling cards… not quite enough for anything on my unsorted wishlist.

3 Likes

Like drag & drop to rearrange, this only seems to work in browser, not in the steam client (at least on my end). And it’s not really the best solution.

I don’t recall seeing those discount filters before. That is a nice feature though - whether it’s new or not.

Off-topic, but does anyone know why this giphy “too large to display” nonsense has been happening lately?

3 Likes

Ah, forgive my ignorance, I forgot the steam client. Indeed there’s no hamburger thing there only typing numbers, shame. Hopefully they will fix in a couple client updates?

I have no idea but it makes me mad, not going thru editing just to reduce the size of the gifs, oh well. Seems like it’s a new thing, didn’t happen before with big gifs. At least I didn’t notice.

2 Likes

I use Metro theme so i see 4 but i like it but now you have to change the number(s) to get it how you want your wishlist line up to be.

3 Likes

I used to have PixelVision theme installed in my main PC but since I’ve been on this notebook I haven’t touched steam skins. It was quite compact compared to steam’s default I believe (or maybe it was just smaller fonts), so perhaps it will display more too if it’s still being updated.

3 Likes

My wish list is just a list of games on steam that I want, my order doesn’t really matter to me that much, I usually just wait for a game to come out at mega price drop. Having said that the wish list changes do seem to be a bit extreme for those with quite a few games and the option seem to be a little lacking.
The wish list I use most often however is my Razer Cortex list which has my steam wishlist added to it among other sites with wishlists and what this does it provides me with the best deals from many sources for those games I have wishlisted. While this sounds awesome and all, it kinda also sucks because now I am buying more heavily discounted games during this time of the year that I will probably never play

3 Likes

I’ve noticed something.

The wishlist isn’t displaying games that have been removed from the store.

My wishlist says 65 but it’s only showing 64, the one that is missing is Elder Scrolls Online Complete Edition (or something, can’t remember which package it was I put on there but I know it was removed a while ago I just couldn’t be bothered trying to find the new one to put in it’s place).

That’s kinda annoying because even though it had been removed it was still there as a reminder to me which is the whole damn point of a wishlist.

4 Likes

Not sure what games are on my radar yet, as all the games I’ve got in my wishlist are currently not for sale. I’m still looking to get Papers, Please and Game Dev Tycoon in my library, but so far no luck yet with sales. :frowning:

3 Likes

Great game! It was just on sale for $2 a month ago and even discussed on the forum. Too bad you missed out on it then.

3 Likes

I know this is off-topic but just a heads up Fanatical is doing a hourly flash game sale Fanatical.

6 Likes

:+1:
not really “hourly”, more like hourly reveal -each deal stays for 24 hours after revealed it seems
so no rush :relaxed:

7 Likes

That’s always how they do it … I was surprised when I found that during christmass :slight_smile:

3 Likes

not sure if this is still relevant but Papers, Please on GOG.com

1 Like

I managed to get mine sorted by just hitting “top” over and over again till I lined what I wanted up right. Not ideal, but hopefully it’ll hold.

3 Likes

i did that with like a dozen titles, then i gave up, -too many games on my list for that move :joy:
i’ll just let it stay scrambled for a while i think :wink:

4 Likes