Steam game mining cryptocurrency (allegedly)

and they also sell fake TF2 items (their own ingame items deceive ppl on steam market into thinking they’re buying TF2 items)

11 Likes

Ya man… I usually turn off a game that has my graphics card spinning up in a fit when the graphics are mediocre to poor at baseline, and I know what games it can run perfectly smooth and not be doing that.

5 Likes

This is not surprising, but a little funny that they thought they could do this and get away with it unnoticed.

8 Likes

I remember hearing about this on a Steam guide… the only way to tell apart TF2 items and fakes? Use a web browser to inspect the element and make sure the AppID was 440 (TF2’s number). I think Steam should be willing to reverse transactions for those affected.

11 Likes

y but the rly bad part is it’s still ongoing…

4 Likes

Anybody want to develop a steam game with me? I have a great idea.

10 Likes

i wish i could mate , but no idea :joy::joy:

4 Likes

id like to point out that this was “resolved” and addressed by Valve already, and surprisingly fast this time (i’m guessing because it directly affected “their” own items/money printer, steam market)

they’ve implemented a new trading measure in a step to make it more secure against this
if you don’t own a game, or the traded items are from a certain game, you get 2 popups notifying you about such, to check/double check the trade and make sure that “you are sure” about the trade you’re making

that minor “applause” to valve aside
-can i just say how surprised i am that this wasn’t abused earlier (not the miner), seems silly how scumfcks hadn’t taken advantage of Valve’s lack and lapse in “everything”, like just doing a basic fcn file scan to check sht is “kosher”, leaving things open as they are for “creative abuse”.
Would be nice if it was a “scare” big enough to make them at least semi curate things, but i doubt it, and i’m not going to be surprised when yet another miner gets revealed (this is not the first), or another game that finds another way to scam sht… like just uploading a full blown “key logger”, or ransomware… because why the fck not, valve don’t give a sht until sht actually hits the fan, and even then only if it hits it hard enough :roll_eyes: :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I’m learning pixel art, gimme a month and I can help you with my MAD SKILLZ.

7 Likes

Now all we need is one person who knows how to mine crypto, and then create our own cryptocurrency.

My plan is simple:

Minimize effort.

1. Profit
  2. Profit
  3. Profit
6 Likes

Well, in about 3 days, you can at least choose to play the simulation version of this… lol…

This is for comedic effect, I am in no way trying to promote this game…

4 Likes

3 days is too long, we will all have forgotten about this in 3 days.

6 Likes

Forgotten about what?

5 Likes

It says someone replied to me in a thread, but I don’t know how I got here…

5 Likes

on a needle?

2 Likes

Art and skills? This is overkill. I’ve seen enough of these games, you’ll be good with the opposite of that.

5 Likes

If steam gets all pissy about you trying to distribute malware through their platform, just make the game have some ‘optional’ nudity that you can download a patch to enable through which you also install the mining software.

7 Likes

Alright, so @Fraggles is in.

5 Likes

Three is a team. We got ourselves a game, boys.

So let’s see if we got this straight (or gay, whichever suits you, really):

1. @hivefleetbothan coding.
  2. @me art.
  3. @Fraggles shenanigans.

Yup, looking good. You think we could get Chrono to sell it on the the coin shop to the masses?

5 Likes

New release? :ballot_box_with_check:
Never been bundled before? :ballot_box_with_check:

Must be at least 40,000 coins per purchase… You will be rolling in Chrono coins in no time…

5 Likes