Steam ChronoGG Notification Bot!

Then they won’t be able to add the bot. I never considered this issue, would never expect that many users to add the bot, not for a couple of years at least. I would most likely start sharding the bot, or just level it up.

4 Likes

Edited it into OP: You can use !toggle to switch your daily notification off/on!

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like I’m allowed to do the scraping part, but I’ll do something for every two weeks notification.

3 Likes

I apologize for people that receive multiple/zero messages on July 30, 2017 (Superhot); there was an unexpected change to Chrono’s API. While debugging, I noticed it never sent the message to particular users, despite the request being successfully sent to Steam.

P.S: I think I’m getting rate limited by Steam

5 Likes

I thought I had already thanked you for the bot but I guess I didn’t. Another reason I need this bot. “Oldetimers” is setting in.Not a joke…

Note to everyone: DON"T GET OLD. GOLDEN YEARS, MY FOOT!

So anyways, Thanks for the bot. I use it.

6 Likes

Alright, my apology, when I initially started this bot I didn’t run into rate limiting issues as it was only 4 of my friends and myself. Now it grew to over 60 people, and I thank you guys for that.

But now I have run into Steam rate limiting issue, and to fix that I have to place two seconds delay between each message, this means it may take longer for you to receive your daily deal. I’m sorry for this inconvenience, but it’s the only thing I can do to get the messages to everyone.

If you want to know the exact possible delay, the formula is 2 * 6 * #ofFriends in seconds

PS: If you still don’t receive messages after this patch, please comment it on my Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198114606863/

6 Likes

I have added new shop games notification! I have yet to test it because I don’t have another bot account, so you guys can be my first batch of testers. You will get something like this when new games are added to the shop:

`New games added to shop: ${newGameTitles.join(', ')}`

Thank you to @dusty and @lonin for answering my questions.

9 Likes

Oh man, more bugs :stuck_out_tongue:

There was a slight delay (~5 hours) because of API reporting back empty array yesterday. Sorry for the inconvenience, I’m still adapting to ChronoGG’s API.

5 Likes

I just want you to know that your bot has saved my streak a few times these last 2 weeks. I recently started a new job and have been tired as hell while getting used to it, but your reminders have at least kept me checking in.:smile_cat:

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind words!

I’ve broadcasted Hey, Outlast Deluxe is free for a limited time to everyone. If you happen to miss it, here’s the link:

3 Likes

I’m just going to keep posting these in case someone misses it or was confused.

For some reason today, Steam decided not to return a description within the API, so here it’s for King Arthur’s Gold (4 Pack):

If you like total freedom in the way you conquer the enemy this is the ultimate war game for you. Build freeform constructions as a medieval Builder, fight in sword duels as a Knight or snipe with your bow as an Archer

1 Like

i think steam has been having some local issues today, with servers various downloads+responds worldwide, maybe that could have had on effect with the api/bot too

2 Likes

Ah, glad to know I can rely on Steam. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I now have a Discord server! Feel free to join to provide feedback or if you have any questions: Discord

3 Likes

I’m planning to rework the bot to be more fault tolerant (exclude API errors) for more profound error analyzing. If anyone has any suggestions for something, I’m all open ears.

2 Likes

Just going to bump this, as I’m still maintaining this bot.

6 Likes

Would anyone be interested in a Steam notification group? I’ll still continue the chat based notification, but I could implement it as an announcement as well.

5 Likes

Hey Rumble,

The bot is amazing, I have it in my friends as well! :slight_smile:

We have a Steam group, http://steamcommunity.com/groups/chronogg. Perhaps we could do something with that to spice that up?

Now we simply post an announcement every day of the sale but I’d like to see what other stuff we can do on Steam itself!

We could chat on either Discord of Steam itself, let me know!

7 Likes

Sounds great, but I’m sure there are a lot of people in that group that don’t wish to receive daily announcement flooding their feeds, and there is no way to turn it off unless you leave the group. That’s why I was thinking a separate group.

3 Likes

Happy New Year everyone! To another year of operation.

8 Likes