Steam Card Exchange

Well, prompted by being left with Zonitron junk games/cards, a situation that we’re all in (yes admit it you yourself, you’ve added junk games to your steam library!) I thought that we could potentially trade with each other to either complete these sets or alternative sets. I’m going to kick this off with just my non-marketable Zonitron sets because frankly these are useless and difficult to trade otherwise. So I have - (Number in brackets is set size)

Goocublets - 2, 4, 4 (6)
Goocublets 2 - 4, 4, 5, 9 and a foil 3 (9) plus I have an unopened booster
Goocublets OCD - 1, 5, 5, 6, 8 (9)
Why So Evil - 1, 2, 5, 6 (8)
Why So Evil 2 Dystopia - 3, 4, 7, 8, 8 (9)
Brilliant Bob - 2, 2, 5, 8, 9 (9)

I think that those are the only Zonitron games I own (Woot! Go me!!). So if you have any duplicates that you want to swap or want to trade to make full alternative sets post your own spares and then we can work out how best to make everyone happy. The idea is that everyone comes out on top…no profiteering or unfair advantage taking.

All ok? I’m sure I’ve forgotten something!

1 Like

You should check out http://www.steamtradematcher.com. When you sign in (it’s safe because it’s using Steam’s open ID) the site will scan your inventory for cards you have duplicates of and list other Steam users that have duplicates you need in the card set. Trade with the users listed as trading bots for quick confirmations. There’s even a Userscript available that will auto-select the cards you both have and insert them into the trade boxes. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Already done so…doesn’t help as you need enough cards in a single set to make a whole. Virtually no-one allows cross set trades such as this.

Ok. So I have Steam, and many games. However, I have never (to my knowledge) gained a ‘card’. I feel very stupid asking about this, but how do people get ‘cards’, what do they do, and why? I feel like this is some secret thing I’ve just stumbled upon.

1 Like

Check the state of your account first, if your account is limited account, you can’t get any cards until you unlimit it. to check, very simple, if your account is limited, you’ll know it immediately by seeing it right on Steam support page. Once your account is unlimited, you get cards by playing your games (as long as those games has card drop / support).

1 Like

You need to have spent at least $5 in the Steam store to have a fully activated account without restriction. Once you have done so if a game has Steam Cards listed in it’s attributes they’ll start dropping after around 1 hour of game activity. You can either do this by playing each game, or using a tool like Idlemaster. Steam Cards are then used to complete badges which in turn level up your Steam account, or can be sold for pennies on the Steam Marketplace.

1 Like