Spring Cleaning Event @Steam May 21 - May 28 2020

13 Likes

Quickly handled once I remembered that idlemaster can idle any one particular game in your library without having to install it first.

8 Likes

And for those who wonder, you farm it like this:

6 Likes

Any good deals?

3 Likes

It doesn’t seem to be related to any specific sale at all.

3 Likes

Everything went on sale a minute ago. Okay maybe not everything, but it seemed like a lot…

3 Likes

wait, that was the whole event? no forced bs about redoing it every day for the week, just go through 7 games and that’s it you’re done? :thinking: am i missing something?? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

so far, I rly see nothing out of the ordinary in terms of sales at all; some publishers sales and some weekly sales, just the usual so far

4 Likes

Yeah it doesn’t seem to be a ton but I did get the usual email with like 50 wishlisted games on sale shortly after your post. I rarely get more than 2 on a regular day so I assumed a sale just kicked off.
But nah this event seems to be a whole lot of nothing except the badge.

4 Likes

makes sense, but though i only have 40-something items wishlisted, i usually get 10-20 on sale or something, and this time only 2, which is why i went to check store front and saw it wasn’t like a thematic sale or anything like that, which begs the question what the point to this is in the first place. I guess it’s just to make ppl more acquainted with the new library functions or something.

4 Likes

It isn’t a sale event? Ah man.

4 Likes

To be honest, I like this event :wink:

4 Likes

Wait… IdleMaster can only Idle games with card drops doesn’t it? If you do not have any game with cards available to drop it won’t idle any game doesn’t it? :thinking:

3 Likes

No I believe it can idle just about anything. You just have to make a shortcut or other means of launching it with a steam ID as extra argument.
“steam-idle.exe 366080”

There, I just idled a soundtrack.
Capture

6 Likes

Oh I didn’t know about that :scream:

3 Likes

Steam’s spring cleaning events usually aren’t sale events if I’m remembering correctly though :thinking::sunflower:

3 Likes

Thanks for the hot tip Fraggles, breezed through the task and got myself the badge :blush:

4 Likes