So people actually spent 40,000 coins on a game?

I got Minion Masters for free and I really disliked it, not for anything in particular wrong with the tittle but because I didn’t saw anything to really hook me. All I was thinking is how every little thing was made better in other tittles, wich is by any means a fair comparison, but I just felt that way, thinking any good old RTS was more enjoyable for me to move around units and use resources, art, collecting and counterplays of strategy being covered by Magic The Gathering, and into a lesser extent Heartstone and so on.

I think the main point is it reminds me a mobile game and a lot of people can’t trust such thing since we know the even slightly more evil microtransactions world and so on. Maybe even it is a mobile game ported to pc. So, hard to give it a fair chance.

5 Likes

Honestly, the fact that it’s a multiplayer, lane-based brawler, where you have to collect the units, that’s competing in the same space as mobile games of the same stripe might be the reason for that. If a player has sunk a ton of hours into Clash Royale, what incentive is there for them to jump ship to something new, where they’d have to build up their ranking all over again? Clash Royale is something where I can whip it out when I have like ten minutes free to burn while I’m waiting in line or the like. Having to sit down at my PC to fire it up and play it would seriously dampen my play time.

On the Dead Cells front, while I would have liked to have seen the price in a range where I could afford the coins for it, I can totally understand why it was priced where it was. It was nice to see something like that show up in the store, though, and I hope we see more premium games like that show up in the future.

4 Likes

that was just a really good game.

I would if I hadn’t already purchased with real monnies, was considering getting it for a friend but that bastard don’t deserve, especially because he didn’t want to join Chrono at the time I shared the site, he would probably have the required amount to get it if he had joined… :rofl:

2 Likes

From my 182 hours thus far in the last not even 2 months in Dead Cells (thanks to my friend @Animosity :heart:) … I have to say that 50k would have been still worth it.

7 Likes

I think Minion Masters stuck around because people already have it, and it would have sold out by now if you hadn’t given out two-packs. It’s a good game for sure, simple but elegant and with very quick matches… but we already have it thanks to how often the devs have given it out.

I bought it myself from the Chrono store only to learn that I claimed it for free on Steam at some point. :man_shrugging:

Suddenly people on the trading sites have Dead Cells keys. Weird.

Oh hey look, more military shooters! WOO! MILITARY COMBAT! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG I LOVE GUNS, I LOVE WAR SIMULATION. GUNBONER. OMG OMG. GENRE TOTALLY NOT DEAD OMG BEST GENRE EVER. OMG MILITARY SHOOTER. Ooops now I need to take a nap, I’m tired after that.

4 Likes

@ComNguoi
I would’ve got it in a heartbeat but I didn’t have coins anywhere near the price :wink: Dead Cells seems to be a really nice game and I’ve been following it for a while. Seems like quality is really high and it seem to have lots of mechanics I really like. So…

Minion masters was given away for free so much that most of people who were even slightly interested got a copy already. It’s a decent game IMO but nothing groundbreaking.

1 Like

I’ve only just noticed that was there.

I as a feeble peasant MUST BEG FOR COINS

4 Likes

For Minion Masters or Insurgency? Cause I still have the extra copy of Minion Masters.

1 Like

I think the game 's price will just keep getting higher, considering the fact that more and more people know about this site,which is a good thing, but in the same time the amount of coins is also increase! Higher demand means less supply! But what amazed me more, is that YOU CAN USE A GIF AS PROFILE AVATAR ??

4 Likes

oh great, here we go again…

3 Likes

THE 40,000 COIN ONE

sorry for just jutting into a conversation halfway through xD I didn’t really read anything else, I just didn’t notice it said 40 thousand, I just thought it was 4.

I think that the balance is difficult because of anticipating demand - look at Insurgency and Hotline Miami. Both have barely sold, and yet perhaps at 5000 coins they would have, and certainly at 3000 coins the numbers would definitely be different. In order to ensure that the global holding of coins remains fluid people have to be encouraged to buy, else the games just accumulate in the coin shop and everyone just holds on to pounce on the next Dead Cells. Perhaps more fluid price adjustments might fix this issue of people hoarding or perhaps not, but at the moment it’s got to be a problem.

1 Like

:thinking:

:clock5: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

Im new to this site, dont criticize me for it plz! I have a feeling to you know :persevere:

5 Likes

I’m sorry, that was not criticism aimed at you. It was a comment on several previous events where someone had made this discovery and everyone started using the most obnoxious animated avatars they could resulting in the entire forum becoming horrendous to behold.

5 Likes

Just a singular feeling?

which one is it?

pain? anguish?

3 Likes

I’ve played Clash Royale every single day for the last two years, this is my exact reason for not picking up Minion Masters

https://206.81.1.216/t/updated-20-april-18-coin-shop-new-games-arriving-today/6374/98?u=nebula7

2 Likes

There was Dead Cells on the coin shop ? I’ve missed it fml

2 Likes