Site not loading

Allright, so since the past 3-4 days I’ve had this problem where I go to chrono.gg like I usually do and instead of being met with a new deal and a coin to flip I instead stare at a purple screen

Basically nothing is loading up aside from the background color… thing

Like I honestly dunno where I could even start tryin to fix this since clearing cache/cookies did not help.

Had literally no trouble since TB first introduced this site and I would like to continue using it but can’t :confused:

2 Likes

What browser does this happen in? And the version might help too if you know where to find that.

1 Like

My phone is doing this same thing. It started day one of this 8 day racing deal. My browser is Micrisoft Edge 25.10686.682.0
Hope this helps. I have been logging on on my pc and figured my older windows phone web browser was getting antiquated

3 Likes

Thanks for all of the information. It does help! They will be looking into it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well to me it happens on pc, Firefox, veeersion… 47.0.2 ( i think thats the right number-thing I found in the help section?)

1 Like

i’m suspecting that might be a problem? that’s like more than 15 firefox versions ago(current version is 62.0.2)
so you might have some compatibility issues there and/or possibly with old addons/extensions then too :thinking:

-just a thought

4 Likes

huh, I guess thats what I get for turning off update notifications, I’ll try updating and see how that goes

EDIT: yup! that was it, a quick couple updates later and I can flip that coin again!
also fixed some minor issues with other sites I had, guess I should update my software once in a while after all ^^’’

5 Likes

maybe “just once” every 2 years :wink:

glad it got solved :+1:

4 Likes

I have the same problem.
it started happening a day after I updated my chrome to the newest version.
so I just have a purple screen. :sweat_smile:

Edit :
when you open inspect element you can see many new errors
maybe related to the update?

I get that now

ETA: I see the HTML, and it’s empty content-wise. It’s just script calls and aheader.

Meta, meta, meta, hidden biscuit, noscript, script, script, /body.

ETA2: This happens every few days when the daily changes, I run on a scheduler and every few days I get an empty page, I asume someone is just late on the update, but this time it’s 20 minutes

ETA3: It’s up. So it was a deal that has gone late?

2 Likes

If you have an ad blocker, try disabling that. I just got the purple screen of death this morning, had to whitelist the site, loaded up just fine.

My experience; I just had this happen around 10 minutes ago; I did a forced update for my adblock filter lists, and shift+click refreshed the page and it loaded properly again.
Not sure if this was actually an adblock filter issue, I didn’t check the logger, might have been some kind of caching issue.

Also the site is using the a development deployment which might have some additional stuff that might cause some issues.

This was likely just because they were running an event and I think they had to change a lot in the backend to get things back to “business as usual mode”

They have been on a development version of react for quite awhile now so I don’t think it’s that.

In any case, the site should be up for everyone now, but if it’s not let us know! :slight_smile:

2 Likes