Should i get Hyper light drifter?

I was thinking about getting Hyper light drifter on sale soon but I am wondering if it is worth it?
Has anybody played it and if so is it worth buying for $10? Note: I have ended up getting the game anyway but i will leave this up just to see if anyone has any useful insight or opinions on this game.

3 Likes

Steam just told me you are playing it, you didn’t even wait for anyone to reply :cry: good on you though, hope you have fun :wink:

5 Likes

My friend (who i have over at my house at the moment) decided that he would buy it on my account and download it while i went off to ask this question on here anyway. The only reason i didnt delete the question because i was still interested in others thoughts and opinions on the game aswell as it might be helpful for others.

3 Likes

Well that’s nice of him, it was funny for me because I just got done reading the post and then the Steam notification popped up saying you were playing it

3 Likes

Oh he didnt pay for it he just decided since i wasnt sure about it he decided to read up about it and then got it so i didnt have to decide. (oops forgot to mention we used my $10 steam credit i had left)

3 Likes

Oh…well, that’s not so nice, now I really hope you have fun with it

2 Likes

Well so far i am really enjoying it so i dont regret letting my friend buy it.

2 Likes

That game is HUGE. A little piece of melancholic masterwork!

Enjoy!

5 Likes

If someone walks by and is unsure on whether they should get Hyper Light Drifter, I’d like to say a few things about it (haven’t finished it yet because my PC broke and I need to retrieve my save since it doesn’t have cloud save):

1. The OST is fantastic.

1. The world is colorful and brilliantly crafted, the details astounding.

2. The game is about the developer’s health condition. Here’s a spoiler-free interview about that:

4 Likes

5 Likes

Hyper Light Drifter is a great game, but if you’re a completionist (like I am), you’re in for a challenge. I’m talking about the 800+ dash challenge. People made scripts and programs to complete that challenge… on PC. I’ve done that on console with the help of the right music with the right bmp. It is nuts. Good luck!

4 Likes

Actually, I think it’s easier on PC with keyboard and mouse, without any scripts or macros. Timing is key, but a mouse makes it so much easier because one simple trick.

I even took a nice picture when I completed:

I’m proud of my Hoarder achievement, not everyone has the patience to collect and find everything. But finishing the game without dying, that’s the real achievement. :tired_face:

3 Likes

Nicely done :smiley: Yeah, on PC there’s far less input lag when compared to console. I’ve experienced that with Limbo after completing three different version of the game between Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC. Playing on PC is almost 1:1 from button press to action on screen.

3 Likes