Shop Timer

Hey y’all I don’t know if this has been discussed before and I’m new to the forms, but I think adding a timer to the next release of games on the coin shop wouldn’t be a bad idea. I just wanted to see what others thought about this so please leave your opinion, or if you know why there isn’t one please inform me.

1 Like

hit the search bar op top right and you’ll find the answer to your question :smile_cat:

actually there is a couple of posts both asking for it/discussing it and answering the question
i made a compilation of some few various posts earlier, a couple that even links to them/that/this very topic too
scroll down to Coin shop “release date/time” and you get a couple of “silver” bullet points :wink:
https://206.81.1.216/t/before-you-complaint-about-coin-shop-or-broken-streak-take-10secs-and-also-consider/5353?u=gnuffi

3 Likes

oh, and welcome to the Chrono forums :thumbsup: :hugging:
(sigh, jezz where are my manners lately lol) :confounded:
:ghost:

5 Likes

Something we’re actively thinking about adding. :slight_smile:

1 Like

:astonished: That’s a really good news!

To be really clear, voted for No timer (at all, no notifications, no alerts, no flashing lights) but it was a good news for a lot of people :wink:

2 Likes

A timer would only mean the site gets hammered into submission at the end of the count meaning no one gets to buy anything. Even if the site handled it you’d only end up with the time a desirable title is available cut down to minutes rather than the hours they last now increasing the complaints from late comers tenfold.

Here’s another really bad idea, allow the games to be pre-orderable, the moment the placeholder item and price is displayed you can buy the game. Wont get the key or know what it is until it’s revealed for everyone. Do you think THIS might really be the return of Brigador? Make sure you get your copy and buy early sight unseen!

4 Likes

I was thinking along the same thing as you, Fraggles. I was actually surprised to see that the Chrono team is considering this. I think it would be nice if there’s something like a countdown to a 24 hour window alerting new games will show up then. Counting down to the actual second, oh boy… Not quite the same thing but it reminds me of trying to get something from Amazon or Newegg during their Black Friday sales - you have a better shot trying to get the item by waiting in line at 2 AM in front of a store. I can only imagine we’ll see quite a few posts about being unable to get new games before they’re out of stock if a countdown timer is that precise.

3 Likes

I vote No timer…If I am allowed to vote.

It would be a mess.

4 Likes

lets vote then! :smiley:

• Timer
  • No Timer
  • Mark of the Ninja

0 voters

edit: sorry, almost forgot an option

6 Likes

Oh man…When you put it THAT way…:grin:

1 Like

I support the countdown, I also support the dumb preorder system @Fraggles joked about.

2 Likes

I also vote no timer. I have a decent enough idea of when the next set of games are coming based on the last E-mail notification, where I add ~2 weeks or assume the games are here after the next two cycles (next next 9 AM PT) when I see “Coming Soon.” Announcing roughly every two weeks is already a tough enough deadline to stock inventory designed to be given away.

I don’t want a timer that would only cause more trouble for Chrono.gg.

3 Likes

Hey thanks for everyone who responded, i’m glad to see that people actually have opinions and that moderators have noticed. Thanks for the warm welcome as well. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

don’t know about this. If Ionin writes “actively thinking”… this could be possible and with no harm for our Chrono, trusting the guys :wink:

1 Like