Sekiro hype

Sekiro; RTX on

4 Likes

The concept is appealing but the fack that you dont loot gear is a turn off for me, ill buy it when there’s a 50% deal or something but not full price, i love to put RNG salt on my wound

6 Likes

RNGesus; the church for masochists :grin:

6 Likes

y but u do unlock and upgrade skills and upgrades for your prosthetic arm which do heavily affect combat, and u do have to make choices in that regard, so there’s that

2 Likes

that’s not the point of having different skills, it’s too easy if i chose what i want, i want RNGesus to make me suffer throughout the game

4 Likes

but that wasn’t the case in Dark Souls etc. either though, u get to choose which loot u want to use, so I don’t think there was any real rng element in that either, not to mention that i even think that the loot in those games was not even rng to begin with, at all, i think the loot is scripted in those games

now, if u say u dont care for Dark Souls or its systems to begin with, well then ofc this will not be for u…, but for a host of other reasons

3 Likes

9 Likes

That looks absolutely amazing! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Wow that is nice looking. How would you say the story holds up as a more direct story and less of an atmospheric/environmental model?

4 Likes

I personally like it a lot, I never played much of Dark Souls (a few hours of 2 only like 5 years ago, but plan playing it soon), but the lore being so sparse in that game is something i actually dislike about it, i prefer a real story with more actual cut scenes and stuff; this game has plenty of atmosphere though, and the setting is just amazing, though ofc that’s a staple of the studio

5 Likes

Lore is not sparse, it’s full of lore. It’s just that story is almost entirely delivered through different means than usual. Level designs,item description,Npc banter and such.

5 Likes

y but i can usually only play a few hours at a time, sometimes only 1h, sometimes with days in between, and then it’s hard to get a good grasp of the story, so y, i’d say sparse isn’t the right word, maybe “parsed out” is more suitable

it’s a lot easier when it’s more straightforward; though ofc this game still presents plenty of lore through those ways and a lot remains unspoken and is uncovered by reading stuff left and right

3 Likes