Secret Saturday Giveaway???? - Ended

I say it’s Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun as my second and last guess!
Good Luck to all and thanks for the giveaway @DanosaurJr
It’s interesting concept :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I already guessed that, no dice

4 Likes

i thought about that one to but i’m not to sure.

4 Likes

Door Kickers.

6 Likes

:clap: @Mosky. You guessed it! Key will be sent to you via PM.

Also :+1: to @eishiya for figuring it out hours ago.

Good guesses everyone, and thanks for playing!

7 Likes

You’re not going to explain how to solve this?

5 Likes

wow i was looking into to way to much then i thought the bolded H,B,I,I,C had some kind of hidden meaning to it like the letters were in the game title, so i was looking for games that had H,B,I,I,C in it.

5 Likes

yes that was my theory also

3 Likes

This is no Chronomicon, but it’s the best I could come up with in a limited amount of time.

The bold letters in the opening paragraph are HBIIC. It’s a jumble and when you rearrange the letters you get CHIBI.

In the Official Chrono Chibi Thread, you will find this image:

Those dates point to a Chrono daily deal for Door Kickers

I intended it to be like a forum Easter egg hunt :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yeah, I can’t imagine what was going in your minds, but I think some of you were over-thinking it.

8 Likes

I got as far as chibi

3 Likes

I thought the date was a release date oops.

So close.

3 Likes

WHAT?!? I was way off, I was thinking HBIIC which is a type of Mech (hunchback, something something) but MechWarrior online is only very positive and the base game is free, then I was thinking HBIIC has something to do with programming so I thought maybe Shenzen 1/0, which was also a daily deal and is overwhelmingly positive but nope.

But I did see the bolding before you changed it to the colours so I’ll take my wins where I can get them

3 Likes

:rofl:

I’m impressed with the amount of thought some of you put into this. I can’t even begin to imagine what @Fraggles was coming up with before he went to bed.

I initially intended to put the letters in order but, looking at it, I thought that might be too easy. So, instead I made a jumble and added a ‘chibi’ maneki neko as an extra hint.

3 Likes

at first I saw HBIC and thought ok thats, head bitch in charge, so I thought ok female protagonist, first thing that came to mind was Lara Croft, then when that failed me I also went down the path of @nebula7 with mech warrior.

5 Likes

I had to check a few times to make sure I was definitely seeing two Is because I was thinking that too, I wondered if maybe @DanosaurJr made a mistake but after the edits there was still two so I figured it was meant to be that way

2 Likes

I reviewed the edits and the bold letters indeed remained the same. The h in “have.” The b in “but.” The i in the first “is.” The i in the second “is.” And the c in “clues.”

The reason the colors changed is because I was afraid the bold letters (especially the i’s) wouldn’t stand out enough. So I linked them. But @eishiya, who figured it out rather quickly, said linking the letters might be a bit too much, so I changed them back.

It wouldn’t be a @DanosaurJr giveaway without a little bit of controversy :blush:

Next time, discobot?

4 Likes

Good morning.
Oh dear I was wildly out of the park on this one. Mark of the Ninja is always the right answer though. Cheers for the giveaway and the fun puzzle, even though it robbed me of nearly 2h of sleep.

9 Likes

Awesome giveaway…worked out the Chibi thread link but missed the clue in the image!

Door Kickers might look somewhat uninspiring but it’s an amazeballs game, tactically challenging and interesting with it’s mix of different classes and weapons. I loved it so much I made sure that I took the time to work my way through all the trophies too. If you’ve not played it, and liked Frozen Synapse I’d highly recommend it.

4 Likes

man i went so much further than that, checking release dates based on the position of the letters in the alphabet (8-2-9-9-3), even looking for games that had that number 82993 as their “app” number on the steam store. At first, I thought the hb stood for humble bundle and since u had a post on their last bundle i chose the only one with an overwhelmingly positive rating, death road to canada. Then i ended up adding all these to each other 8+2+9+9+3 = 31, so i chose mini metro, as it was the 31st game in strategy games when ranked according to customer reviews, in addition to the fact that u already have that game, rofl. I actually checked the chibi post too but failed to make a connection there…

I also went with head bitch in charge first of all, which made me think of kingdom, as u play with a queen there (if i remember right) and also ended up looking at mechwarrior online after googling hbiic, rofl

anyway, great giveaway, but not so good for my health and sleep schedule, haha

6 Likes

I didn’t even noticed the BOLD letters with the dark theme :smiley: That’s pretty embarrassing I guess, but indeed they are really hard to see when it’s only just 1 letter :confused:

5 Likes