RSS feed for coin shop?

Hey guys,

Is there any plan to implement an RSS feed for the coin shop? Since I didn’t even see the last two added games before they were sold out, I’m looking into ways to set up a notification. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I may be wrong…which has happened, But I don’ think they have a RSS feed for the Coin Shop. It’s only for the Daily Deals. You can sign up for email reminders(The bottom of the page…https://chrono.gg/)…Which is good because it reminds you EVERY day about the game and it sends an email about the Coin Shop Games also

@RumbleFrog has a bot that you can follow on Steam and it sends messages for the games every day plus he has added the the Coin games too.
https://206.81.1.216/t/steam-chronogg-notification-bot/5238

And welcome to the forum!:heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Am subscribed to the newletter, that’s like the most simple thing to do to stay up to date, no need for bots or RSS feeds :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::grin:

2 Likes

Good idea! What I may end up doing is creating a thread in the daily deals forum when new ones are added. That way they’ll be added to the daily deal RSS feed which you can find here: https://206.81.1.216/c/daily-deals.rss

3 Likes

Wait, what’s RSS feed ?

2 Likes

An old but neat way to get notifications from sites on your desktop or browser.
I use Slick RSS in chrome but there’s a billion of them. With the right setup it gives me my daily anime, chrono notifications and webcomic updates.

5 Likes

And I get a lot of my giveaways that I post here…through my RSS feeds.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answers. I use the RSS feed already to remind me of the daily games, so it would be neat if you would add the coin shop games, too.

Until then, I will use the newsletter (and probably an IFTTT recipe to get a specific notification :nerd_face:).

How many feeds are you combining? I set up an alert notifying me if a post on the /r/gamedeals subreddit contains the word “free” or “giveaway” which works fine as well.

1 Like

I don’t use reddit at all. Sorry. I use the actual websites so I know what I am getting and what I am reporting to the forum here. I have 7 trusted game sites plus I have a few blogs and tech sites that send game info.

3 Likes

And I just follow @delenn13, no RSS feeds needed.

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s probably the best way to do it. However, as @nebula7 said, I will probably just follow you as well. :smiley: Thanks for sharing all the deals with us!

1 Like

I am not the only one posting deals and freebies. We all contribute. It’s a community effort. I would name them all but I would miss one then…:scream: I just try to keep the forum open in my many tabs so I can get them. Some of them are fast.

Not sure if you are lazy…or just being safe…:thinking:

3 Likes

3 Likes

I use Inoreader for the over 240 RSS feeds that i subscribed to :sweat_smile:. 140 of them are Youtube Channels. I have not logged in to YouTube since years, even tho I watch videos every day :grin:. The rest are News, Blogs, Deals, Twitch, Twitter, Soundcloud, DeviantArt, GitHub and others.
RSS Feeds are awesome :grinning:

I also had subscribed to /r/gamedeals, but later switched to /r/FreeGameFindings instead. No special alert needed, because it is all free :wink:

1 Like

Thank you @lonin :grinning::+1:

https://206.81.1.216/t/new-shop-games-2-23-18/8397

4 Likes

rss feeds are just adding to clogging up internet traffic.

zombie sheep with smartphones are bad enough ,we don’t need more.

1 Like

if RSS feed and notifications are “clogging up” … what was the deal during the “torrent age”? :smiley:

This is nonsense from whatever angle I can look it up…

4 Likes

nono it’s real
remember back in the day when the “net” wasn’t used to mail yet
and they constantly had to have people on standby and send them out to shake the cables when the letters congested the lines
:joy:
damn multi-lane high-speed broadband put an entire workforce generation of e-plumbers out of a job…
:smile:

3 Likes

No! Everyone knows “that, that internet” back then was made of “a series of tubes”.

Partial text of Stevens’ comments
“Ten movies streaming across that, that Internet, and what happens to your own personal Internet? I just the other day got… an Internet was sent by my staff at 10 o’clock in the morning on Friday. I got it yesterday [Tuesday]. Why? Because it got tangled up with all these things going on the Internet commercially…
They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the Internet. And again, the Internet is not something that you just dump something on. It’s not a big truck. It’s a series of tubes. And if you don’t understand, those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and it’s going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material

5 Likes