Roger Craig Smith Leaving the Sonic Franchise

I’m not sure if it is already discussed in this forum or not, but the current voice of Sonic has since been let go of voicing Sonic.

Despite my lack of attachment to the franchise, it is sad that he is leaving. Whoever is taking over for Roger (Ben Schwartz would be cool to have on for regular Sonic imo) they got huge shoes to fill and I wish them luck.

5 Likes

I wondered why I didn’t recognize the voice actor. 10+ years hm. I don’t know how he voiced Sonic but I recognize Ryan Drummond.

Here’s a list of the voices of Sonic.

Bonus: I had no idea Steve Urkel voiced Sonic.

3 Likes

I had no idea Sonic could talk:o

3 Likes

Were you… were you living under a rock?

2 Likes

did hee doo thaaaaaaaaaaat?

3 Likes

Honestly you are not missing much.

2 Likes

sonic had a voice ? :no_mouth:

2 Likes

Well…I haven’t played a Sonic game in 10+ years soooo yes.

2 Likes

Considering the hatred around the newer games, I guess it does come with its perks

2 Likes

Well this decision was turned back around rather quickly lol. My theory is that Sega wanted to get Ben Schwartz, but figured he was too expensive. They pulled a J. Jonah Jameson on us.
“You’re fired.”
Looks at the budget
“Wait you’re unfired, come here.”

3 Likes

Honestly it seems more likely that there might be some sort of dispute between Roger and Sega, maybe of pay? Though I don’t think legit evidence came up on that one, it’s just speculation.
And also is Ben Schwartz really that expensive? Like all I know him was that guy in Ducktales and Randy Cunningham and TMNT or smth

2 Likes

Yeah well, there’s no evidence at all that suggests the reason behind it, so far it’s all just speculation.

2 Likes