Rock, Paper, Shotgun Recommends Free Games

Rock, Paper, Shotgun(RPS) has a weekly feature "Free games of the week" where they list a few free casual games from Steam, Itchio.io and Jolt and other places. Most are downloadable games. Some are silly; some are thought provoking :thinking:and they are all free( Or were when these articles were posted).

This is the most current article:
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/04/2gm8/free-games-of-the-week-11/

This is last weekā€™s:

ā€œAbout Rock, Paper, Shotgun: RPS is about PC gaming. Lovely, delicious, strange and compelling PC gaming. Itā€™s written by a gathering of Britainā€™s top games critics, and aims to cover everything from the latest breaking stories about the biggest releases to esoterica from the formatā€™s most obscure peninsulas. Our philosophy is that AAA and indie are just as likely to produce fascinating games worthy of our time and coverage, and give all extremes equal prominence.ā€

I am going to post two articles every 3 days(give or take) as to give everyone a chance to check them out. Then when we get caught upā€¦I will post the ā€œFree Loaderā€ Articlesā€¦

Please fele free to comment on any of the games mentionedā€¦:+1:t2:

18 Likes

sup

I have an itch.io profile where I create lists to throw in loads of awesome, mostly-free, games I find there.

Hereā€™s me:

https://coralinecastell.itch.io/

Hereā€™s the first of dem lists:

Hereā€™s a preview:

Hope itā€™s also useful.

thanks for the links, @delenn13!

14 Likes

Definitely useful.

I like pancakes too. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Here is the next 2 as promised. You might find something to while away 15 mins or an hour or twoā€¦

7 Likes

David Lynch a typing teacher???

6 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot of free games on that sight, do you normally have to pay for them?

5 Likes

site

5 Likes

You get a couple of free games advertised each week.

4 Likes

I did not see that, thanks! :smile:

3 Likes

I love the name Rock Paper Shotgun :stuck_out_tongue:

Back on topic. Iā€™ve always been interested in free indie games.
Itch.io has interested me but Iā€™ve never gotten to making a acount. Which makes me sad. None the less Iā€™ll take a look at your listšŸ™ƒ

3 Likes

This is a very interesting game! I have been clicking through itā€¦ manā€¦ this is scary stuff!

Makes me want to go back to living in a caveā€¦

7 Likes

On Itch.io there are some ā€œfree all the timeā€ games, shareware, and some you have to pay for. And some of the games have sales.

The RPS article I posted just lists free ā€œall the timeā€ games.

I am joining you.:dizzy_face:

6 Likes

Itā€™s time for my next installment:

This is one of the comments on the article.

ā€œAs I read this column each week, Iā€™m pleasantly surprised at the quality of many of these freebies. I can appreciate how much work goes into even some of these ā€œbasicā€ games, so Iā€™m continuously amazed that some of these devs donā€™t offer their games on Steam in order to make a couple of bucks. Given how much asset-swapped garbage appears on Steam on a regular basis, it seems like a no-brainer to try to sell superior games like some of the games showcased here.ā€

With itā€™s being Motherā€™s Day hereā€¦How about some games with ā€œfemale protagonistsā€?

They saidā€¦ā€œSo Too Many Chefs is basically Cook, Serve, Delicious with a roguelike UIā€? Be sure to read the comments because they offer games in there too.

6 Likes

Here is the most current articleā€¦Even has a Steam EA game that @yoshirules wants. Itā€™s on her wishlist!:smile:

6 Likes

:smile::smile::smile: Dungeon Of Zaar

5 Likes

The latest edition has a few games from Game Jolt. The ninja and potato game look like they would be fun to play. NTM the Swordfish one.:sunglasses:

7 Likes

More Free Gamesā€¦ from the past 2 weeksā€¦

6 Likes

A puzzle about loveā€¦Getting hatchedā€¦Or run a restaurant and fight zombies ā€¦

Run a speakeasy by ā€œmanaging your drinks, customers, and drag queens as you attempt to dodge the lawā€ā€¦Repo cars ā€¦Feed your supplies to a fire to keep you warmā€¦

4 Likes

Oh, dear! I have been remissā€¦:worried:

Wait! What???..Their new design is PURPLE!!! Copying Chrono??? How dare they!!! Sic the cats on themā€¦Or send them some poop!:poop:

Anywaysā€¦You make copies of waffles(donā€™t ask), sell lemonade, deal with a ghost cat and ghost people or be a live cat burglar. Have fun!

And MORE!!!

5 Likes

I canā€™t believe it has been 4 weeks since I posted in this thread. I am so firedā€¦:exploding_head:

Here are some games where you ARE the chair, you are Trapped and you Hyperloop Escape or dance with some skeletons. And if you are really good, you can listen to some stories and have a Strawberry Daiquiri. Itā€™s all so weird!

5 Likes