Region testing

I’ve got a bunch of region locked keys which’ve been laying around for quite some time. I want to test/GA if they still work.

These are most likely from LA/SA:
Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth
Automachef
The Occupation
Golf With Your Friends
Hammerting

This probably from either RU/CIS or LA/SA:
Yooka-Laylee

Check their respective packages on SteamDB to make sure your country matches; and THEN post those which you’d like to try. I’ll figure out the testing order depending on the entries we get.

12 Likes

I don’t really understand what it is you’re asking us to do here. Does the game have a package that is sold in my region? That’s going to be true for most people. How are we supposed to be able to check if your key specifically is viable on our country?

Unless you know which package your key unlocks then how are we expected to check?

I can tell you for sure my country is NOT listed in Latin America nor the Sea region, which should come as no surprise.

5 Likes

For example:

Automachef - https://steamdb.info/app/984800/subs/
has this - SA - specific package:
381450 Automachef (South America)
so all those countries can test it: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Paraguay, El Salvador, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela

The Occupation - https://steamdb.info/app/765880/subs/
has this - LA - specific package:
437449 The Occupation (Latam)
so all those countries can test it:
Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay

Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth - https://steamdb.info/app/65980/subs/
only has a Brazil specific package, so no point checking it in other LA countries
95220 Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth (BR)

Every game/package can have a different country scope - regardless of what it’s called. Best example above (LA being narrower than SA - wut???)

EDIT: and unless you see your country on the inclusion list of any of the region locked packages of any of those games - there’s no way any of those keys will work for you.

7 Likes

My neither but people do and try grow bananas over here so… maybe?

6 Likes

I’m interested in Hammerting and Yooka-Laylee if available (both SA) since I’m from Brazil.

Here are their subs:

Hammerting

Yooka-Laylee

5 Likes

I´m interested to try 95220 Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth (BR).

5 Likes

I guess I could try most of those (I’m from Argentina) Send me whatever is left at the end and I’ll try.

5 Likes

Interested in:

49454 Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth ROW.
(NA usually works for me too)

The Occupation - not sure which one is ROW.

Nice idea man who needs no title. :heart:

4 Likes

No no, Dana, they’re all region locked, definitely not ROWs - that much I was able to test.

5 Likes

OH! Let me check in NA or Latam counts for me. My island is an odd place on the globe. XD

4 Likes

Can I request Hammerting?

5 Likes

`:D I’m quite certain Steam knows that only Barbados belongs to Barbados… but I’ll honor your claim;D

7 Likes

Accurate. All your Chronies are belong to us. XD

7 Likes

I should move to a city name Region. Then all Region games would work. Sorry, I’m feeling goofy. :shushing_face:

9 Likes

BR sloth here, if not claimed already I can go for either Civilization, Yooka, Golf or Hammerting :sloth:

6 Likes

sneaks approaches sloth. Hi! pets head*

6 Likes

There’s some competition so… I’ll do rounds down the list of entrants - starting from the position indicated by DiscoBot, and sending each the first available game from their list.
Feel free to edit/rearrange your choices. I’ll probably start in 20h.

6 Likes

Thanks @SeekerSupreme :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I forgot to study for the “test”. OOPS! :rofl:

6 Likes

Don’t worry, you can just copy from Dana and put Barbados everywhere;)

@discobot roll 1d5

6 Likes

:game_die: 5

4 Likes