Alright alright, first and foremost - what in the absolute f*ck.
After upgrading to Catalina this week, I’ve regretted it. Here’s a comprehensive list of what I hate about it -
- Took up more space on my limited storage space ($1000 laptop, y’all)
- Guest user magically disappeared
- Upgraded to 64-bit - encountered more problems than solutions
- Removed access to most of the Steam games that I want to buy + restricted access to some 32-bit games in my Steam library (which is like, half of my library), but allows me to download the games (???)
- My Macbook doesn’t support Sidecar (which allows me to use my iPad as a second display), even though it’s only a few years old.
- I can’t downgrade without going through a million miles of burning flames.
The thing is that I went into this update expecting nothing but a sleuth of well-placed features (ex. Sidecar and dark mode). Apple, being Apple, decided to Thanos snap 32-bit applications out of nowhere and gave us no easy way to downgrade. I can’t even play my Steam games to release my newfound rage for Apple.
So, yeah. Sorry for the rant. But hey, at least there’s dark mode.
Extra Rant #1: Something as big as a 64-bit upgrade is something you ANNOUNCE PROFUSELY, not hide. As of now, I can only play one or two games in my already tiny Steam library (thanks, Apple!)