Raffle Waffle 13 - Scritch, Waffle and Roll! ( CLOSED )

These riddles on the last day are a nice touch. Keeps everyone on their toes. I like figuring things out for puzzles, but my god riddles always stump me. And I don’t know you too well so I’m at a disadvantage. You seem very nice though as well as generous! :grin:

3 Likes

:blush:

Riddle 3:

Wire tail, no cheese to chew, starve I do not, pixels will do. Hint: Rodent inspiration object.

Riddle 4:

Lefty loosey, righty tightey, your landscapes fall, to the floor without me. Hint: Requires a tool to use this object.

Riddle 5:

White teeth, charcoal soul, stays out of the sun, never tired, nor old. Hint: spooky.

Riddle 6:

White skinned girl, a-clicking a-snipping, answer her wrong, your smile she’ll be fixing: Hint: Japanese origin spook; 3 words.

Extra hints:

• Riddle 3: It’s an electronic device.

• Riddle 4: You could also use a nail instead of this object.

• Riddle 5: It’s undead and the for the love of all horror, it does not sparkle. >.<

• Riddle 6: She’s also a horror movie character and she carries a sharp tool in her hands. It’s bigger than the one on your desk organiser.

4 Likes

I’ll just drop this here while I double check entries and prepare for results posting

Riddle 6’s lady is more human-like than this:

2 Likes

:game_die: So this is the end… Too dramatic, lol. 12:13 at the time I started typing so this giveaway is now officially closed. Finally I get to roll the :game_die:

@discobot roll 8d16

3 Likes

:game_die: 5, 10, 9, 13, 1, 2, 3, 10

2 Likes

:star:

14 prizes won

:gift: Winner Chance Sponsor
A Story of Distress urbivore 50.0%
Ace Alien Cleanup Elite Donluis524 42.9%
Age of Conquest 3 urbivore 26.9%
Balancity Fraggles 100.0%
Caveman Rudi smellyworm 100.0%
Construct: Escape The System Donluis524 45.5%
Fall of Gyes Fraggles 100.0%
Mini Metal GDBringer 19.0%
Planet Ancyra Chronicles Koroth 53.8%
Portal Dogs smellyworm 100.0% pegasuz
Scrap Garden NaifGs 17.9%
Tank Assault X NaifGs 58.3%
The Trials of Olympus Luxen 70.0%
Warden: Melody of the Undergrowth NaifGs 17.1%

10 total entries with 220 tickets

:gift: :tickets: %
A Story of Distress 14 6.4
Ace Alien Cleanup Elite 7 3.2
Age of Conquest 3 26 11.8
Balancity 5 2.3
Caveman Rudi 7 3.2
Construct: Escape The System 11 5.0
Fall of Gyes 7 3.2
Mini Metal 21 9.5
Planet Ancyra Chronicles 13 5.9
Portal Dogs 7 3.2
Scrap Garden 39 17.7
Tank Assault X 12 5.5
The Trials of Olympus 10 4.5
Warden: Melody of the Undergrowth 41 18.6

0 entries disqualified

@ :fairy:

Thanks so much to all for playing. Special thanks to my sponsors @pegasusz, @EyeQue and my steam friend. Additional gratitude to @Pylinaer for helping work out the javascript kinks.

@ohko is the one who created these and who started this raffle format. The script was from Raffle X. Haven’t seen them for a while and hope wherever they are, they’re safe and happy. :star:

9 Likes

PS: I’ll leave the riddles up if anyone was to guess them for fun. :heart: Posting the answers at midday tomorrow if no one figures them out. Cheers and thanks again. :heart:

Not as savvy as ohko, but here’s your winner’s printout and source code.

Time to roll out the PMs. Mew. ^^

4 Likes

Shadow?, also thanks for GA!

3 Likes

Sorry but no… the extra hint also notes it’s a non-sparkling undead creature. You’re welcome! Sorting my PM run now.

2 Likes

Well, now that the game’s over I guess I can finally say what a few of them are (or at least offer a hint for one that I know, yet don’t recall the name atm xD):

1. Computer Mouse (My class had to make one with soap and place a marble in the bottom once during elementary school; I have no idea what this was supposed to teach anybody in computer class though…)

2. I can’t recall the name, but I know what it is. It’s one of those picture hangers that either goes bolted/nailed down or glued to the wall. There’s also adhesive strips and wire hanging methods too.

3. It’s a handsome classic vampire. None of that sparkly pretty boy stuff.

4. She showed up in one chapter of the Mob Psycho 100 manga, though iirc she was removed in the 2nd season anime where said chapter took place or changed to something else. (Maybe it was the other way around; I can’t remember)

3 Likes

@Luxen

3 and 5 - absolutely right. Sparkly vampires >> Did Lestat shine? Heh.

4 - sad that in English, there’s a word for everything. I was more thinking 'screw" but your idea is likely more precise. Also, other than “picture hook”, what would you call it?

1. Never heard of that manga, so I can’t yea or nay that idea.
2 Likes
  1. It can often be called a picture frame hanger (or just picture hanger).

2. It’s a manga about a world where some people have psychic powers and sometimes spirits (or other weird stuff) are involved. It’s a pretty good read, though the art style is pretty messy (that’s putting it nicely, haha). It’s made by ONE, the same guy who created the popular One Punch Man series. The anime does have a cleaner art style that flows better, but they still haven’t animated the final season for it.

I looked it up again and it wasn’t that the character was removed in the anime, but she was changed to have a more original appearance. In the anime, she’s known as The Dragger, but her real name (not her living name, the legend one) is Kuchisake-onna.

3 Likes

Yup, that’s her. The answer to Riddle 6 is also known as “The Slit-Mouthed Woman”. Similar, er… smile to the Joker’s (according to some lore, not sure whether cannon or not).

4 Likes

:star2: :star:

All prizes for Steam and Itch should now have been PM’ed or otherwise delivered. Let me know if the squirrel missed anyone. See you for the next giveaway! :heart: (Not like tomorrow, lol). Cheers.

:star::star2:

10 Likes

Lots of games, lots of riddles, and possibly the best replies to views ratio on the forum (413 / 512 at the moment).

With the second 13 rolled, Donluis524 took the Firm Alien Butt DLC which I wanted, so battling discobot was just for fun from that point on.
Discobot won:D
But(!), I got a chance to save a foxie <3 (saving foxies always good)

Very nice giveaway. Thank you @Danacscott :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

:sunny: Important :sunny:

Your games should link fine, but some seem to have that “removed from Steam Store” issue, in that if you do a search, the store page won’t show.

You should be able to find your new game(s) in your Collections or Library or Purchases. It’s in there somewhere. I had to hunt down Hope Lake, for instance.

@Koroth was able to find Planet Ancyra in Collections. (Thanks for bringing that to my attention again ^^)

Once again, thank you all for enjoying #13 with me and enjoy your winnings. :heart:

9 Likes

I had a feeling riddle 5 had to do with a vampire. I never guessed for some reason. Probably because a vampire seemed to obvious to me and thought maybe it had to be more specific. Not sure if this is being too specific, but going off of what @Luxen said about it being a classic vampire immediately made me think of Bela Lugosi. Accidentally spelled it Belo instead of Bela initially. God damn Castlevania credits getting me all confuzzled.

4 Likes

Yes. The. Vampire. Always.

Thinking of him makes me sad, since he pretty much was type-cast after that. sigh You shouldn’t be penalized for a playing a role “too well”.

Also, with riddles, it’s often the most obvious answer that’s the right one; that’s what makes them so tricky. =^_^= Have to improve my riddle writing skills anyway - those were all off the cuff, you know?

4 Likes