Quake 1, 2, 3 free @Bethesda

12th for Quake 2 and 17th for Quake 3, each available for 72h. So now nobody else has to subject themselves to the horror that is twitter.

Why they couldn’t make them both available simultaneously I couldn’t possibly imagine.

7 Likes

My Bunny is now Army, so yeah, I must suffer Twitter occasionally now.

4 Likes

You have militarized bunnies, what is the world coming to?

5 Likes

Yeah, I already put these dates in my phone’s calendar. :+1:

And now we wait…

6 Likes

BTW I’ve found three more source ports for Quake 2 and 3 Arena respectively:

• Quake 3:
6 Likes

Btw, it’s available now (Quake 2 that is). I had to restart the launcher for it to show as free.

7 Likes

The only reason I have the Bethesda launcher is for Wolfenstein: Young Blood, which I got for $15 cheaper than the Steam equivalent. Oh, and Fallout 76, but I got that for free on Steam. I don’t even launch Bethesda’s launcher anymore… xD

4 Likes

I also just confirmed I got Quake 2 in my launcher restart.

However I never got Quake 1 there. I suppose it’s too late to try and get that corrected. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Thanks @blomvik :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

I got it.

I just install it in “Shadow Mode” then reboot…and the launcher is gone. No trace of it.

4 Likes

Thanks, I’ll have to try that out.

4 Likes

It’s a paid program. Since I got this new laptop, I have been looking for a replacement for Time Freeze. It doesn’t work well on Win10. So a couple of weeks ago, I got an offer for Shadow Defender for FREE so I grabbed it. It’s normally $39 US. I will keep an eye out for you, if you like…

What is cool about these types of programs is that if you are just trying a program and you aren’t sure about it, you can install them, try it and then reboot. It’s all gone.

It really comes in handy if you let kids use your PC or laptop when they are visiting…You set it up in “Shadow Mode” and when they leave, just reboot…it’s all gone…

6 Likes

Then you forgot you had set it up, spend 6h working on something reboot…it’s all gone.

5 Likes

YEP!!! Almost did that a few times. I have had to put things on a stick then reboot…:joy:

4 Likes

Thanks guys. It’s registered as "not installed " in my launcher.

3 Likes

Maybe just get a host from AWS? It shouldn’t cost much for a few hours I guess.

3 Likes

Could you also let me know when Shadow Defender is free too?

I currently use a virtual machine and put programs I am hesitant about in there. But It would be nice if a simple reboot would remove it. It seems like a save state, but faster.

5 Likes

Yeah, got Quake 2 in my launcher. And now we wait some more days for Quake 3.

BTW, don’t forget to check out my resources thread. I’ve grouped everything there instead of keeping posting stuff here.

7 Likes

Ok, I see now you were talking about “Sandbox” software. I understand it well, thanks. :+1:

5 Likes

Yes, I used to have a paid version of Sandboxie too. Then it got bought out and eventually went free…

5 Likes

Quake III Arena available now.

6 Likes