PlayStation Plus Free Games Thread

Available Sep 5th

Important update to PS+ Pricing.

“We also wanted to let you know that starting September 6 we will be increasing the price for PlayStation Plus 12-month subscriptions globally across all benefit plans. This price adjustment will enable us to continue bringing high-quality games and value-added benefits to your PlayStation Plus subscription service.”

PlayStation Plus Essential 12-Month Subscription
79.99 USD | 71,99 Euro | 59.99 GBP | 6,800 Yen

PlayStation Plus Extra 12-Month Subscription
134.99 USD | 125,99 Euro | 99.99 GBP | 11,700 Yen

PlayStation Plus Premium 12-Month Subscription
159.99 USD | 151,99 Euro | 119.99 GBP | 13,900 Yen

Well… Premium was fun while it lasted. Guess, I’m dropping to the essentials tier.

5 Likes

Thanks @THEFIREGAMER123 :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

I’ve canceled my subscription. I no longer saw the value with the rather large price increase. It might be cheaper than PC Game Pass or Game Pass Ultimate, but the amount you get out of it is significantly less.

Not sure they were thinking straight on that one.

5 Likes

I definitely got a lot of usage out of premium, but the past few months have been primarily lacklustre (Specifically the premium offerings). I can’t be bothered until we start seeing some actual value each month. I can see the Extra tier being worth it 'cause you get access to a ton of games and each month they add 10+. Then on premium, we usually get 3-5 games most people have never even heard of and these ports usually don’t run the best. A $56 CAD price hike is outrageous for premium and the only true benefit you get is old games. I’ve got one year with premium and then I’ll likely drop to Essentials, maybe Extra at a discount (PS+ annual subscriptions usually go on sale for their Days of Play event). Also I just want to point out they said,

and it’s been a fairly low value for quite some time now. The majority of the titles have been directed to very specific groups of gamers. Each month there have been 1 maybe 2 games I’ll check out, and even less so I’ll actually do a full playthrough on.

Games I played over the past 10 months
  • Saints Row (Likely won’t finish, not having a good time with it)
  • Destroy All Humans 2 (I’ve tried this one several times, but never could get into it. Love the first one though)
  • Twisted Metal 1 and 2 (Didn’t like them)
  • World War Z (Didn’t care for it)
  • Cold War (Didn’t like it, but I did finish it)
  • Alan Wake (Great game)
  • A hat in Time (Didn’t care for it)
  • Far Cry 6 (I don’t think even finished the prologue)
  • Rift Apart (Great game)
  • Humanity (Great game)
  • Grid Legends (Didn’t enjoy it as much as I had hoped, but I did beat it)
  • Sackboy (Didn’t care for it)
  • Meet your Maker (Didn’t like it)

So out of the past 10 months, I only enjoyed 3 out of probably 100+ total game offerings and only 2 of the games I played were premium games.

5 Likes

It will be interesting to see how big of a hit Sony takes with this change. I can’t imagine they would ever come out and say, but maybe in an earnings call or something along those lines will shed some light on it.

5 Likes

Available Sep 19th

• Odin Sphere Leifthrasir | PS4
  • Unpacking | PS4, PS5
  • This War of Mine: Final Cut | PS5
  • Cloudpunk | PS4, PS5
  • Contra: Rogue Corps | PS4
  • Tails Noir | PS4, PS5
  • Call of the Sea | PS4, PS5
  • West of Dead | PS4
  • Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness | PS4
  • PAW Patrol The Movie: Adventure City Calls | PS4, PS5

Premium

• Star Ocean First Departure R | PS4
  • Star Ocean: Till the End of Time | PS4
  • Star Ocean: The Last Hope – 4K & FHD Remaster | PS4
  • Dragon’s Crown Pro | PS4

Cloudpunk is a pretty good game, I do recommend that one.

6 Likes

Star Ocean. Nice. Vintage suffering. Endless crafting. Ice dungeons. All the joys.

5 Likes

Thanks, @THEFIREGAMER123 :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

It’s nothing but greed.

5 Likes

Available Oct 3rd

6 Likes

Thanks @THEFIREGAMER123 :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

I have some news to share this month for PS+ Premium Subscribers. There are two new additions coming to the tier.
First off is a streaming app from Sony rebranded as “Sony Pictures Core” (previously Sony Bravia Core). This app allows you to buy and rent Sony movies, and for Premium subs, you’ll get access to 100 movies that will cycle in/out at no additional cost. You can read more about it here.

Second, PS5 owners will soon be able to stream their PS5 games, including games for PS+, game trials, and your own digital purchases. This will launch in Japan on Oct 17th, Europe on Oct 23rd, and North America on Oct 30th. You can read more about this here.

And now on with the games!
Available Oct. 17th

• Elite Dangerous | PS4
  • FAR: Changing Tides | PS4, PS5
  • Gungrave G.O.R.E.
  • Eldest Souls | PS4, PS5
  • Röki | PS4, PS5

Premium

• Tekken 6 | PS4, PS5
  • Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny | PS4, PS5
  • Ape Escape Academy | PS4, PS5
  • IQ Final | PS4, PS5
5 Likes

It would appear a bonus game was added to PS+ for some countries, Canada and USA I know have it, not sure about any other countries.

4 Likes

A-train? I played that on my Amiga in the 90s. Trains, choo choo.

5 Likes

Thanks @carvalho20ptc :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

Choo choo. I don’t have this, but tell me how fun is this world of Choo Choo. :heart:

3 Likes

Available Nov 7th

I highly recommend Mafia 2 and the Mafia trilogy in general.

Sony Pictures Core, starting today, will provide all PS+ members of any tier, with a 15% discount on all purchases.

I’m still unsure of how often and how many of the PS+ Premium movies are going to cycle in/out. I’ll check the app on the 7th to see if anything is new.

4 Likes

Teardown is available today, everything else Nov 21

• Nobunaga’s Ambition: Taishi | PS4
  • Alternate Jake Hunter: Daedalus The Awakening of Golden Jazz | PS4
  • River City Melee Mach!! | PS4

Premium

• Grandia | PS4, PS5
  • Jet Moto | PS4, PS5
  • Up | PS4, PS5
  • Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series | PS4/PS5
  • PaRappa the Rapper 2 | PS4

I recommend giving Superliminal a go if you like puzzle games. It’s by far the best puzzle game I’ve ever played.

4 Likes

Available Dec 5th:

5 Likes

4 Likes

Available Dec 19th

• Moonscars | PS4, PS5
  • Mega Man 11 | PS4
  • Gigabash | PS4, PS5
  • Grime | PS4, PS5
  • Tinykin | PS4, PS5
  • Prodeus | PS4, PS5
  • Shadowrun Returns | PS4, PS5
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall – Director’s Cut | PS4, PS5
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong – Extended Edition | PS4, PS5

Premium:

• Mega Man Legacy Collection | PS4
  • Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 | PS4
  • Thrillville | PS4, PS5 (Finally a game I recognize!)
  • Thrillville: Off the Rails | PS4, PS5 (Finally a game I recognize!)
  • Buzz Lightyear of Star Command | PS4, PS5
4 Likes