Pinned Function

I am having trouble with the Pinned function. I want to pin the Game Dealz thread so it is always handy at the top. It shows the “Pin” but it’s not really pinned. Anyone else having problems with this or is it something I am doing wrong?

Here’s a screen shot:

BTW, I really like the site and the people here. Thank you!

1 Like

Yeah I tried to pin that thread too. Also get that upside down grey tick which seems to signify it is unpinned. Going into the thread and selecting the option to pin it only sticks for a few seconds before it seems to turn itself off, the setting never sticks.

2 Likes

In the thread, if you click the pin icon in the thread title so that the pin is facing down, it should stay pinned, but it’s been wonky for me before as well. Let me know if that doesn’t work and I’ll do some digging.

3 Likes

No, that undid itself as well.

1 Like

Me too! Went unpinned immediately…

1 Like

Tsk tsk, typical. You just can’t get the staff these days, eh? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I think I might have uncovered the issue with this, looking through the user settings there’s an odd little default on one at the bottom.
“Automatically unpin topics when I reach the bottom.”

Unchecked that mark and now it looks like the pin on game deals thread is sticking. The thread did not rise to the top as you might expect a stickied post to do. But the pin icon is the right way around at least, progress!

I’d recommend making that setting default off. Since automatically turning stickiness off is not an expected feature, hence this thread.

Edit:
Ok so yeah, the thread is now actually stickied on top of it’s category, the way I guess the feature says it will work and working as intended?

What I at least, can’t speak for the rest of you, would like is for it to also be possible to keep it stickied in the ‘all categories’ newest list.

Like the “a few ways to not miss out on” thread behaves since that one’s stickied by admins. Would be nice if personal stickies could function the same.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Great find! I actually think I did that for myself awhile back, but had totally forgotten about it. Needless to say, Discourse is a great forum software, but it can be a bit obtuse at times and I’m certainly not an expert with it.

1 Like

That is pinned “globally”…So if we want The Game Dealz thread to stay up at the “top top”, it would need to be globally pinned.

Thanks @Fraggles for figuring it out.

SO…To TPTB:
If you fix this, I will be your Star Trek Girl…

1 Like

ROFL…Not this thread…The Game Dealz thread…https://206.81.1.216/t/game-dealz/3563/43

3 Likes

Wow, I must’ve been out of it when I did that!

The Game Deals one should already been globally pinned at the top of the Gaming section.

3 Likes