Paperclips

I can win Universal Paperclips in under 33 minutes:

5 Likes

I don’t know if that’s true since you’ve invested 50+(?) hours to achieve the state where the 33 minute victory is possible by playing the game over and over and over, but congratulations on the endurance to achieve it.

4 Likes

Well, not 50+ hours. Maybe 30+ hours. Once I got over the first one, it got much faster. Getting under 1 hour was the tricky part, since there are ways to get by without completing everything, and figuring out which pieces weren’t needed at all was hard. The previous run was 1 hour 18 minutes, so that final run was very streamlined.

4 Likes

Lol, here you are proud of your universal paperclip achievement and then along comes good ol’ @Fraggles to shite all over it and bring you back down to reality.

Still, though, 33 mins is not to be sniffed at. Well done.

It is a fun game but it is no Mark of the Ninja.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be a terrible person, really, it just comes naturally. But still I would maintain that the claim is at the very least flawed as it can not be done from a first play through. You wouldn’t say you beat any other game under a time just as long as you ignore spending days in the starting area to grind levels that makes the speedrun possible would you?

Still there’s achievement here and I fully recognise that. Now start a fresh run and utilise what you’ve learned and see how long that’ll take.

2 Likes

It was a good point, an important one. I just found it funny, when I read it. I’m easily pleased… sometimes