Paperclips

the website also just broke

2 Likes

I don’t know what you’re saying here xD

1 Like

Essentially that the game evolves beyond trying to break even on selling paperclips. Don’t be deceived by the early stages.

2 Likes

I just wanted to say I can click fast

the website just died and lost all my progress and Im not doing it again.

and I only got to the marketing bit.

1 Like

hah, “breaking even” on paperclips, now that’s a suckers business.
nah this is how you handle each and every single paperclip you get your hands on

(tho seriously i got no clue what the “game” is about in OP, just thought the “reply”/quote fit perfect with a “red clip”-guy mention) :smile:

2 Likes

Interesting…although I see no value in any of those trades bar the year’s rent and the house itself…I feel like he got really lucky.

And Gnuffi “play” the Paperclip game…or rather click a bit, then let it run and check in from time to time for more clicks. You’re missing out on an experience…

2 Likes

I love this kind of games! The last one I played must been Candy Box 2 I think, or A Dark Room, years ago, really something different, play A dark room if you have not.

Would love to make a similar game like this! Just need to figure something out. :smiley:

1 Like

If the browser window isn’t wide enough, the game switches to showing that page, since they assume you’re on a mobile device. You could have just made the window a bit wider until the game started displaying again and continued where you left off. Happened to me too :stuck_out_tongue:.

2 Likes

I’m not too bothered, but thats good to know I didn’t actually kill it, and my mind still believes it was a paperclip making simulator :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Did you finish it?

1 Like

Omg… it continues…

Universe: 1 / Sim Level: 2

3 Likes

You went good…If you go evil and wipe out the Drift then it ends.

3 Likes

Damnit!

3 Likes

Not sure if I fucked it up. I had made 250miljon in stocks so I Cashed it out and got all the promotion and got to upgrade to drones, I did all that without spending the new trust points that I got and then when I release the drones they disappeared. :frowning:

So not sure if I should restart since that was like 20trust points.

Not sure if stuck or not smart.
My progress

1 Like

Disassemble everything?
Or not, I can’t really tell what point you’re at. Maybe something bugged out. It was a few months since I played the game.

1 Like

Okey, now I could make a factory, thanks.

1 Like

Why oh why did I look up that Paperclips game when I saw this post the other day?

5 Mins In: It is total crap.
15 Mins In: Ach, maybe just a few more minutes
1 Hour In: Damn, I am still playing this?
1 Day In: I wonder, shall I skip work?
4 Days In: There is not enough content in this now. Wait, 4 days!?

5 Likes

It’s awesome isn’t it? Treads the line between too much and too little to do really well. I tried A Dark Room but it felt way too intensive in comparison, and there’s nothing like watching your paperclip numbers skyrocket. It’s mesmerising!

4 Likes

Aye, I didn’t think it would be any good, I was pleasantly surprised.

2 Likes

So. I got my father addicted to Paperclips.

I’ll be redirecting him to a mental facility tomorrow. He’s starting to mutter “Yomi” in his sleep.

Thanks for nothing, @xist.

7 Likes