Overfall key revoked from Fanatical

Had my key revoked today and looks like it is an issue with the Devs and a publisher. This came from their Origin bundle back in October of 2018. Looks like we should get it back, just have to wait I guess.

Dev response thread

Fanatical page on the issue

5 Likes

hmm strange, i haven’t had my key revoked :thinking: (yet) :grimacing: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

That’s coz you gave it away :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

@Gnuffi
No reason to discuss it publicly, but I just got your PM the moment I posted my joke :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m kinda always surprised how often people (I’m speaking of the devs) handle those things spectacularly poorly. From steam thread I gathered that they knew fanatcial keys were legit and nuked them just because they were in the line of fire. They revoked them 1st and only then contacted Fanatical. :expressionless: That’s such a mess. And since the pulled the trigger on April Fools… I think it just shows that they acted without thinking -_-

4 Likes

yea, sadly it’s not the first time this happens when devs get publisher/middlemen issues. It’s not the right reaction but i guess they sorta “instinctively” respond in affect with the “only” option they feel they have easily available
still not better than the “accidental” nuking of entire key batches other devs have managed, but i can partially see it from their pov.
And either way it just sucks, they are out of money, and as a reward they get customer backlash and a bad rep from it, gaining nothing in the attempt of trying to get what was owed

4 Likes

Yeah it does sound like this issue would be better fought in court.

3 Likes

My Overfall key came from Chrono, and so far I think I still have it in my account.

Hopefully they make it right…

3 Likes

holy frickin frick to the heck people are completely losing their minds and freaking out over there in that thread @_@

insane amount of fearmongering jeebers jezz :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

lol yeah and I bet a very small percentage has even played the game or had any intention of playing it soon but they will still freak out. Fanatical will make it right, we just have to wait a bit. For people that bought it on grey market sites, well thats the risk you run buying it there but seems the devs will try to send keys to those people as well.

3 Likes

Oof…

2 Likes

How do you get notified when a key gets revoked? Is it when you try to play the game, or is it a Steam notification that pops up?

2 Likes

a steam pop up “blocks” you when you open your client, wont go away until you click “yes sir, understood bossman”

5 Likes

Yep, I lost mine too. I found my info from Fanatical so I had bought the bundle.

2 Likes