Origins Bundle at Fanatical (2 Tiers)

I really, REALLY like the trailer of Rebel Galaxy and Rime seems quite cool but, not sure. I will probably pick tier 1 and gift Grey Goo.

2 Likes

@DownwardConcept the word you’re looking for to describe the hand motion in that gif is “so-so”

2 Likes

If anyone ends up with a spare Rebel Galaxy, I’d be happy to trade them anything in the coin shop for it. As it stands, I’d be picking up too many duplicates to justify the bundle to myself.

Edit: wish fulfilled!

2 Likes

that Humble bundle didn’t come out as expected.

That leak could be a fake… Now I have to seriously wonder about it… ahhh…!!!

4 Likes

:frowning: :frowning:

1 Like

4 Likes

This is you!

3 Likes

At least I am a rare creature with a really cool effect…

Haven’t played or looked at MTG in so long…

1 Like

MTGA is a great way to get back into it, I haven’t played in years and am loving it.
It’s everything I wanted Hearthstone to be, and so much more beginner friendly that MTGO!

1 Like

Halcypher here is right, MTGArena is a good way. It’s still in beta and will be one final reset of cards before the release so, unless you really want to play it right now, I would recommend waiting a little bit (to make use of the grinding in case you get hooked).

1 Like

Still needs a lot of rework though, the gem/gold system tries to scam people to sky and beyond, and never forget every bit of generosity another digital card game other than Heartstone offers, it’s to challenge it. Don’t get me wrong, I love Magic, just look at my avatar, but WotC never gave a flying furry about the digital market until they realized it had a very large number of people willing to play (and pay). That, on top of the Duel planeswalkers and the MTGO ignoring collection and investments well, really makes me hesitant to trust them. The devs working on it changed several aspects a lot several times, trying honestly to make it fair and profitable at the same time, but I have zero confidence in WotC handling the situation properly, and God knows they are not the “You do you” type of company, not even close. Sales were rough last year so, maybe that shakes things a little bit.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s not the case, the wipe happened after the closed beta, but they said that’s it.

I certainly agree with some of your other points though, WOTC are who they are, but if you know that then you know what you are getting into.

I found the best way to play at the moment is to do the dailies and then use the gold to do drafts, that way you get to get play a draft and add the cards to your collection. While I’m not planning on playing entirely f2p, I have done so far because I’m out of practice and don’t know the new Guilds of Ravnica block very well. And it’s still been really fun playing casually. I’m enjoying the focus on two-colour decks.

1 Like

I checked and you’re right, there are currently no plans to wipe out the collection (again) when the open beta ends, still, let me tell you that was initially the plan when they were in alpha. Yeah, I’ve been lurking around for a while!

Indeed for casual play it’s excellent or better since they give you decent decks to start with and, well, I always had this mixed feeling about limited in Magic, because you want to make a good deck, but you also want to pick a very cool nice card you open even if doesn’t go in your deck. That’s why cube draft and cube sealed are probably my favourite formats.

Thanks for the info regarding the no-wipe collection, maybe I start doing some dailies here and there for that. I bet we could have fun with a duel… IF WE HAD A FRIENDLIST! We will have it eventually though, they would have to be mad not to implement such thing.

2 Likes

I know! conspicuous by it’s absence! One day.

2 Likes