Option to add funds to a Chrono wallet?

I use a card that charges a fee for every transaction, so I always keep money in my Steam, GOG, and Humble wallets so that I don’t have to pay a extra dollar for every game. Banks are a nightmare for me because of ADHD, so prepaid cards are the way I go.

Is it possible to implement this kind of feature on Chrono? I would jump on many more daily deals if this were the case.

10 Likes

Great idea! I never even thought about this issue… :+1:

6 Likes

Although regional pricing will forever be my nº1 demand, this would also help a bit.

+1 :butterfly:

8 Likes

Yes please!! @lonin

+1

6 Likes

Something we’ve thought about and will continue thinking about in the future. Likely not a short term feature, but I think we’ll be adding something along these lines eventually.

In the short term, we’re looking to add a lot more payment options. Keep an eye out in the second half of this year. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

:pray::raised_hands:

6 Likes

is it not possible to do that very thing with paypal?, and then pay with paypal “wallet”/attached prepaid-card?
(or is it a prepaid card + “under 18yo”-thingy since PP has that age gate issue?)

4 Likes

Using paypal charges me a extra 3%, but also I got locked out of my account somehow, and they want me to go through a thousand hoops to fix it.

I suppose if I can ever get back into it, I could just eat a one-time extra 3% fee, but the more money I put in, the more that goes into the fee ether. I also have this +3% problem adding funds to my GOG wallet.

I’m looking into Visa gift cards at the moment. It looks like there’s just one upfront fee to buy them. This might be a good alternative. Thank you for your suggestion, though.

3 Likes

In case anyone else is having this issue, I looked into the Visa gift cards, and there are no fees after the $1.95 purchase fee. You can’t reload them, but you can add up to $500. You can buy them at so many places like Walmart, even some dollar stores.

I like that you’re working on adding more payment options. I think this site is really great already. I’d still love to see a Chrono wallet option, but 3rd-party fees and my ADHD-can’t-handle-banks thing are not Chrono’s responsibility.

I should even say, thanks for taking my prepaid cards! Humble Monthly’s no-prepaid-cards rule is just ridiculous. I have to give my roommate $12 every month to participate in that, and some people might not be so lucky to have someone willing to do that.

2 Likes

I’ve used prepaid Visa credit cards too and it’s weird when some places will accept them and others won’t even though they accept Visa, I don’t understand why there would be a difference to them.

Too bad Lort Smith I was going to give you $100 but apparently you don’t want it.

3 Likes

GOG totally doesn’t take Visa gift cards, but they’ll accept my other prepaid with a extra 3% fee. I don’t understand, either.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!! :scream:

3 Likes